Will Solomon be eligible?

Will Solomon and/or Gibbs be eligible this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if UT can ask the NCAA to give a decision either before fall practice begins or before the first game.
Or does the NCAA not look at any deadlines and just makes rulings whenever they want.

Do you all think he will play this season?
I don’t think he will. The NCAA let the OSUs and Miami’s of the world benefit from quasi-free agency and now are looking to shut the door on other teams. While I think it’s the right decision, it’s bs to change the policy midstream. They should have done so after the season since they had already allowed multiple transfers that were clearly motivated by playing time, not actual hardships.

I think if he was going to be cleared we would have known by now. Obviously, the long waiting games have not been in our favor in the past.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
I don’t think he will. The NCAA let the OSUs and Miami’s of the world benefit from quasi-free agency and now are looking to shut the door on other teams. While I think it’s the right decision, it’s bs to change the policy midstream. They should have done so after the season since they had already allowed multiple transfers that were clearly motivated by playing time, not actual hardships.
Or maybe there is something about Solomon's case that makes it a more complex decision. Prima facie evidence for this is that he ended up trying to play for TN and not a better program, none of which felt his talent/irritation ratio was worth the trouble.

Evidently arr (our) boosters haven't done their job with the NCAA Clearinghouse like bama, auburn, ole miss, georgia and florida boosters who are much more proficient at greasing the palms.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Look at the big picture:

The AA rushed judgement and allowed a transfer that shouldn’t have been granted to begin with. Months later they realize this and hire a man who’s sole job is to over see Transfers and such.

Forget about it. It’s not happening.

Reactions: tennvols77
I have a question who monitors the NCAA. They catch schools paying players who monitors rather or not they get paid?

Not sure why the NCAA is dragging its feet, but Soloman should be eligible to play this season. Not a given obviously, but the NCAA has approved players for less... especially recently.

If he is ruled eligible, then he will play a lot for the VOLS this season. A healthy Soloman would be our best DL imo.

VN Store

Back