Worst single play

look at these goofballs. just look at them. these Golem impersonators handed you your own *******. Freak me.

Attachments

• DA9E0ACE-C069-4C47-BDD4-83F2C73ADFAE.jpeg
    DA9E0ACE-C069-4C47-BDD4-83F2C73ADFAE.jpeg
    593.6 KB · Views: 14
2015 Florida game. We have them like 4th and 16 all we have to do is hold them and we win. Nope they score a td on a 4th and 16. play. That play still sticks with me. The swamp drought ends if we come up with that one stop..
That one seriously hurt. I angrily slammed a door in my house and the knob punched a hole in the drywall. Very uncharacteristic for me. My girlfriend at the time comes up stairs and has a meltdown assuming I had placed money on the game (something i've never done and never will for any sport). She refused to believe I had gotten that angry over the game. Oddly we had lived together four years at that point. She was well aware of my passion for the Orange and White.

Y
That one seriously hurt. I angrily slammed a door in my house and the knob punched a hole in the drywall. Very uncharacteristic for me. My girlfriend at the time comes up stairs and has a meltdown assuming I had placed money on the game (something i've never done and never will for any sport). She refused to believe I had gotten that angry over the game. Oddly we had lived together four years at that point. She was well aware of my passion for the Orange and White.
Yeah I came home from work just walked In turned the t.v on see the score and the down. Still in my filthy work clothes standing in living room trying not to touch anything lol. Thinking hell yeah this is it we got these guys right where we want them. Simple catch just get him down...nope. I was in disbelief I stood in living room like the Tennessee fans in the swamp just like wth..

Reactions: amaralfan1
Blocked FG in 09 against Bama was definitely the maddest I've ever been about a football game in my life.

13 men on the field is up there... But the apathy had already started to set in by that point lol. By the time we reached the Butch years there was a hard limit on how pissed I could get.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
That 13 men on the field penalty against LSU under Dooley almost brought my two brothers and I to blows, so I’m rolling with that one.

The mount Cody blocked field goal was hard to swallow, too.

Reactions: bamawriter
If I'm not mistaken, it was against LSU and he was benched for Rick Clausen. Pretty sure Clausen came in and led the comeback victory for us. I even think Clausen had some ties to LSU and it made the comeback even better. if I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

I believe you are right. I remember that now. I believe Rick transferred from LSU to us, making the W even sweeter.

Reactions: O.G.HomeGrownUTVOL
I believe you are right. I remember that now. I believe Rick transferred from LSU to us, making the W even sweeter.

That night a friend of mine came up to watch the game with me and he was one of those obnoxious gator fans. You know the type, the kind of "fan" that might be lucky to know the QB's name and no one else on their "Favorite" team. Even though it was LSU he would pull for them just to go against UT. Well he left sometime in the first half after giving me absolute hell. He showed back up right after the game was over not having a clue we came back and scored like 23 unanswered points I think to secure the comeback. Needless to say the next couple of hours were pretty fun to be a Vol fan. GBO!!!!!

That 13 men on the field penalty against LSU under Dooley almost brought my two brothers and I to blows, so I’m rolling with that one.

The mount Cody blocked field goal was hard to swallow, too.

That play forever ended Chuck Smith’s football coaching!

Dooley running the 5-4-4 defense against LSU might be mine.

Other choices:
- Shotgun snap over R Neals head when we were going to score vs KY in 2011
- J Jackson’s targeting penalty to stop the clock in the Music City Bowl
- 4th and 13 at the swamp in 2015
- Butch going for 1 in the same game
- Dobbs checking down to Kamara on 4th down vs
Vandy in 2016

Otherwise, there are numerous bad plays by JG that come to mind.

Also Mnt Cody blocking that second field goal attempt....really how do you allow that AGAIN...we were clearly the better team that day

Vols had the ball on 27 with 44 seconds to go, 2nd down. Kiffin let the clock run down and Crompton spiked the ball for the FG attempt. Why not pass the ball at least once or even run the ball again and then spike it to try to improve field position or maybe even get a TD. Stupid coaching on Kiffin's part.

Not sure if it the worst, but should be up there.
[VIDEO=]

This play for me is the worst, that and the parting of the seas, where all of our defenders had their backs turned to the line of scrimmage, a little dump pass turns into an 80yd Gator Td right down the middle of the field, sad.

VN Store

Back