Who is your most UNDER appreciated Vol

illvol

Eternal optimist
Just thinking back to teams from the past I always wonder how one player may have contributed in today's scheme or other environment. I also think back about guys I didn't pay much attention to when they played but now see where they may have fit in and would love to have them on today's team.
Who is one player that didn't get the accolades or appreciation while playing but you would love to have on this team? Name and position.

I would love a Will Overstreet, defensive end. Someone who put his head down and worked quietly but would come up big in big situations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Charlie Garner and Casey Clausen. Both accomplished a lot, but probably would not be on many Vol fan favorites list

Reactions: 6 people
Casey Clausen is one of my all time favorite Vols.

Interesting factoid, he's been busy coaching and turning around a former miserable high school program at Calabassas High in SoCal.

Mark Jones. Played WR and DB. Don't know if it still stands, but he caught the longest TD reception in UT history vs UGA. HE also caused a huge interception when we upset Miami.

Reactions: 4 people
Leonard Scott, dude could fly! Would love to see what he could do in butches hurry up offense, or out of a wildcat formation!

I'm with you illvol always thought Casey Clausen was fun to watch! Tough reliable and played with a must win attitude. One of my favorites also!

Only lost one road game as a starter in the SEC. Unfortunatley I was present that night. Dude was a warrior.

I would say any number of linemen who played 4 years, but weren't necessarily household names.

But the truth is most good players who contribute are not under-appreciated in their time. They just get talked about less and less as time goes by.

Mark Jones. Played WR and DB. Don't know if it still stands, but he caught the longest TD reception in UT history vs UGA. HE also caused a huge interception when we upset Miami.

He's the 1st player to pop in my mind.

Reactions: 2 people
I would love a Will Overstreet, defensive end. Someone who put his head down and worked quietly but would come up big in big situations.

After reading another post today I think we might have a chance at another Overstreet in Vickers. If he can come up with the big plays you reference it will be a big boost to the entire defense.

VN Store

Back