Will Solomon be eligible?

Will Solomon and/or Gibbs be eligible this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a hunch that we get news today that he’s ineligible. A bury the story type of deal from the NCAA headed into the weekend before camp.

Not that it means anything, but, Soloman is first on the list for DT in the appeal process https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/TransferPortal/
A quick look at that list and it is really obvious what is going on. It's categorized by position and by star ranking within position. The highest-rated players at each position, especially the skill positions, mostly were granted immediate eligibility. The less skilled guys, or guys at less glamorous positions, either are sitting out a year or the "eligible" column is blank (which I assume means they didn't appeal and are just sitting out a year).

Bureaucracies move slowly and unfairly. Much like the govt. If you are favored by them you get fast and favorable action. If not, you take what crumbs you are dealt. You have no say so over them. You can't vote them in or out and you can't hire and fire them.

I have a hunch that we get news today that he’s ineligible. A bury the story type of deal from the NCAA headed into the weekend before camp.

That's the way Obozo was, he would always release bad news on Friday afternoon so it wouldn't get any coverage and be old news by Monday.

We should practice under the assumption he is not playing this year, If he does, then Bonus, but I hope the Dline isn’t hanging their hopes on him playing. One man don’t make a team, with that said, we need our 2 deep on the Dline to be ready to play as we know, you need a 2 deep if not a 3 deep to be ready for the SEC on the Dline.

Or maybe there is something about Solomon's case that makes it a more complex decision. Prima facie evidence for this is that he ended up trying to play for TN and not a better program, none of which felt his talent/irritation ratio was worth the trouble.

Prima facie evidence? It's a transfer request, not a murder trial!

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
The article says Solomon and Gibbs are both pending appeal. So they've appealed the original decision, which was obviously a big freakin' NO. The NCAA will get to their appeals in their own good time. I have written them off, for this season.

Reactions: CAVPUT and onevol74
The article says Solomon and Gibbs are both pending appeal. So they've appealed the original decision, which was obviously a big freakin' NO. The NCAA will get to their appeals in their own good time. I have written them off, for this season.

Is this correct? Feel like it would have leaked if they got a no.

VN Store

Back