Who does Pruitt play for?

Good god. Research what is allowed and not allowed in a dead period then get back to me. Do some research before speaking about things you know nothing about.

OK, you're right. should have been more specific. He's not allowed to visit recruits in person, so what do you think he won't be able to do while coaching Alabama? Do you think they'll restrict his phone access, because that's the main communication he can use contacting recruits during the dead period.

He'll still have a phone, call, text, respond, and tweet recruits. What am I missing? Email?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The real world works just the opposite of this. Only in Sabanland does the new coach not go help the team that hired him.

Every other coach that is moving isn't sticking around. Frost may be considering it but said it's already creating trouble for him and that he may not do it.

The ultimate hilarity of it, Nick Saban dropped his team like a hot potato in the middle of bowl prep when he was hired by LSU.

No one is saying that a coach must stay. You just haven't established that they can't (or shouldn't).

OK, you're right. should have been more specific. He's not allowed to visit recruits in person, so what do you think he won't be able to do while coaching Alabama? Do you think they'll restrict his phone access, because that's the main communication he can use contacting recruits during the dead period.

He'll still have a phone, call, text, respond, and tweet recruits. What am I missing? Email?

He won't have time dude. Do you think it's a 3 hour practice and off the field? No, he'll have to work 14 hour days to get ready for a playoff game. That leaves no time for Tennessee.

If he were Jimbo Fisher, yeah, you don't risk it. But he's a guy that had two options, take a massive pay raise and come here or go back to Alabama as DC. We had two other guys with essentially equal resumes and equal chances for success ready to take the job as well.

So, there's nothing inherently wrong with it. It's not a moral or ethical issue. He just doesn't meet your standards of importance.

OK.

I'm sure it's already been said but Kirby Smart did the same thing two years ago. Seems to have worked out.

This thread just made me realize how mediocre and irrelevant we really are.

It's not okay if some of us don't like it, we're actually stupid because we're not happy and excited about our new Head Coach marketing TENNESSEE for recruits, by coaching his Alabama team in the playoffs. Its like the greatest thing ever.

Makes me want to throw up.

Not really. Unless he's wearing Tennessee orange and tells recruits to go to Tennessee in the post game interview. If he loses, then it's really not good.

See, you're a hypocrite then. So is Pruitt. Either all kids are equally important or it's about something more than the kids. "Won't somebody please think of the children" doesn't play if you're saying only some of them matter.

If his presence there aids Alabama, it hurts Tennessee. That's the bottom line. There are plenty of things that need fixing here. Plenty of work to be done here. But he's spending a month there.

Nothing he's doing there benefits Tennessee at all. Everything he's doing there benefits Alabama.

The head coach at UT is aiding Alabama while not giving 100 percent of his time to Tennessee.

My big question is are we paying him to do it? It's salt to the wound if we are.

Seeing that your logic is slippery enough to OK one person doing it but not another, I don't think you're in a position to be playing the "hypocrite" card.

Another person who doesn't know what the dead period means. He can call and text any recruit in the nation during the dead period. It simply means no face to face contact.

Do you know what "call and text" means? (Hint: You don't have to be on the UT campus to do it.)

He won't have time dude. Do you think it's a 3 hour practice and off the field? No, he'll have to work 14 hour days to get ready for a playoff game. That leaves no time for Tennessee.

Well, I disagree with that. I think he will have time during the day to reach out to recruits and answer recruits. He'll have as much time to do that as Saban has to do it. Is Saban at a disadvantage too?

Do you know what "call and text" means? (Hint: You don't have to be on the UT campus to do it.)

I'll repost this since you seem to think he'll have an abundance of free time.

He isn't going to be calling recruits for Tennessee all day down there you know. However, that's what he should be doing.

Well, I disagree with that. I think he will have time during the day to reach out to recruits and answer recruits. He'll have as much time to do that as Saban has to do it. Is Saban at a disadvantage too?

He won't be able to call recruits like other coaches around the country will, that's for sure. He has the advantage of being at Alabama, though. CJP doesn't have that advantage, he is going to have to claw to get every good recruit he can.

I'll repost this since you seem to think he'll have an abundance of free time.

He isn't going to be calling recruits for Tennessee all day down there you know. However, that's what he should be doing.

Is Saban going to be calling Alabama recruits all day? You're really stretching here, cause you're basically saying bowl practices put coaches at a recruiting disadvantage during the dead period, and I've never heard of it being a problem in the past.

And believe me, Saban would be the first one to complain about it if he was limited in his calls due to coaching

It's literally texting and calling. We all do it, every day, and some of us also work full time too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Is Saban going to be calling Alabama recruits all day? You're really stretching here, cause you're basically saying bowl practices put coaches at a recruiting disadvantage during the dead period, and I've never heard of it being a problem in the past.

And believe me, Saban would be the first one to complain about it if he was limited in his calls due to coaching

It's literally texting and calling. We all do it, every day, and some of us also work full time too.

You're missing the point. Saban is coaching his team. Alabama winning another NC is much more of a recruiting tool than calling recruits. There will be many many hours CJP is on the practice field, gameplanning, or watching film when he should be talking to recruits. Also, at this point Alabama already knows who they're targeting and have all their contact info. CJP is going to have to find recruits, research their background, watch their game film, get their contact info ect. If you think most of his time these next six weeks is going to be spent recruiting for Tennessee you're a crazy person. Is he going to be talking to recruits in Alabama team meetings? On the practice field? No. He wont.

I can see it now.

Saban: CJP, get out here. The team is ready to practice!

CJP: Sorry coach, I'm recruiting for Tennessee. I'm all Vol!

You're missing the point. Saban is coaching his team. Alabama winning another NC is much more of a recruiting tool than calling recruits. There will be many many hours CJP is on the practice field, gameplanning, or watching film when he should be talking to recruits. Also, at this point Alabama already knows who they're targeting and have all their contact info. CJP is going to have to find recruits, research their background, watch their game film, get their contact info ect. If you think most of his time these next six weeks is going to be spent recruiting for Tennessee you're a crazy person. Is he going to be talking to recruits in Alabama team meetings? On the practice field? No. He wont.

I can see it now.

Saban: CJP, get out here. The team is ready to practice!

CJP: Sorry coach, I'm recruiting for Tennessee. I'm all Vol!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back