Why not Mike Leach?

Leach's teams are fun to watch but the SEC would send him over the edge. He needs to be out of the NCAA limelight and sort of the quirky uncle that visits once a year. There are serious reasons why no bigtime program with booster duties, etc. has seriously considered Mike Leach.

Seriously wrong reasons, imo. I be happy if UT hires Mike Leach.

Reactions: 1 person
Chris Petersen made Boise freaking State (you know, a program in Idaho??) a power from absolutely nothing. It’s called great coaching, recruiting, and personnel evaluation. That is the caliber of coach we should expect here.
Yeah, that's great. He also did it at a G5 program where he's not having to game plan week in and week out against more powerful teams. Go look at Nick Saban at MSU, Les Miles at Okie State - THAT is the reality for great coaches at weak P5 programs (and even they were positioned at much better programs than Leach).

So I'll ask you yet again since you keep dodging the question: Why is it so hard to understand that some P5 programs are harder to win at than others?

I'll ask you again since you missed it the first time. Why is it so hard to understand that some P5 programs are harder to win at than others? 8-4 is not an equal coaching effort at every single program.

You think it was easy for Petersen to win and keep wining at Boise ST?

Great coach > good coach

I'm sorry. You're saying that even though he's taken a bad team and lead them to wins over much better teams this season... he can't take a much better team and lead them to wins over even better teams?

What kind of stupid @$$ logic is that?

I'm sorry, he's not good enough to win a sec championship. If you want him to coach at Tennessee than you are in the minority.

Chris Petersen made Boise freaking State (you know, a program in Idaho??) a power from absolutely nothing. It’s called great coaching, recruiting, and personnel evaluation. That is the caliber of coach we should expect here.

I'm not denying that Petersen is a great coach but let's not act like he didn't inherit a good team. Dan Hawkins (BSU's coach prior to Petersen) went 53-11, 4 conference titles, and 2-2 in bowl games. Just to prove my point again, Dirk Koetter had two 10 win seasons out of three, won back to back conference titles, and two straight bowl games.

I'm not denying that Petersen is a great coach but let's not act like he didn't inherit a good team. Dan Hawkins (BSU's coach prior to Petersen) went 53-11, 4 conference titles, and 2-2 in bowl games. Just to prove my point again, Dirk Koetter had two 10 win seasons out of three, won back to back conference titles, and two straight bowl games.

Petersen was Hawkins OC for that time.

I'm sorry, he's not good enough to win a sec championship. If you want him to coach at Tennessee than you are in the minority.

That is your opinion. Who isn't a minority choice at this point? It serves no good purpose to carry on and on about coaches that any person with half a brain knows will not be signed.

I’m sorry, anyone who says mike leach is anything less than a genius after taking two Perennial bottom feeders to elite status is just plain dumb

There's no denying Leach is a good coach. I just don't see him being a good fit here...kind of like Kevin O'Neill was with the basketball program.

That is your opinion. Who isn't a minority choice at this point? It serves no good purpose to carry on and on about coaches that any person with half a brain knows will not be signed.

No one knows who's going to be signed. Anyone you think is unrealistic is just your opinion.

Mike Leach is a good coach. However his shtick won’t play well in a fishbowl like Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, or Gainesville. He’s perfectly suited for a lubbock Texas or Pullman, Washington.

VN Store

Back