Your thoughts on LSU

CrybabyVol

Just wanted to take the board's temperature regarding LSU's long-term outlook. Am I the only one who kind of thinks that they will be a perpetual nine to ten win team after Burrow leaves? Now that's not bad for playing in the SECw, but I just don't think Orgeron is an elite coach. When his coordinators inevitably get poached, I think they will regress rapidly.

Possible, but the place recruits itself. It would make you or I look pretty good. Add any up and coming oc/dc and you’re likely in the playoffs.

Reactions: Zues1
LSU will beat Clemson in a shootout 45-42 and I think LSU still goes 11-1 and wins the SECCG without Joe Burrow in 2020.

Just wanted to take the board's temperature regarding LSU's long-term outlook. Am I the only one who kind of thinks that they will be a perpetual nine to ten win team after Burrow leaves? Now that's not bad for playing in the SECw, but I just don't think Orgeron is an elite coach. When his coordinators inevitably get poached, I think they will regress rapidly.
Depends on if Brady leaves or not. Their offense got exponentially better with him and I’m not sure if Ensminger can sustain that success. They’ll always recruit well with Orgeron and lack of competition in Louisiana. If the offense crashes with Brady’s departure they could possibly run into issues recruiting nationally, though UGA hasn’t seemed to face issues with their bad offense.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I read today that Matt Rhule is looking at Joe Brady as a possible OC for the Carolina Panthers.

Not if they kept their coordinators. I love coach O’s plan. Take less money and hire the absolute best OC and DC you can find.

Not if they kept their coordinators. I love coach O’s plan. Take less money and hire the absolute best OC and DC you can find.

Trust me. It's no coach's plan to take less money. LSU hired him on the cheap, because they could. They will give him a ridiculous extension this off season. I believe they will eventually regret it.

People are usually not as good as people say, and normally they're not as bad as people say. I thought the Cookie Monster was the right choice in 2016 considering the state of college football, salaries, and LSU's program at the time and I stated it here - still feel that way today.... that doesn't mean I think LSU will be playing in the NC game every year. The issue with asking their thoughts on the situation here, is the vast majority of people that made comments back in the day, weren't kind of wrong on the Cookie Monster... they were COMPLETELY wrong and most will never face up to their horrible calls... so why does anyone care what the next horrible call is?

I think what is scary about LSU right now is they are still playing with ragtime personnel, many pieces Coach O put together are of pieces that many didn't really want i.e. probably would have never gotten committable offers from Alabama or Clemson for instance (Moss, Clyde, Burrow, Jefferson, lots of guys on the OL).... some Juco hits, some transfer hits, some moving personnel to different positions.... that doesn't mean that LSU is without a few stars but its definitely team ball. What Coach O has done to the OL is just damn straight crazy, from one of the worst groups I've seen at LSU to one of the best groups I have seen at any school.

It would be nice if they can close the season out tonight, either way the program to me is still in an upward trend... not at the top of the mountain due to some personnel issues but I would not be surprised by a coming to Earth next season to a degree.... defense will be better, offense will be worse.

Yes. LSU is loaded. Unfortunately for them Clemson beats them easily.
Damn... I just don't see this happening. IMO LSU had one of the hardest schedules in the country and are still undefeated and Clemson plays in the ACC... Yeah that's an argument every year about conferences, but the ACC really sucks this year.

I also think this is one of the best teams to ever come out of the SEC into a national championship team. Bash me if you want, but if both teams play as good as the best game they've had all year, LSU still wins by 2 touchdowns.

Damn... I just don't see this happening. IMO LSU had one of the hardest schedules in the country and are still undefeated and Clemson plays in the ACC... Yeah that's an argument every year about conferences, but the ACC really sucks this year.

I also think this is one of the best teams to ever come out of the SEC into a national championship team. Bash me if you want, but if both teams play as good as the best game they've had all year, LSU still wins by 2 touchdowns.

Good points but Bama hung what? 41 on LSU. And One could argue that TL is close if not just as good as Tua. Now I do think Bama has the better overall WRs but Clemson is the better balanced team.

We shall see. It’s gonna be a hell of a game either way.

What will determine LSU's continued success is how Coach O deals with turnover on his staff. Brady is definitely going to head elsewhere eventually, as is Aranda probably.

IF both teams bring their A game, LSU wins by multiple TDs.
Clemson has one hope: that LSU is so beat up by their SEC schedule (while Clemson is shiny new from their season of cupcakes) that it could make a difference.

I don't think it will, but it's their only hope.

Reactions: 08Vol
Clemson has one hope: that LSU is so beat up by their SEC schedule (while Clemson is shiny new from their season of cupcakes) that it could make a difference.

I don't think it will, but it's their only hope.

Speaking of cupcakes, I hope LSU serves Clemson a whole tray of shutthefucupcakes at tonight's game. Not a fan of the wrong orange and purple.

VN Store

Back