Worst single play

It’s hard to pick just one…

Hobnail boot.
1996 Memphis kick return.
Pig fumble.
Gaffney no catch.
Mount Cody.

1984:
Last throw to the west sideline versus KY as the clock hits 0:00.
At Auburn… T Rob being tripped at the goal line on 4th down.

1990:
Notre Dame in Knoxville… game ending INT.
Bama 9-6 holy roller blocked kick.
Colorado… Webb running out of bounds a second too late.

Notre Dame Ainge getting crushed just before the half.

Butch going for 1 at TX A&M. <- probably this one or Bama 9-6 above.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Wow, you guys/gals love to be miserable. Ok, I will play, how about the last play of the 2010 Music City bowl where NC runs too many men on the field and still somehow is allowed to win that game.

This thread has a real Vanderbilt feel about. Has it come to that? Please say it ain’t so.

These threads are incredibly depressing...but maybe reliving and talking it out helps somehow?

To fill the off season, a little, what is your least favorite single play from the past three decades or so? Was it the shotgun play call by Butch on the goal-line against Fla or maybe JG’s goal-line fumble against Bama? Was it one of the sweep calls for Jamal Lewis against Nebraska or Fla?

There are others, I’m sure, so what is your least favorite? Mine has to be the punt return for Arkansas during the Dooley era.
LSU 13 men and NC bowl game where they intentionally were penalized to stop the clock and kick the field goal. Refs really blew this game by not ending the game and they initially signaled.

Reactions: VolsnRavens
Cory Anderson fumbling the ball through the end zone from the 3 in the '05 Bama game. We lost 6-3 though i think it might have been vacated by them by now

Reactions: 05_never_again
You’re right! I’m confusing that play in the 2007 game and the 2001 SECCG when we lost to LSU in Saban’s 2nd year.

It’s hell getting old. 🤣
My dad always gets those games mixed up haha. It’s tough being a Tennessee fan we clone our monumental heartbreaks

Reactions: CA_Vol

VN Store

Back