Worst football program in the state?

GVF

Absolut Orange
My daughter goes to school there. They lack confidence more than talent. The other HS in Crossville (Stone Memorial) has had undefeated regular seasons with similar talent.

RBS or Pickett County are easily the historically worst programs in the state. Both are small Basketball schools with very few players (15-20)
We play both. I give RBS credit for grit though. you can be up 40-0 in Q1 and they won't lay down.

Are Rutherford and Blount Counties really for “backwater and poor people”?
can't speak for Rutherford. But as to Blount? On a percentage basis, I think that has improved somewhat. But in Blount as to HS sport power, there are actually three school systems: Blount County, Maryville City, and Alcoa City. Each city has one HS, and the county has two, Heritage and William Blount. I am unsure of the number of middle schools that feed those 4 HS, but you can look it up. And if a good athlete from the county schools ends up at Maryville or Alcoa? I am pretty sure there has been plenty of that.

ArdentVol

Both Maryville and Alcoa were strong in late 60s. Tornadoes had a great bball team that could play with anybody. Went to Knoxville West, which seemed to be at bottom of heap at time. Oddly, Catholic was a small program.I hink Webb's program was in its first 10 years

VN Store

Sponsors