Coach JP

He wasn't our 7th choice. He was Coach Fulmer's 1st choice. C'mon fade (again)...you're a sharp poster. Stop this nonsense.

Anything prior to Coach Fulmer being appointed as the AD goes in the same sh*tcan as anything Hamilton or Hart did while they were here. For the first time in a long time, we've got an AD that is a lifelong, born and raised, been-there-done-that, dyed-in-the-wool VFL, Vol Legend, and a man who lives, breathes, eats, and sleeps UT Athletics. You could not, and can not, find anyone more loyal to UT than Coach Fulmer.

And he hired Coach Pruitt. His 1st choice (granted, as far as we know).

While I'm in the "wait and see" mode (thrice burned, thus shy), there's just something about this that tells me that UT is about to re-appear on the national stage. In a big way.

Maybe it was the video...

Go Vols.

Fulmer wanted Doren before Pruitt

I think this is one of the top reasons people think he's a great hire. No more multi-level-marketing tripe at every press conference. Just the relief of that and the accent has fans pleased.

Now a great hire. Who the heck knows? Lose to UF Bama and UGA for 3 years and this place will be hating on "Bama JP" like usual.

Winning is all that matters at the end of the day. Saban used the word RESILIENCY 4 times in the first 10 minutes of the post Championship press conference Monday night. I don't hear any complaints from the toothless ones.
Thank you for noting use of resiliency vs CBJ's and the constant VN carping about it and other terms as well. Coach's most all of them use some form of "coach speak" with Saban being one of the prime offenders. If Butch had been winning, few would have noticed or given a rats axx about it, like few in Tuscaloosa do this morning. "Aight" if Pruitt becomes a success will be embraced, if he bombs out it will be a form of ridicule.

CJP will coach his FIRST EVER game vs WVU this August. You might wanna slow your roll a bit on that.

He’s been the DC in how many playoff/championship games again?

I’m sure that’s a little bit different than a Mac championship with 12 people in attendance...

I hope Pruitt does great things at UT but I am one of those show me don't tell me kinda guys...I got all hyped up in the past about coaches and was always let down so with this one I am not going to get my hopes up...In fact I am expecting failure, I hate saying that but until I see that he can manage being a head coach and winning in the SEC then I'll become a believer...I've seen this movie all too many times and it hasn't ended well everytime...So hope for the best is about all I can do...Not really happy with the offense he is wanting to bring in because it is very outdated and predictable...Why does that sound familiar?...Hmm?

I feel similarly, I want Pruitt to be wildly successful, bring us Natty's and SEC Championships. But I'm not going to wait 5-6 years to see if he is capable of doing it and I'm not going to accept excuses for failure.

We'll know what kind of coach he is in year 1.

I feel similarly, I want Pruitt to be wildly successful, bring us Natty's and SEC Championships. But I'm not going to wait 5-6 years to see if he is capable of doing it and I'm not going to accept excuses for failure.

So, you have already started the next coaching search just in case?

Let's see, in 2019 we will be paying CBJ, CJP, probably something to Currie and maybe even something to Schiano and looking for a new homerun hire that we want to throw $10mil a year at. Yep, 2019 seems about right to make a fish our cut bait decision on Pruitt.....SAID NO ONE WITH TWO BRAIN CELLS EVER!

Reactions: 2 people
Anybody’s 7th pick should not be hired. But what choice did we have?

I think you’re looking at it the wrong way Fade. Pruitt wasn’t FULMER’S 7th choice, he was his first. The “search” under our previous AD was so nonsensical, so disheveled and unorganized, I don’t know how anybody can count what happened there as a part of the legit coaching search that Fulmer conducted.

And the fans’ ridiculous list of who they wanted (Gruden, Peterson, Stoops, Patterson and Gundy, et al) just doesnt count here....none of those guys were ever gonna consider coming to Tennessee, especially after how JC, Haslam and Davenport completely effed up the “first phase” of our search pre-Fulmer.

Just don’t think it’s fair at all to put the “7th choice” label on Pruitt here.

It's very nice of you to give Pruitt 1 whole year to get a total rebuild completed, LOL!

1 year is totally UNrealistic so you're either a Troll or you really know nothing about college football and what it takes to totally rebuild a program that's sitting on rock bottom now.

