Your thoughts on LSU

I'm wondering why Neyland Stadium has never been used as a Bowl. With all that there is to do in that area the teams could stay busy. It could be called the Smoky Mountain Bowl and try to get Dolly to help sponsor it.

You mean BIG UN'S BOWL?

I moved away from the area just over a year ago but I come back frequently to visit family. Every time I come up (from Northwest Georgia) it looks as though a new hotel is being built near Turkey Creek or near West Town mall.

I don't think the lack of hotel space is much of an excuse anymore. The issue is that Knoxville, particularly the downtown area, is boring. Especially compared to Nashville and Chattanooga.

Let’s be honest here. I’m in East Tennessee and I love the area. But as a collegiate athlete this is about the last place I’d want to end up for a bowl game. The weather would most likely suck. There really isn’t that much to do unless you head on over to redneck heaven in pigeon forge. Even that’s just a tourist trap of mini golf, go carts, and a stay at uncle ricks cabin. Everyone curses the music city bowl. And a bowl here would be even worse in my opinion.

Let’s be honest here. I’m in East Tennessee and I love the area. But as a collegiate athlete this is about the last place I’d want to end up for a bowl game. The weather would most likely suck. There really isn’t that much to do unless you head on over to redneck heaven in pigeon forge. Even that’s just a tourist trap of mini golf, go carts, and a stay at uncle ricks cabin. Everyone curses the music city bowl. And a bowl here would be even worse in my opinion.
it’s true. And that’s not a knock on Knoxville. There aren’t very many college towns that are going to be able to pull it off.

Bowl games originally started to generate tourism during what is typically the slowest vacation time of the year. With the Smokey mountains being the most visited national park it's actually not a bad tie-in. Although it would likelt be a lower tier bowl like Shreveport, mobile or Boise.

Don't know how sustainable it is. They'll be good for awhile longer but they went 40 years from Dietzel to Saban without having many seasons to celebrate.

Yes. LSU is loaded. Unfortunately for them Clemson beats them easily.

Wow ! This aged like milk. Not sure what you watched this season to have thought this. LSU has looked like the best team in College Football pretty much all season long, they played the best competition of any team in the playoff and nobody ever really even slowed them down much. I like Clemson, but they just weren't a match for Burrow and LSUs WRs.

Clemson is a 2 loss team if they had played LSU's schedule....just like OSU....or any other team....out there.....

LSU played Florida, Auburn, and Alabubba in 5 weeks...then UGA....

Clemson, OSU, OK, all have 2 losses if they attempt to play that schedule

It was a JOKE for those pollsters to have Auburn and Bama ranked outside the top 10....a TRUE JOKE!
And that's why I'm a SEC homer....because that same crap will happen to us every time those pollsters get a chance in the future.

And LSU's season was a PERFECT STORM....

There was no doubt that LSU had a better team....

Clemson's Venables had to roll the dice all night long in order to try and stop LSU's offense....
They sold out blitzing every time LSU went empty in an attempt to stop LSU...and it worked sometimes....
But Venables knew he had to do that or give up 50....

I couldn't believe it took LSU's OC so long to throw the screen for a big play and to run #2 on the slants in behind the LBs in response to Clem's blitzes.

Clemson knew they couldn't cover all those weapons for 4 quarters....without selling out in an all or nothing approach.

But I don't think LSU will dominate the West next year....I look for Auburn or Bama to win the West next year....with aTm in the running.

GO VOLS!

VN Store

Back