UT FOOT(ball) in mouth . . . TAKE 2

Why are you congratulating me? I want the vols to win, dont really care what the coaches name is. I just he didnt say stupid stuff.

I was saying you may be right about Pruitt ending up like the Dooley and Butch situations,so congrats if you are. We all want the Vols to win but we all don't turn non issues into a coach is doing it wrong or he is doing dumb things.

Reactions: 1 person
I was saying you may be right about Pruitt ending up like the Dooley and Butch situations,so congrats if you are. We all want the Vols to win but we all don't turn non issues into a coach is doing it wrong or he is doing dumb things.

Is discussing it on a message board for vols fans making a huge issue out of it, or is it just discussing something, probably because its the off season? Is it a huge issue? No. Is it dumb? Yes.

Kiffen putting usc pics up ... fans hammered him for it.
Dooley said dumb things, fans defended him till he didnt win.
Jones said dumb things, fans defended him till he didnt win.
My point all along as been, it dumb. If he wins noone wilk care. If he doesnt it will hasten his exit. For proof, see above.

is that a point that really needs to be made? i mean, do you think they put out that tweet with the sole intent of setting the staff up to fail? or that maybe you market what you have?

i mean, really...in a word or two..."no duh". if we don't win the way that staff expects to, we expect to, no ones going to come back and say "but wait, they coached Roquan Smith, keep him".

you've skipped to the end, and are looking back already, and we haven't even signed the first kid to the 19 class...

is that a point that really needs to be made? i mean, do you think they put out that tweet with the sole intent of setting the staff up to fail? or that maybe you market what you have?

i mean, really...in a word or two..."no duh". if we don't win the way that staff expects to, we expect to, no ones going to come back and say "but wait, they coached Roquan Smith, keep him".

you've skipped to the end, and are looking back already, and we haven't even signed the first kid to the 19 class...

If it doesnt need discussing, why are you discussing it?

I dont need a diversion. You are the one claiming it isnt worth discussing.....while discussing it.

no, i said your point was pointless.
My point all along as been, it dumb. If he wins noone wilk care. If he doesnt it will hasten his exit. For proof, see above.
'if he doesn't win, then he won't be here'

'if he does, then no one will care about this'

'so it's stuipd'

that's insight right there.........brand new information.

Could you explain it to me?

He thinks the list of players is dumb and doesn't promote the school in any way shape or form even tho it's for the coaches and not the school. Coaches should not advertise players they coach at others schools even if it's for recruiting only.
Also,it's not a big deal to him even if the coach succeeds or fails.

And I just got tired of the back and forth going nowhere.

no, i said your point was pointless.

'if he doesn't win, then he won't be here'

'if he does, then no one will care about this'

'so it's stuipd'

that'sinsight right there.........brand new information.

Great, then why are still discussing? State your point and move on.

i have, and we're not.

sage advice for someone that thinks this is stupid, considering the amount of replies you have in this thread.:thumbsup:

You said its not worth discussing, yet continue to discuss. Ate you one of those that has to have to last word? I find it amusing to discuss stuff like this when there is nothing else to discuss. So if you find it not worth discussing, stop.

Pruitt is plain-spoken. He says what's on his mind, and his heart; whichever comes first.

Will he say things he probably shouldn't have? Yes.

We didn't hire him for his diplomatic skills, we hired him to win football games. Do that, and all is well. Don't, and in 3 or 4 or 5 years, we try again. Simple as that. p.s. - Has to go at least 50/50 against UF, and beat Bama at least once in the next 4. Otherwise, the buzzards go into a holding pattern above Neyland.

He's fiery, he's a winner, and he's as blunt as the tail end of a boxcar. But if he can recruit, assemble a winning staff, coach, and win games, again...all is well. The early results are encouraging, if not positive.

He gets this season and the 2019 class to prove it to me. If he's a winner, the signs will be there by ESD in December.

So we wait, and we see. And we read 10,000 threads in the meantime.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 2 people
You said its not worth discussing, yet continue to discuss. Ate you one of those that has to have to last word? I find it amusing to discuss stuff like this when there is nothing else to discuss. So if you find it not worth discussing, stop.
Lol. I never said that... so like the rest of your contributions here, this tangent is also pointless.

So far he has no results to evaluate or be encouraged by. He was sort of able to keep the recruiting class from sinking completely. Problem is, Jones' great classes were all full of horribly overranked players. Results bear out that unfortunate conclusion. Then he bowed up and got all rednecky on the fans about going to the scrimmage and just sounded defensive and hucksterlike. But I repeat, no reason to be encouraged or discouraged yet. The job is totally in front of him.

ron-white.jpg

Almost didn't watch any of those blue collar specials, the redneck/bathroom humor isn't really my thing. But RW made the entire thing worth while.

"The guy beside of me was really
freaking out, apparently he had a lot to live for"
"He asked me how far we could make it on one engine?
All the way to the scene of the crash. Which is pretty convenient, cause that's where we're headed."

Reactions: 3 people
Almost didn't watch any of those blue collar specials, the redneck/bathroom humor isn't really my thing. But RW made the entire thing worth while.

"The guy beside of me was really
freaking out, apparently he had a lot to live for"
"He asked me how far we could make it on one engine?
All the way to the scene of the crash. Which is pretty convenient, cause that's where we're headed."

One of my favorites...lol.

Reactions: 2 people
I'll just leave this here...

“but, at the same time, coach kelly, he coached derwin (james) and jalen (ramsey), so that kind of plays a big role in why i like tennessee"

Aaron Beasley '19 recruit....

Reactions: 5 people
My personal favorite:

"I backed down from the fight, 'cause I didn't know how many of them it would take to kick my a**...but I knew how many they planned to use."

Been there, done that.

Go Vols.
Yep another classic... " and that's a handy piece of information to have right there". Lol

i'll just leave this here...

“but, at the same time, coach kelly, he coached derwin (james) and jalen (ramsey), so that kind of plays a big role in why i like tennessee"

aaron beasley '19 recruit....

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back