Who is your most UNDER appreciated Vol

Billy Ratliff and Bill Duff. Two of the biggest plays in Tenn football history.

Shane Burton stuffed George. Duff cleaned up. Shane doesn't get enough credit for driving back two OSU linemen on that play. Shane Burton under appreciated Vol!

Reactions: 1 person
Will Overstreet is my favorite. He had a Derek Barnett motor but not quite the skills.

And that was Tennessee's most complete DL hands down. Henderson, Haynesworth, Overstreet and that fourth guy?? was almost as good!

Today, I would go with Jack Jones or Vickers. No quit in these guys...Blue Collar guys who know how to take care of Business...Pun In10did!

Jackson.

Best DL at UT evah.

maybe it's because of the thread started about him, but i think Crompton should get a mention here. he did take a lot of heat, much of it unwarranted given the situation around him. and while 2008 and 2009 didn't pan out like he, or we, wanted, the improvement he made individually 08 to 09 was pretty darn good. he, nor his family, shouldn't have had to endure the verbal assault they did.....so at least from that standpoint, he's worthy of a mention here.

Reactions: 1 person
Andy Spiva

Andy still holds the Tennessee and SEC record for tackles at 547. I believe he had 194 his senior year and 21 in his first game as a freshman. His mother, Betty, was truly a Tennessee fan for like. He would have been an outstanding LB for the Falcons if he had not died in an automobile accident in Atlanta early in his carrier.

Reactions: 3 people
Fast, but couldn't catch the clap in a Half-price whorehouse. Tough to say he was under appreciated imho. Just didn't do enough.

I mostly just remember him on kick and punt returns. He was like lightning it seemed to me then. I believe he was a Ut track star. I would still like to see him in wildcat formation with our O scheme nowadays.

Cedric Houston. One if the hardest runners I've ever seen on the hill. He wasn't the most talented but the guy ran like the bottoms of his feet were on fire.

Reactions: 2 people
Darwin Walker....

People forget just how dominant he was at DT...

And Shaun Ellis at DE....

Those two guys are hardly mentioned at all when folks talk about our best DL....

But, other than Reggie and Doug, I would argue that those two men were the next best DL along with Justin Harrell.....

Just MHO....

Reactions: 4 people
Darwin Walker....

People forget just how dominant he was at DT...

And Shaun Ellis at DE....

Those two guys are hardly mentioned at all when folks talk about our best DL....

But, other than Reggie and Doug, I would argue that those two men were the next best DL along with Justin Harrell.....

Just MHO....

Forgot about Shaun Ellis, he was special no doubt. I don't recall Darwin though. my bad!

Casey was a gamer no doubt. I was so disappointed we didn't get his little brother but not sure he would have lived up to the hype Casey would have brought for him.

Tee Martin

Marcus Nash

Cedric Wilson

Alex Walls

Jermaine Copeland

Gerald Riggs Jr

Jamal Lewis

Rick, not Casey. Iceman was far from under appreciated. Rick was an undersized, under talented warrior that no one wanted, including LSU. #Rally at the Valley

Darwin Walker was the strongest player in UT history (at the time) and a great piece of the puzzle for the 98 team. Played several years in the NFL.

Walker could not be blocked by one guy....he almost always drew a double-team and allowed the LBs to make plays....:salute:

Another dude that was tough to block and always disrupted the running game was Ron Green...#55...

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back