Which is the better coach??

Miles... But would take either of them to be the UT coach.

Would you rather have either instead of who we have??

I wouldn't.

Don't be fooled by OSU the last 2 years. They have been down, but the Big 10 has been worse than ever, so their record looked like it had when they were better. I think the 2006 team was actually very good, but Florida played perfectly that day. Some of those OSU teams were actually very good. They will get back to winning the big games.

They didn't deserve their win over Wisconsin this year, you'll never convince me the Badgers wouldn't have won with fair officiating.

I always find myself thinking the same thing after reading one of your posts, this guy has a clarity of thinking I wish I had.:good!:

Thanks for the compliment Dan, but I think you are quite good at speaking your mind.

I'll take the opposite view, except I think the Miles brand of football will outlast Meyer's cheap gimmicks.

The game this week and the recruiting classes this year will determine a good bit about how the future of both programs and both careers unfold.

meyer.jpg

Needless to say, I'm pulling hard for LSU as most Vols fans will, except for the extreme Fulmer haters who will be pulling for Georgia and Florida. If I thought they were anything more than a very few deranged individuals, I would take everything orange that I have and burn it, and I've been an avid Vol since 1951 and I remember the moment well, like a line from 'sounds of silence', "and the vision that was planted in my brain still remains."

As Mr. T says; "pity the fools!"

The clarity of expression is extremely good but I still think his thinking can be at times clouded because of the influences of some rather fuzzy thinking by sources to which we are all subject at one time or another.

Fuzzy thinking takes me to the top of the mountain beyond the clouds of influence. It is my sherpa!

Last edited:
gsvol,

are you content with the current staff? I have supported Fulmer and his staff until this point. UT is becoming more average every year. Blame it on what you want, but that falls on coaching. Fulmer has done great things for Tennessee football, but he just hasn't gotten anything done lately. When you are a coach of a big time program like UT, it is expected that you should be contending for a BCS bowl every year, not wondering if you are even going to be eligible to go to any bowl game.

Thanks for the compliment Dan, but I think you are quite good at speaking your mind.

Fuzzy thinking takes me to the top of the mountain beyond the clouds of influence. It is my sherpa!

Well that explains it all, a combination of Yeti spaghetti, lack of oxygen and rancid yak butter can put you in a perpetual state of foggy thinking!!!:)

(The only cure is locking yourself in a room and listening to foggy mountain breakdown for twenty four straight hours, while eating a bushel of fresh carrots, at least you will see better.)

BTW, one of my ideal spots for a dream vacation home, Bhutan, their form of government is the next best thing to God's kingdom, they have a king but if a majority of the citizens become dissatisfied, then they vote him out and a new king is selected, kinda' kewl, plus they are the only country on Earth that doesn't measure gross national product, (GNP) they measure gross national happiness, (GNH) and they don't sell the lucrative mountain climbing licenses that other countries of the Himalayas do because that offends the Sherpa yak herders who consider that activity to be an affront to the majesty of the mountain. (plus the Abominal Snowman could be on the endangered species list, I don't know so much about that.)

gsvol,

are you content with the current staff? I have supported Fulmer and his staff until this point. UT is becoming more average every year. Blame it on what you want, but that falls on coaching. Fulmer has done great things for Tennessee football, but he just hasn't gotten anything done lately. When you are a coach of a big time program like UT, it is expected that you should be contending for a BCS bowl every year, not wondering if you are even going to be eligible to go to any bowl game.

Well we're not completely out of it yet, strange things happen in college football, I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

I'm not wanting to show Phil the door either, I would like to see him move up to AD eventually.

Am I content, satisfied?? No not really, at 2-3 we have been shooting our toes off right and left so far this season and of course that ultimately falls on the HC.

I'm not so unhappy with the play calling by the new OC, the execution of some plays suck on too many occasions though, that has to be corrected immediately if not sooner.

Last year a segment of Vol fandom was calling for Chavis' head but through five games this year we certainly have exceeded most expectations, at least I think most fans would agree on that.

Would I like to see some changes? Yes.

Either Slade or Caldwell kicked up to a position in the athletic department and Manny Diaz brought in and given the special teams coordinator slot. We could improve our special teams play a good bit imo, plus Diaz is a terrific recruiter who has great connections in south Florida, MTSU has over 20 players from Florida on it's current roster.

The bottom line is this, although some times dismissing a whole staff and hiring a high profile new HC who can bring in whoever he wishes does work, at least temporarily, however, in the vast majority of cases the school goes through a few years of growng pains and sometimes a lot of years of replacing coaches and still not improving the on the field results that the fans desire.

Some fans will belittle the SECE championship last year and the loss to LSU in the SECC game but still the Vol football program wasn't a total loss as many would imply.

That is lately, is it not?

Well that explains it all, a combination of Yeti spaghetti, lack of oxygen and rancid yak butter can put you in a perpetual state of foggy thinking!!!:)

(The only cure is locking yourself in a room and listening to foggy mountain breakdown for twenty four straight hours, while eating a bushel of fresh carrots, at least you will see better.)

