Coach JP

Just W-L record. He needs to be at a minimum:

Year 1 - 7-6 (6-6 if he is competitive against GA and AL and doesn't lose to KY or Vandy)
Year 2 - 9-3
Year 3, 4, 5 - 9 win minimum in each with at least 1 10 win season and an SEC championship.
I could go with this scale, but if he only wins 6 this year, 7 will be absolutely unacceptable next year.

Last edited:
Yes there will be. We were winless in the SEC for the first time in history. The entire culture needs to be revamped. You don’t do that in year 1, especially the way virtually every other team in the East is improving at a time when we have been regressing.
Nope. It's called 'buy in' and that's why he's paid the big bucks. He has the rings and all that crap and a stable full of high octane coaches to back him up.

So for the record, you’re expecting 8-9 wins in year 2 from a guy who was literally our 7th choice as head coach. Good luck with that. Maybe in year 3, but not as quick as you think. I would say probably 5-7 in year one, 7-5 in year two, 8-9 wins by year three.
So you're saying he is not the stud coach most people on here are saying? Help me out here.

I don’t think Clawson would have been retained. Fulmer stripped him of duties a few games in.

He's done reasonably well at the programs he's been a HC at, generally improving the teams year after year. But other than UT, he's never been at a "big name football" school and hasn't ever contended for the championship game.

He's done reasonably well at the programs he's been a HC at, generally improving the teams year after year. But other than UT, he's never been at a "big name football" school and hasn't ever contended for the championship game.

You force me to agree with you again my friend.

I think by year 2 Clawson would have gotten things running well if Fulmer would have left him alone so he could run things his own way.

Sometimes a HC needs to just let their Coordinators run their side of the ball and leave things alone.

VFL...GBO!!!

This is supposed to be a Pruitt thread and all I see is talk about crap years ago. It's hard to even come here for any good insight and relevant talk anymore when folks on here live in the past or come on here to tell people to not have any high expectations. I don't know why some on here even follow UT as much as they low expectation everything and focus on misery. GBO!

Reactions: 3 people
This is supposed to be a Pruitt thread and all I see is talk about crap years ago. It's hard to even come here for any good insight and relevant talk anymore when folks on here live in the past or come on here to tell people to not have any high expectations. I don't know why some on here even follow UT as much as they low expectation everything and focus on misery. GBO!

Misery is their claim to fame. Its what they live for.

Reactions: 1 person
I never thought much of bammers, except in the area of college football. Their fans seem to have an unusually high appreciation and respect for the game. They might never say it, but they know Tennessee is part of the history of Alabama football, which they value. Our history would not be the same without playing the bammers, and their history would not be the same without playing us. That might seem like a silly thing to say, but it is true. This past year I spent some time traveling in Alabama, something which I had avoided over the years. I realized that the bammers are human beings not too unlike us Tennesseans. Many bammers I met seemed like good folks. I'd say most were just regular and mostly decent. Having a bammer for a coach might mean we don't hate on them quite as much. Personally, I like Coach Pruitt as our Head Coach and hope he feels at home in Tennessee.

I never thought much of bammers, except in the area of college football. Their fans seem to have an unusually high appreciation and respect for the game. They might never say it, but they know Tennessee is part of the history of Alabama football, which they value. Our history would not be the same without playing the bammers, and their history would not be the same without playing us. That might seem like a silly thing to say, but it is true. This past year I spent some time traveling in Alabama, something which I had avoided over the years. I realized that the bammers are human beings not too unlike us Tennesseans. Many bammers I met seemed like good folks. I'd say most were just regular and mostly decent. Having a bammer for a coach might mean we don't hate on them quite as much. Personally, I like Coach Pruitt as our Head Coach and hope he feels at home in Tennessee.

Good post and I’m not trying to steal your shine here, but our coach is no longer a Bammer. He chose to be Vol now and I am indeed thankful for that.

So for the record, you’re expecting 8-9 wins in year 2 from a guy who was literally our 7th choice as head coach. Good luck with that. Maybe in year 3, but not as quick as you think. I would say probably 5-7 in year one, 7-5 in year two, 8-9 wins by year three.

He might have originally been 7th, but he is performing like he should have been in the top 2. Quality staff and recruiting great considering situation.

Reactions: 1 person
He might have originally been 7th, but he is performing like he should have been in the top 2. Quality staff and recruiting great considering situation.

Thank goodness he wasn't our first choice. Geez. I'll take Pruitt as the 7th choice over Shiano as the first choice. 😜

(I was replying to the person you quoted, I agree with you. I just don't know how to double quote from my phone.)

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back