Who is your most UNDER appreciated Vol

Yes, the year he had 591 yards was in Buffalo. He also had a 68 yard TD run one year in Buffalo and a 77 yard TD run in Detroit. Yes, I had to look it up. Still, not bad for FB on a team that had 2 RBs( Jamal Lewis and Travis Henry ) that had multiple 1000+ yard seasons in the NFL, each

He had much to do with the yards those guys got at UTK.

Last edited:
It's probably Arian Foster, right? He was a very good Vol who played the most physically demanding position with lots of carries and many fans hate him for a couple fumbles and his personality.

It's probably Arian Foster, right? He was a very good Vol who played the most physically demanding position with lots of carries and many fans hate him for a couple fumbles and his personality.

I don't dislike Arian Foster, but I can understand why people have reservations towards him. The main problem I have with him is admitting that he took extra benefits from coaches, no matter how ridiculous the NCAA rules are. He's just kind of a weird guy.

I don't dislike Arian Foster, but I can understand why people have reservations towards him. The main problem I have with him is admitting that he took extra benefits from coaches, no matter how ridiculous the NCAA rules are. He's just kind of a weird guy.

Admitting or accepting?

Some guy named Carl Pickens rates up there also....

Dude, I wouldn't call Carl Pickens under appreciated, at least by me. Probably my favorite UT receiver and in my top 5 defensive backs and kick returners. Definitely the best 2 way player in my lifetime. Yes, I know he only played both ways one year, but he was very impressive that year. Multiple interceptions and I am 99% sure he housed one of those INTs. Plus, he had several 1000+ yard years in the NFL and make a couple of Pro Bowls. Btw, one of my favorite Pickens plays was KO return for TD against LSU right before halftime. LSU had just scored and seemed to have the momentum, but that changed in about 12 seconds and led to a comfortable UT win

Dude, I wouldn't call Carl Pickens under appreciated, at least by me. Probably my favorite UT receiver and in my top 5 defensive backs and kick returners. Definitely the best 2 way player in my lifetime. Yes, I know he only played both ways one year, but he was very impressive that year. Multiple interceptions and I am 99% sure he housed one of those INTs. Plus, he had several 1000+ yard years in the NFL and make a couple of Pro Bowls. Btw, one of my favorite Pickens plays was KO return for TD against LSU right before halftime. LSU had just scored and seemed to have the momentum, but that changed in about 12 seconds and led to a comfortable UT win

oh I definitely agree...I was just replying to Carl Pickens
"screen name"...don't know if that is really him or not but if it is I didn't want him to feel left out:clapping:it's all good and fun

Admitting or accepting?

His post Vol career makes him less appreciated. Obviously, he had some great moments, but you couple some of the other not so great moments with the off the field stuff and people will have a negative perception of him. He seems to be a good guy, although I don't reallly like him throwing us under the bus.

Mine has to be Shawn Bryson.. that dude could fly for someone his size. I can still see him taking the handoff and streaking through Florida's line, outrunning everyone in their secondary.

Will Bartholomew was the workhorse blocking but Bryson added another element to our run game. He didn't run a lot but when he did he was productive. I think if our backfield hadn't been so loaded he could have been a starter.

U know who was under appreciated, imo, Craig Faulkner. I watched a couple of classic game highlights today and was so impressed. I loved him when he was playing but forgot how good he was until today. He was fast, tough and had great hands. He would have been a perfect slot WR in todays NFL. Wes Welker and Julian Edelman are Craig Faulkner reincarnated. If only Faulkner was born 12 years later, be would have been a star on the right team in the NFL

Johnathan Crompton. And I'm serious. I feel for he guy. He came here because he loved the school and him and his family were hurt by something they love over a game. I've always felt his story was a bad look for the Vols fan base.

Reactions: 1 person
His post Vol career makes him less appreciated. Obviously, he had some great moments, but you couple some of the other not so great moments with the off the field stuff and people will have a negative perception of him. He seems to be a good guy, although I don't reallly like him throwing us under the bus.

Yeah, my point is he is underappreciated because was a big net contributor to our football team but many made him into a scapegoat when he played and then after for "throwing us under the bus". Did his statement directly harm UT? We didn't get in trouble, right?

U know who was under appreciated, imo, Craig Faulkner. I watched a couple of classic game highlights today and was so impressed. I loved him when he was playing but forgot how good he was until today. He was fast, tough and had great hands. He would have been a perfect slot WR in todays NFL. Wes Welker and Julian Edelman are Craig Faulkner reincarnated. If only Faulkner was born 12 years later, be would have been a star on the right team in the NFL

Wrecking a motorcycle and having to have his wrist surgically repaired hurt Faulkner's career. There were several games his last year where it was reported he couldn't play at times because of the pain. It cost him at the time the Tennessee record for most catches in a season.

Jesse Mahelona isn't talked about at all on this site (RIP). Doesn't even have a highlight reel, what a shame. His death roll technique was sick.

Reactions: 1 person
Wrecking a motorcycle and having to have his wrist surgically repaired hurt Faulkner's career. There were several games his last year where it was reported he couldn't play at times because of the pain. It cost him at the time the Tennessee record for most catches in a season.

Damn, I forgot all about that and still not sure I remember completely. Damn shame, hell of a football player. I can think of several football and basketball players that ruined careers because of motorcycles. U would think they would no better, but that's probably part of the reason some of the players were so good, NO FEAR.

Damn, I forgot all about that and still not sure I remember completely. Damn shame, hell of a football player. I can think of several football and basketball players that ruined careers because of motorcycles. U would think they would no better, but that's probably part of the reason some of the players were so good, NO FEAR.

I only remember it because they did one of those airtime filler stories on it. I don't remember if it was on the Phillip Fulmer show or a game. If I remember correctly he broke his wrist and the bones that broke where then dislocated.

I think the motorcycle thing is more about being young and the rebel mentality that goes with it.

VN Store

Back