Your thoughts on LSU

Yes. LSU is loaded. Unfortunately for them Clemson beats them easily.
Easily? I don't know about that. I'm interested in seeing if Clemson can get pressure on Burrow without having to blitz. If the answer is no, then this will be a shootout. I can see it going either way.

How is LSUs defense going to deal with Clemsons offense when a really good OSU defense couldn’t?

How is Clemson’s defense going to handle a much more explosive offense in LSU compared to what they faced in Ohio State? It is a two-way street and that is just my opinion. It would not shock me one bit if Clemson won because they are a great team. My opinion is based on the schedules that both teams have played, and LSU’s is more impressive & tougher. Clemson has a tough schedule too, but it is not on the same level as LSU’s. To answer your question, I believe LSU will outscore Clemson.

Last edited:
I think LSU wins tonite but Clemson will be back in the playoff and probaly championship game next year and LSU won’t.
Well, sure. I doubt their schedule next year is much tougher than this year's. Half the teams in the top twenty could go undefeated against that crap. Unfortunately for most of them, they play in real conferences.

We're basically back to where we were in the sixties. In other words, teams getting into the national championship picture by playing no one and depending on a bunch of bureaucrats and journalists to vote them in.

We've come full circle.

Clemson has one hope: that LSU is so beat up by their SEC schedule (while Clemson is shiny new from their season of cupcakes) that it could make a difference.

I don't think it will, but it's their only hope.
That may have been a factor if they had played right after the end of the season, but not at this point. These teams have only played one game in the last 5 weeks. They should both be fresh as daisies. If anything, we may even see some signs of rust tonight.

One question though if Clemson were to blow out LSU tonite like Bama last year. Would you consider them a dynasty and would Dabo be the best coach in the college game now including Saban ?

Speaking of cupcakes, I hope LSU serves Clemson a whole tray of shutthefucupcakes at tonight's game. Not a fan of the wrong orange and purple.
THIS!!!!

Clemson needs to have a dosage of humility. They've been impacting our recruiting negatively and need to be toned down several notches.

How is LSUs defense going to deal with Clemsons offense when a really good OSU defense couldn’t?

LSU's defense down the stretch was a top 10 defense, overall, one spot higher than Auburn for the season total defense #29. What was happening is LSU's defense wasn't finishing the games, so teams were racking up huge yardage and scores in the second half of games... that kind came to an end after Ole Miss.

Arkansas 56-20 (half score 28-6): Total Yards 304, No Turnovers
Texas A&M 50-7 (half score 31-0): Total Yards 169, 3 Turnovers
Georgia 37-10 (half score 17-3): Total Yards 286, 2 Turnovers
Oklahoma 63-28 (half score 49-14): Total Yards 322, 1 Turnover

Last four games 16.25pts a game, 270 yards a game, and 1.5 turnovers a game.... this would rank somewhere around top 5 in the NCAA and generally against good competition.

Oklahoma was one spot behind Clemson in total offense in the NCAA this year. Its not even about yards or scores, if a team goes 3 and out a few times in the first half, its over by the middle of second quarter. I would say this hasn't been one of LSU's stronger defenses, but down the stretch.... not sure which defense has played better and doing so with huge leads.

Not saying Clemson can't move the ball on LSU, and certainly not saying they can't beat them but.... the defense has been playing some good ball at the end here, imo. The key is no 3 and outs for Clemson... they go 3 and out 2-3 times in the first half... chances are it will be a blow out..... 3 and outs are killer... LSU defense just needs a few stops.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Just wanted to take the board's temperature regarding LSU's long-term outlook. Am I the only one who kind of thinks that they will be a perpetual nine to ten win team after Burrow leaves? Now that's not bad for playing in the SECw, but I just don't think Orgeron is an elite coach. When his coordinators inevitably get poached, I think they will regress rapidly.

I'm wondering why Neyland Stadium has never been used as a Bowl. With all that there is to do in that area the teams could stay busy. It could be called the Smoky Mountain Bowl and try to get Dolly to help sponsor it.

I've wondered the same in the past. I assume because it's such a large venue, and would be unlikely to be near sellout.

I always heard it was something to do with the number of hotels in the host town vs the number of seats in the host stadium.

Not sure if it’s true or not, but that supposedly keeps us from having a bowl. We don’t have the hotels to accommodate a sold out stadium.

I always heard it was something to do with the number of hotels in the host town vs the number of seats in the host stadium.

Not sure if it’s true or not, but that supposedly keeps us from having a bowl. We don’t have the hotels to accommodate a sold out stadium.
Makes sense, of course as close as Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are, they could make up the difference.

Makes sense, of course as close as Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge are, they could make up the difference.
a bowl game is a vacation with a ball game in the middle. Gatlinburg and PF are great destination draws but damn, that's a haul getting to the game. Would be like staying in Mufreesboro or Lebanon to go to the MCB

a bowl game is a vacation with a ball game in the middle. Gatlinburg and PF are great destination draws but damn, that's a haul getting to the game. Would be like staying in Mufreesboro or Lebanon to go to the MCB
You realize the Burg and PF get booked like crazy on IT home game weekends??

Reactions: orangetitanfan
I'm wondering why Neyland Stadium has never been used as a Bowl. With all that there is to do in that area the teams could stay busy. It could be called the Smoky Mountain Bowl and try to get Dolly to help sponsor it.

I've wondered the same in the past. I assume because it's such a large venue, and would be unlikely to be near sellout.
Couldn’t sell booze.
This makes the most sense. What bowl games do we know of that haven't been able to sell booze for many years?

VN Store

Back