Watching so many of your negative and UNrealistic posts on here leads me to seriously believe that you're just a useless TROLL.

Go be a Troll elsewhere because here on VN we really don't like useless TROLLS kid!

To get us back to where we can compete against the power Teams will take us at least 3 or 4 top recruiting classes and even then 2 of our classes will be Sophs and true freshmen and we'll still be building good players for solid depth like Ga, Bama and the other top power teams already have.

Get realistic and stop Trolling kid.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
It's very nice of you to give Pruitt 1 whole year to get a total rebuild completed, LOL!

1 year is totally UNrealistic so you're either a Troll or you really know nothing about college football and what it takes to totally rebuild a program that's sitting on rock bottom now.

Watching so many of your negative and UNrealistic posts on here leads me to seriously believe that you're just a useless TROLL.

Go be a Troll elsewhere because here on VN we really don't like useless TROLLS kid!

To get us back to where we can compete against the power Teams will take us at least 3 or 4 top recruiting classes and even then 2 of our classes will be Sophs and true freshmen and we'll still be building good players for solid depth like Ga, Bama and the other top power teams already have.

VFL...GBO!!!

Hog is a lot of things, but a kid isn't one of them.

He's a cranky old fart.

Deja Vu. This is the 5th time I’ve seen this thread.

First time was when we hired Kiffin

Second time is when we hired Dooley

Third Time is when we hired Jones

Fourth Time when we hired Schiano

And Pruitt makes five

Care to point to where folks were saying Schiano was a good hire?

So, you have already started the next coaching search just in case?

Let's see, in 2019 we will be paying CBJ, CJP, probably something to Currie and maybe even something to Schiano and looking for a new homerun hire that we want to throw $10mil a year at. Yep, 2019 seems about right to make a fish our cut bait decision on Pruitt.....SAID NO ONE WITH TWO BRAIN CELLS EVER!

Keep accepting failure and guess what? You'll be a failure.

Yeah, I know in reality he's getting 4-5 years regardless of his record. Hopefully one day universities will wake up as a whole and stop guaranteeing these contracts.

VFL...GBO!!!

If you can't watch a football team and tell if they are well coached or not, you know nothing about football.

If we are still consistently missing tackles, assignments, blocks, reads and generally looking confused after the first 7-8 games, Pruitt and staff are not the answer. Appalachia State cannot compete in the SEC due to talent yet they are a well coached team.

Keep accepting failure and guess what? You'll be a failure.

Yeah, I know in reality he's getting 4-5 years regardless of his record. Hopefully one day universities will wake up as a whole and stop guaranteeing these contracts.

It's not accepting it, it is understanding that there is a certain amount of time that a coach has to stay such that we don't wind up with 2 or 3 coaches costing 10-15 mil per year not including the current coach.

It's not accepting it, it is understanding that there is a certain amount of time that a coach has to stay such that we don't wind up with 2 or 3 coaches costing 10-15 mil per year not including the current coach.

Look CBJ could recruit but he and staff couldn't coach, we knew this midway through his second season. Just performance alone he should have been gone after his 3rd and absolutely after his 4th. Yet the reality of the finances kept him around for a 5th and almost a 6th.

If you can't watch a football team and tell if they are well coached or not, you know nothing about football.

If we are still consistently missing tackles, assignments, blocks, reads and generally looking confused after the first 7-8 games, Pruitt and staff are not the answer. Appalachia State cannot compete in the SEC due to talent yet they are a well coached team.

I can watch and see and evaluate all those things too.

You trying to give Pruitt and staff only 1 year to prove they're good coaches is totally UNrealistic.

Maybe if we had a proven QB and a good O line with solid depth 1 year might tell us much better but our O line and depth sucks and nobody has any clue who our QB will be.

Same problems with our D line unfortunately.

You can't fix all the problems we have with 1 recruiting class and all smart people know that.

What Pruitt and his short staff did in just 12 days was almost a serious miracle to go from a recruiting ranking of almost 60th to now being ranked at 16th.

I still think we'll end up with a top 10 class and that should be considered as a miracle if he can pull that off.

It's time to be patient for a few years and let this total rebuild evolve.

I totally hate having to be a patient man but it is what it is.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back