:lolabove:
The bottom line is this, although some times dismissing a whole staff and hiring a high profile new HC who can bring in whoever he wishes does work, at least temporarily, however, in the vast majority of cases the school goes through a few years of growng pains and sometimes a lot of years of replacing coaches and still not improving the on the field results that the fans desire.

Some fans will belittle the SECE championship last year and the loss to LSU in the SECC game but still the Vol football program wasn't a total loss as many would imply.

When change does occur it will be a roll of the dice. People should definitely be prepared for the possibility that it will take more than one coach.

Well we're not completely out of it yet, strange things happen in college football, I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

I'm not wanting to show Phil the door either, I would like to see him move up to AD eventually.

Am I content, satisfied?? No not really, at 2-3 we have been shooting our toes off right and left so far this season and of course that ultimately falls on the HC.

I'm not so unhappy with the play calling by the new OC, the execution of some plays suck on too many occasions though, that has to be corrected immediately if not sooner.

Last year a segment of Vol fandom was calling for Chavis' head but through five games this year we certainly have exceeded most expectations, at least I think most fans would agree on that.

Would I like to see some changes? Yes.

Either Slade or Caldwell kicked up to a position in the athletic department and Manny Diaz brought in and given the special teams coordinator slot. We could improve our special teams play a good bit imo, plus Diaz is a terrific recruiter who has great connections in south Florida, MTSU has over 20 players from Florida on it's current roster.

You make some valid points and I commend you on that. However, the fact that some fans belittle the SECE championship game last year is because the Vols lost. Believe me, I was more than pleased to make it to the SECE championship last year, but how many years can UT fans go on settling for a team that is just happy to be there instead of a team that goes there, destroys and comes away from a championship game with a victory.

When change does occur it will be a roll of the dice. People should definitely be prepared for the possibility that it will take more than one coach.

Perzactly what I've been saying, ditching Fulmer, for all his faults, real or imagined and starting fresh just doesn't guarantee instantaneous success, as a matter of fact the odds are against it.

How much money is laid down each and every moment on roulette wheel bets that pay 32 to 1 while the odds are 36 to 1 you will not win??

Long term success is lessoned by that choice of forks and fork all those who can't understand that, those are the ones who are in denial of the realities of the situation.

You make some valid points and I commend you on that. However, the fact that some fans belittle the SECE championship game last year is because the Vols lost. Believe me, I was more than pleased to make it to the SECE championship last year, but how many years can UT fans go on settling for a team that is just happy to be there instead of a team that goes there, destroys and comes away from a championship game with a victory.

Well duh, we all hate losing no doubt, but losing a football game and losing all sanity are two distinctly different animals.

How many years??? How ever many years it takes.

You say fire Phil, win the NC next year??

I say; "NUTS!" You're out of your tree if you believe that is going to happen, let's get real for a distinct change?

And one little glitch in your analogy, we weren't happy to be there and not win, we were happy to be there, unhappy not to win.

What is your point? I didn't say OSU was that good this year.

So then Tosu who has played in the last two BCS NC games has suddenly become not so good anymore???

Sometimes it's hard to discern just exactly what you are saying. Clarify what you are saying and I'll see if I have any points that may be of interest to you.

You say:

"Don't be fooled by OSU the last 2 years. They have been down, but the Big 10 has been worse than ever, so their record looked like it had when they were better. I think the 2006 team was actually very good, but Florida played perfectly that day. Some of those OSU teams were actually very good. They will get back to winning the big games."

Was the Wisconsin win in 2008 a big win??

I say they didn't really earn that win.

Are you trying to say they are the team to beat in '08??

If so, how about the demolishing they took from So So Cal???

As I said, tell me what you're trying to say and I'll try to give you some sort of intelligent reply, fair enough??

What don't you understand? This year and last year they have looked and will look better than they are because their bad schedule. I said they will get back to winning big games, how did you spin that into Wisconsin?

What don't you understand? This year and last year they have looked and will look better than they are because their bad schedule. I said they will get back to winning big games, how did you spin that into Wisconsin?

do you even read his posts?

Wait, now I'm confused. Was that sarcasm? What are you trying to say?

I'm saying he is a crazy old man and you shouldn't worry about what he says because its all nonsense.

Looking back at my post, I can see how you thought I was being a smarta**, but that is actually totally opposite of what I was trying to say.

Glad you two guys got it together, pardon me if I and exceptionally underwhelmed with your collective intelligence though.

You say they will get back to winning big games.

Was the Wisconsin game a 'big win?'

Why do you think they will get back to winning big games??

Because of the excellent coaching of Tressel??

If so then how do you explain the trouncing by So So Cal??

You say they will get back to winning big games, when do you see this coming to pass????

I understand you saying they have looked better than they actually were the last two seasons because of the relative weakness of the big t eleven overall, but what does that have to do with whether Miles or Meyer is the better coach???

As for Chavisut and his cheap personal shot, put no stock in that, I'll stomp a mud hole in his sorry butt, stomp it dry, stomp the dust out of it and then make him like it. He's crazy if he thinks otherwise.

As for Chavisut and his cheap personal shot, put no stock in that, I'll stomp a mud hole in his sorry butt, stomp it dry, stomp the dust out of it and then make him like it. He's crazy if he thinks otherwise.

:eek:lol:

VN Store

Back