Who does Pruitt play for?

You're missing the point. Saban is coaching his team. Alabama winning another NC is much more of a recruiting tool than calling recruits. There will be many many hours CJP is on the practice field, gameplanning, or watching film when he should be talking to recruits. Also, at this point Alabama already knows who they're targeting and have all their contact info. CJP is going to have to find recruits, research their background, watch their game film, get their contact info ect. If you think most of his time these next six weeks is going to be spent recruiting for Tennessee you're a crazy person. Is he going to be talking to recruits in Alabama team meetings? On the practice field? No. He wont.

I can see it now.

Saban: CJP, get out here. The team is ready to practice!

CJP: Sorry coach, I'm recruiting for Tennessee. I'm all Vol!

Again, Saban is at the same disadvantage you are trying to claim. Saban will also be coaching during some of that time, and I have never heard of there being insufficient time to contact recruits during bowl practices

Reactions: 1 person
I'll repost this since you seem to think he'll have an abundance of free time.

He isn't going to be calling recruits for Tennessee all day down there you know. However, that's what he should be doing.

There is a difference between what is best for UT and what he "should" be doing. I'll invite you to make the moral/ethical "ought" argument that your "should" comment demands.

Reactions: 2 people
Good CJP lap dog. Good. You're no fan, you're a disgrace.

Who the hell died and left you in charge. All you got is name calling. Your opinion is not everyones opinion. You just try to bully people around. You need to shut your smart mouth.

Again, Saban is at the same disadvantage you are trying to claim. Saban will also be coaching during some of that time, and I have never heard of there being insufficient time to contact recruits during bowl practices

That's because they know who they are recruiting. What is CJP gonna do, blindly dial a number? How does he know who he is gonna recruit, who will be a good fit, ect. That takes time to research. Alabama isn't starting fresh.

But you're right, he will have plenty of time to recruit. So the former recruiter of the year better damn well deliver this off season.

Tired of excuses for failure for such a "great coach".

I have never heard of a situation where a major football school hired a new coach, but the new coach remained at the original school, an arch rival school, to help them for another 6 weeks.

Why would the new coach want to do that?
Why would the head coach (Saban) allow it?
Why would the new employer (UT) allow it?
Why are we putting up with it?

Don't make excuses or lame justifications. We need all his time and energy here now. We have lost the fan base, recruits, and our reputation.

Today, is our new coach for us or is he for Alabama?
Every time the announcer's talk about Bama's defense in the playoff's, the announcer's will say the new head coach of Tennessee's name great recruiting tool, plus they will tell how loyal he is to his player's if that get's 2 or 3 top recruits will be worth it, don't mean we are pulling for bama, we need to do what ever it takes to land some big time recruits.

Here's a few more.

Article V: Memorize the mantra, "He wants to be here!" Even though he won't be here until Alabama is done.

Article VI: Anyone who does not believe his word is gospel and/or expects him to perform his first year should get out of the way. If CJP fails, it's never his fault.

Maybe you guys can meet up with this Bama fan and "trade" wits with him. You guys seem to have a lot in common.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-12-08-19-34-48-1.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-12-08-19-34-48-1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0
That's because they know who they are recruiting. What is CJP gonna do, blindly dial a number? How does he know who he is gonna recruit, who will be a good fit, ect. That takes time to research. Alabama isn't starting fresh.

But you're right, he will have plenty of time to recruit. So the former recruiter of the year better damn well deliver this off season.

Tired of excuses for failure for such a "great coach".

Red One plus Red Two equals...???

Hint: Coach isn't starting from scratch.

Every time the announcer's talk about Bama's defense in the playoff's, the announcer's will say the new head coach of Tennessee's name great recruiting tool, plus they will tell how loyal he is to his player's if that get's 2 or 3 top recruits will be worth it, don't mean we are pulling for bama, we need to do what ever it takes to land some big time recruits.

And what if his defense gets lit up? Nothing is impossible in football. In the last two years in the NC game his defense gave up 40 points and 35 points. Kirby wasn't even close to giving up that many points.

it’s utterly shocking to me that this is even an issue for some people ..... of course I think most of you guys posting understand that but you’re just playing the role of agitator which can be fun I admit.

Here's a few more.

Article V: Memorize the mantra, "He wants to be here!" Even though he won't be here until Alabama is done.

Article VI: Anyone who does not believe his word is gospel and/or expects him to perform his first year should get out of the way. If CJP fails, it's never his fault.

Your not going to make many friends or influence many people here on VN, or is that your plan after all?:popcorn:

It's called being professional and doing the right thing. If you are just going to jump from job to job and not give your previous employer notice, you are going to have a hard time. You seem young, so you should really use this as a learning thing.

Good, so no excuses then. Top 5? I expect a former recruiter of the year to bring in one hell of a class. No? Oh, you got excuses, don't you.

Is there something there you expect me to respond to, or are you just trying to distract from your ill-conceived, self-defeating logic?

"Red One calling Red Two. I shot myself in the foot again!"

Your not going to make many friends or influence many people here on VN, or is that your plan after all?:popcorn:

I don't care about friend. I care about this guy getting the job done. Year 1! No excuses, no grace period. He has talent, now go win 7 games. Then all I hear is how great he is, but how much we're going to suck for 2 years and poor CJP just can't do anything about it. Saban won the NC is second year, and Alabama was as much of a dumpster fire as we are when he took over. Don't tell me he's a great coach, but we have to suck so he can change the "culture". No Saban didn't have to suck, Kirby didn't have to suck, Meyer didn't have to suck, and Richt didnt have to suck. Richt and Kirby both won the SEC championship their second year. Meyer and Saban (and possibly Kirby) won the NC their second year.

I'm tired of excuses. He needs to get it done. Great coaches don't need 5 year plans. If he can't perform like they did he isn't a great coach and shouldn't be here.

VN Store

Back