UT FOOT(ball) in mouth . . . TAKE 2

A couple of folks have explained it already, but here goes again, man:

This isn't about building excitement for Tennessee among fandom. If it were, you'd be right; this would be lame.

Instead, this is about making a case to the very best recruits--those who, though still in high school, believe they have a real shot at the NFL--that Tennessee has the coaching staff who can get them there.

It's not playing up Bama or Georgia or USCw. Almost the opposite. It's saying:

"Hey, you know these players who made it to the NFL from all these other schools? Yeah, well, the guys who coached them up and got them there? They're not at those other schools any more. They're at Tennessee. Come join us."

Makes perfect sense to me.

Exactly JP. Not hard to understand it at all....unless you just really don’t want to “understand” it.

Reactions: 2 people
This is actually pretty hilarious.

Too bad a good section of our fans are too uptight to laugh at it and will defend whatever BS any of these coaches schill out no matter what.

I think it’s funny too. It’s well done and certainly expected.

But it in no way is gonna affect anything regarding our recruiting imo. And I still contend, correctly, that getting the message out to recruits that all the coaches who put all those great college players into the early rounds of the NFL draft the last decade or so are at one place, Tennessee, and not at those other schools......that is the message that’s gonna resonate much more with the recruits we’re after.

Haha, nope. He looks a little like the actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman (sp?), but I don't think it's him. :)

Ron White....If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.

Reactions: 1 person
tmcxd0r8h4vu.jpg

Fair to say UT's opponents are having a field day with this.

Lol, that's funny

Ron White....If I could offer one piece of advice to the planet, it would be this: Don't marry for looks alone, and I'll tell you why. In a few years, when Barbara's boobs start sagging, she can get plastic surgery, have them lifted, move the nipple wherever. You can actually go to a titty bar, pick out a set of titties and say, "I want those titties on that woman." If her belly gets too big, she can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If her vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If her hearing goes bad, they can install a device in her ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever.

Love that guy. "I was drunk in a bar, you threw me into public"

Ah. I get it man, I get it.

You had to feed it to me with a spoon, but I get it. :)

What’s the “middle ground” here. Give us your pitch given where the program currently is?

These coaches need to sell what they have, their biggest asset by far, to gain the interest and ultimately commitments from the top highschool prospects in the country..... which is their collective track records of recruiting, coaching and developing some of the very best collegiate players in the country over the last 8-10 years, winning national championships with them, and helping them be drafted in the early rounds of the nfl draft.

How do you sell the kid that you’re the guy to help them reach their collegiate and professional goals? Do you just button up at that point?....or do you pull out the laundry list of well-known star players that many/most of these recruits admire, model their play after and strive to be one day?

This ain’t hard. I just saw a Tweet put out by UT Football that highlighted former Vol players Manning, Barnett, Kamara and James in reference to Vols who were early round picks...they were hyping it up, as they should be.

But our current coaches didn’t coach any of those guys....instead, they coached Tyrann Matthieu, Jalen Ramsay, DeMarcus Ware, Nick Fairley and many, many others....all of which establish this staff’s bonafides to sell players to come here. Imho, it’d be coaching malpractice to not push and sell that information to recruits.

Exactly, the coaching staff hasn’t coached anyone that went to Tennessee, they can only tell the recruits who they coached, whether it be at Georgia, Alabama or where ever. That’s all the recruits care about, what can the coaches do to get them to the next level. Only a small percentage will come to Tennessee solely just because it’s Tennessee. Different time we live in. In 4 to 5 years, if we are winning in a big way, most wont care how we got here.

I fed ole Sluggo some of the wife's cooking. He laid down and started lickin his butt. She said what's he doing? I said gettin the taste out of his mouth.

You sleeping with the dog, or does the dog have better quarters now?

We definitely have some sensitive people on here who get their panties in a twist over some very silly little things. You don't think when Kirby Smart is recruiting that he doesn't also talk about the number of players he coached at Alabama who went on to play in the NFL? I bet he does. Who the hell cares about this?

I'd be mad if I were a former player now being used as fodder to promote against the team I played for.

They aren't mad because its stupid. It does exactly what SEC fans are saying it does, that is why they are laughing, no matter how many Pruitt sheep defend it. It is being mocked by many, that is a fact. Twelve serial posters can't change that.

They aren't mad because its stupid. It does exactly what SEC fans are saying it does, that is why they are laughing, no matter how many Pruitt sheep defend it. It is being mocked by many, that is a fact. Twelve serial posters can't change that.

This is one of the sensitive... David Cutcliffe frequently mentions that he coached the Manning brothers as a recruiting tool. Did either one of them play for Duke?

Idiot rivals on the internet will use anything they see to mock when you're not any good. Why should anyone here give a rat's a$$ about something so damn trivial? Jeez.

This is one of the sensitive... David Cutcliffe frequently mentions that he coached the Manning brothers as a recruiting tool. Did either one of them play for Duke?

Idiot rivals on the internet will use anything they see to mock when you're not any good. Why should anyone here give a rat's a$$ about something so damn trivial? Jeez.
Yep. If you're getting trolled, chances are you're allowing it to happen. And that's a "you" problem.

I'll take all the 1 st round talent we can get, thank you very much.

I’ve lurked and post every now and then, don’t really have the football knowledge that some on here do., but I am very passionate about Football. I’ve read a lot of post, some are really informative and some are just plain stupid and ignorant...This one is by far, the most useless and ignorant of them all, and by the way, I hung out in the Gruden thread for awhile, so that’s saying something.
I know. I do this all the time. People just keep posting even when it's an obvious troll job.

VN Store

Back