Which is the better coach??

The team Saban left was good, it had athletes, and it left Miles with some weapons, but Zook left Meyer with a National Championship team. The Team Saban left Miles couldn't win the SEC, even with Jamarcus. Zook left one of the nastiest Defenses Florida has seen in awhile, and Leak/Dallas baker. not to mention about 6-7 players that either left, De-committed, or DNQ. I'm not saying Zook was a better recruiter, just saying Miles did less with Sabans Recruits, then Meyer did with Zooks.

Saban out recruited Zook, yet Meyer turns around and wins a NC faster than Miles. Doesn't that sorta favor Meyer in determining who is better.

Saban left Miles with more than Zook left Meyer.

It appears that sometimes Les is more.

Instant Rimshot

Try the veal.

I didn't know Veal had gotten into coaching yet.

Boola boola Ashtabula.

Saban out recruited Zook, yet Meyer turns around and wins a NC faster than Miles. Doesn't that sorta favor Meyer in determining who is better.

Saban left Miles with more than Zook left Meyer.

I'm not sure you're right about that.

And last year Meyer had 4 losses and Miles had 2 and Miles team destroyed a top notch Ohio State and Meyer's team lost to a mediocre Michigan.

Who has the best recruits now and who's going to win Saturday?

And last year Meyer had 4 losses and Miles had 2 and Miles team destroyed a top notch Ohio State and Meyer's team lost to a mediocre Michigan.

Who has the best recruits now and who's going to win Saturday?

and the year before that UF gave Ohio State a much worse beating in the National Championship game.

Based on what I have seen Meyer has a higher probability of continued success simply because he coaches in Florida.

In many ways Miles comes across as a little dopey at times , but he is much more organized and deliberate than a lot of people think. I actually like Miles brand of football better, but in the end I think Meyer will have the better career.

Zook got Florida Leak, Dallas Baker, Caldwell, L Murphey, Ingram, their entire O-line an D-Line, B Siler, Spikes, Demps, Pierre-Louis, Reggie Nelson, and Set the Foundation for Harvin/Tebow and their entire Class. And at Illinois a dismal football program he has GREATLY out recruited what Saban did at Michigan State a few years back. He has 3 5 stars, and 6 4 stars on roster right now. Saban didn't sniff a 5 star at Michigan State. Zook is a better recruiter for what he's got, and I can bring up the Illinois debate all day with pages of fats for you.

Zook got Florida Leak, Dallas Baker, Caldwell, L Murphey, Ingram, their entire O-line an D-Line, B Siler, Spikes, Demps, Pierre-Louis, Reggie Nelson, and Set the Foundation for Harvin/Tebow and their entire Class. And at Illinois a dismal football program he has GREATLY out recruited what Saban did at Michigan State a few years back. He has 3 5 stars, and 6 4 stars on roster right now. Saban didn't sniff a 5 star at Michigan State. Zook is a better recruiter for what he's got, and I can bring up the Illinois debate all day with pages of fats for you.

Zook didn't pull those guys.

I could make just as long of a list of players Saban left Miles with. If you're actually saying Zook is a better recruiter than Saban than I'm going to have to disagree completely.

Last edited:
Based on what I have seen Meyer has a higher probability of continued success simply because he coaches in Florida.

In many ways Miles comes across as a little dopey at times , but he is much more organized and deliberate than a lot of people think. I actually like Miles brand of football better, but in the end I think Meyer will have the better career.
I always find myself thinking the same thing after reading one of your posts, this guy has a clarity of thinking I wish I had.:good!:

I'll take the opposite view, except I think the Miles brand of football will outlast Meyer's cheap gimmicks.

The game this week and the recruiting classes this year will determine a good bit about how the future of both programs and both careers unfold.

meyer.jpg

Needless to say, I'm pulling hard for LSU as most Vols fans will, except for the extreme Fulmer haters who will be pulling for Georgia and Florida. If I thought they were anything more than a very few deranged individuals, I would take everything orange that I have and burn it, and I've been an avid Vol since 1951 and I remember the moment well, like a line from 'sounds of silence', "and the vision that was planted in my brain still remains."

As Mr. T says; "pity the fools!"

I always find myself thinking the same thing after reading one of your posts, this guy has a clarity of thinking I wish I had.:good!:

The clarity of expression is extremely good but I still think his thinking can be at times clouded because of the influences of some rather fuzzy thinking by sources to which we are all subject at one time or another.

come again?

Excuse me. I THINK they're both kind of overrated.

That doesn't mean they aren't good, but I'll be interested to see what kind of sustained success they can have. They both inherited great situations at their schools. But everything Meyer touches turns to gold, so I have to give him an edge.

Don't know. Both came into ready made programs. They both won championships with teams that were built by the coaches that were before them so difficult call.

Nick Saban left Miles a much better situation IMO.

Saban had a system and Miles can in and changed it altering certain players into different roles. You act like Saban left Miles an NFL team, Zook left Urban with Athletes, and Urban used them better than Miles used the players left by Saban. WE can debate all day, but Zook has out recruited Saban when both have been associated with the Big 10 Conference, and it is debatable when both have coached in the SEC. Also remember Zook was recruiting coordinator for Spurrier before Saban was at LSU.

How come?
Don't be fooled by OSU the last 2 years. They have been down, but the Big 10 has been worse than ever, so their record looked like it had when they were better. I think the 2006 team was actually very good, but Florida played perfectly that day. Some of those OSU teams were actually very good. They will get back to winning the big games.

Zook and Saban's Big 10 recruiting is irrelevant when discussing who left who in a better situation.

Last edited:
I think we saw what LSU really thought of Miles when they allowed him to talk with Michigan while prepping for the national championship. Did anyone else think that was really strange?

VN Store

Back