Coach JP

I think even if he doesn’t retire, we will still give them fits. I think Pruitt is a better coach than Kirby Smart. :hi:

I’ve got a friend who’s son dates a girl who’s friends with a guy who cousin is friends with a guy who’s dad knows a guy who said that Saban is taking the Giants job so you can take it to the bank he’s gone!

Reactions: 1 person
They are not children they are young adults, changing mindsets shouldn't last beyond spring practice.

So for the record, you’re expecting 8-9 wins in year 2 from a guy who was literally our 7th choice as head coach. Good luck with that. Maybe in year 3, but not as quick as you think. I would say probably 5-7 in year one, 7-5 in year two, 8-9 wins by year three.

Reactions: 2 people
So for the record, you’re expecting 8-9 wins in year 2 from a guy who was literally our 7th choice as head coach. Good luck with that. Maybe in year 3, but not as quick as you think. I would say probably 5-7 in year one, 7-5 in year two, 8-9 wins by year three.

So Butch Jones 2.0 is what you’re saying? I just want to be sure that’s what you’re saying.

Reactions: 4 people

So you are wanting JP to do as good as Butch?

No way to know but I have a feeling Fulmer being an OL DL guy made a fundamental hire based on his gut on what it takes to win. UGA and Bama will continue to be a force but I feel better about our position than UF which had an AD business man make their hire. Championships? Who knows, but think he will get us in the conversation in a few years.

Then he should have never been hired.

How so? I don’t know if Pruitt is honest or not. Just asking why you think honesty is subjective.

Butch was honest right up until he started losing.

In fact, Butch's integrity is what everyone here loved about him. Which is why the powers at be destroyed it when they did.

No one here knows Butch Jones or Jeremy Pruitt.

You never know someone if you only ever see the side of them they want you to see.

So you are wanting JP to do as good as Butch?

Are you aware that of our 3 biggest rivals, one just won a natty, one just played for a natty, and one hired a coach that is 1000xs more proven than JP? It’s going to be an uphill climb.

He wasn't our 7th choice. He was Coach Fulmer's 1st choice. C'mon fade (again)...you're a sharp poster. Stop this nonsense.

Anything prior to Coach Fulmer being appointed as the AD goes in the same sh*tcan as anything Hamilton or Hart did while they were here. For the first time in a long time, we've got an AD that is a lifelong, born and raised, been-there-done-that, dyed-in-the-wool VFL, Vol Legend, and a man who lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps UT Athletics. You could not, and can not, find anyone more loyal to UT than Coach Fulmer.

And he hired Coach Pruitt. His 1st choice (granted, as far as we know).

While I'm in the "wait and see" mode (thrice burned, thus shy), there's just something about this that tells me that UT is about to re-appear on the national stage. In a big way.

Maybe it was the video...

Go Vols.

No, he was in Fulmers top 3. Currie went a totally different and stupid route when trying to hire.

I hope Pruitt does great things at UT but I am one of those show me don't tell me kinda guys...I got all hyped up in the past about coaches and was always let down so with this one I am not going to get my hopes up...In fact I am expecting failure, I hate saying that but until I see that he can manage being a head coach and winning in the SEC then I'll become a believer...I've seen this movie all too many times and it hasn't ended well everytime...So hope for the best is about all I can do...Not really happy with the offense he is wanting to bring in because it is very outdated and predictable...Why does that sound familiar?...Hmm?

I hope Pruitt does great things at UT but I am one of those show me don't tell me kinda guys...I got all hyped up in the past about coaches and was always let down so with this one I am not going to get my hopes up...In fact I am expecting failure, I hate saying that but until I see that he can manage being a head coach and winning in the SEC then I'll become a believer...I've seen this movie all too many times and it hasn't ended well everytime...So hope for the best is about all I can do...Not really happy with the offense he is wanting to bring in because it is very outdated and predictable...Why does that sound familiar?...Hmm?

USC’s and Purdue’s offense? Never heard those adjectives.

Deja Vu. This is the 5th time I’ve seen this thread.

First time was when we hired Kiffin

Second time is when we hired Dooley

Third Time is when we hired Jones

Fourth Time when we hired Schiano

And Pruitt makes five

I am all in because when he talks its real and none of this car salesman stuff. Oh and when he talks he sounds like me....southern!! Nothin better than a good ole southern boy runnin the show!!

I think this is one of the top reasons people think he's a great hire. No more multi-level-marketing tripe at every press conference. Just the relief of that and the accent has fans pleased.

Now a great hire. Who the heck knows? Lose to UF Bama and UGA for 3 years and this place will be hating on "Bama JP" like usual.

Winning is all that matters at the end of the day. Saban used the word RESILIENCY 4 times in the first 10 minutes of the post Championship press conference Monday night. I don't hear any complaints from the toothless ones.

I noticed that not a single big time college football program was beating down Pruitt's door to hire him. Not getting in any hurry to anoint him great yet. But, nobody wanted Dabo in 09' either. Looked like Clemson had given up w that hire. Patience.

VN Store

Back