Who is your most UNDER appreciated Vol

Montario Hardesty... can't believe he hasn't been mentioned!

Top 10 in career rushing yards, career rushing TD's, single season rushing yards, and single season rushing TD's.

It was less than 8 years ago that this man put the offense on his back and produced almost 1500 all purpose yards and had 15 total touchdowns.

Reactions: 7 people
Jason Layman Big OT mean and tough great run blocker on a solid o line. Also told Peyton Manning to stfu and call the play.

Reactions: 2 people
Will Overstreet is my favorite. He had a Derek Barnett motor but not quite the skills.

And that was Tennessee's most complete DL hands down. Henderson, Haynesworth, Overstreet and that fourth guy?? was almost as good!

Today, I would go with Jack Jones or Vickers. No quit in these guys...Blue Collar guys who know how to take care of Business...Pun In10did!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Dale Jones
Mose Phillips
Johnnie Jones
Heath Shuler
Jimmie Noonan
Shawn Bryson
Bill Rudder
ect. ect............................

Casey Clausen is one of my all time favorite Vols.

2 great choices. Garner was very arguably the most talented running back we've ever had at Tennessee and Clausen's numbers and ability to play great on the road in big games may be unmatched at Tennessee.

Leonard Scott, dude could fly! Would love to see what he could do in butches hurry up offense, or out of a wildcat formation!

Fast, but couldn't catch the clap in a Half-price whorehouse. Tough to say he was under appreciated imho. Just didn't do enough.

Fast, but couldn't catch the clap in a Half-price whorehouse. Tough to say he was under appreciated imho. Just didn't do enough.

Excellent description KB..... I forget which game it was but he dropped an easy td ..... The following Monday Bill King said something along the lines of him (King) being able to make that catch after drinking a 12 pack

Scott Wells. We need a center

John Finlayson. He was a great TE that we did not use like we should have.

from an older fan, Jackie Walker.

Jackie returned like 3 interceptions for TDs, one year and he was a LB. Plus, he gets extra points from me, for being a fellow Fulton alum. But, he was before my time.

So, I would have to go with Travis Stephens. The all-time single season rushing leader in Vol history. Along with Travis Henry, made sure UT didn't miss a beat, running the ball after Jamal got hurt during the NC year. Also, led the team in rushing in the NC game. So unselfish, he took a redshirt year after the NC year, so Jamal and Henry could do their thing. Paid off, because the next year he was the man and broke the aforementioned record

VN Store

Back