Which is the better coach??

p1.miles.getty.jpg

Being as Miles has been in the big show his whole head coaching career, he doesn't have the non-BCS leagues to buffer his record. Based on that, it's a lock on who's better.

Interesting. We should just throw out records and go with the "eye test".

Not really what I'm saying.

Fulmer has the best winning percentage of any coach with 10+ years of coaching. Is he one of the top coaches in college football right now?

Edit- Not sure if he still has the highest, but its certainly up there.

Last edited:
Meyer inherited Ron Zook's Florida Gators, Miles took over Saban's Tigers.

Les Miles walked into a better situation.

Meyer's best season at UF so far was when Tebow was on the sidelines for the majority of the games.

Last edited:
Regardless, that is part of being a great coach. Getting great players and finding ways to get them involved in the game. Meyer did just that with Tebow.

Tebow is a once in a lifetime player. Meyers spread will back step in the upcoming years.

He has to get a bruising tailback in there sometime. Right now it is just the same ole Tebow option reads.

I'd say Miles Play calling, but Meyer's gameplanning and recruiting....and the ZOok Comment earlier, Zook actually contributing a lot to that Championship team and his players were legit. He can really recruit, whether he can use that talent on a national level has yet to be reached, but I have witnessed his recruiting first hand here in Champaign, and I think he did a lot more for the NC team than Saban did for LSU. JMO.

I'd say Miles Play calling, but Meyer's gameplanning and recruiting....and the ZOok Comment earlier, Zook actually contributing a lot to that Championship team and his players were legit. He can really recruit, whether he can use that talent on a national level has yet to be reached, but I have witnessed his recruiting first hand here in Champaign, and I think he did a lot more for the NC team than Saban did for LSU. JMO.

Zook's recruiting was no better than Saban's during his time at UF. His best class was still behind Saban's.

Zook's recruiting was no better than Saban's during his time at UF. His best class was still behind Saban's.

The team Saban left was good, it had athletes, and it left Miles with some weapons, but Zook left Meyer with a National Championship team. The Team Saban left Miles couldn't win the SEC, even with Jamarcus. Zook left one of the nastiest Defenses Florida has seen in awhile, and Leak/Dallas baker. not to mention about 6-7 players that either left, De-committed, or DNQ. I'm not saying Zook was a better recruiter, just saying Miles did less with Sabans Recruits, then Meyer did with Zooks.

VN Store

Back