Where were you? - September 11, 2001

I like many others here were adults on 9/11, and I never really before thought much about the difference in how adults and kids view events. Yes, I understood my son was upset in a different way than me; but I shun psychology, psychologists, and all they stand for; so it was a "noted" and move on kind of thing. Your comment brought back a typical HS day when a pep rally turned into an assembly. That day was November 22, 1963, and our principal announced the assassination of President Kennedy. There are many events that I don't remember about that day, but that moment in time is etched into my memory ... and now how people process and are more impressionable at different times in their lives.

Appreciate the post. That's so crazy to me. I couldn't imagine the impact that news had on your assembly. One of those shock value moments that are surreal. I look back and realize that I was scared in that moment, but only because my parents were. I didn't fully understand what was going on. If something like that happened today it would be one of those stomach dropping moments that fill you with dread. As awful as 9/11 was it really brought out the best in our country though. I remember singing American themed songs for music programs after 9/11 and all the praise cops and firefighters received. They were such badasses. Now you turn on the news, and we hate ourselves, everyone hates police, America is awful. Not even sure a catastrophe event could unite us at this point.

All politicians are garbage. Trump is garbage, the dems are garbage. All we have is each other yet we are too busy arguing amongst one another over which criminal is better than the other. It’s what they want.

Amen, it is what I have been preaching for long time.
The world, and especially America, is run by evil and corrupt people. If you study the entire world's history, and not what they try to teach us, follow the money, and the 13 families family trees, it will explain a lot about what is going on today.
Call me a nut or conspiracy theorist if you like, but first study the 13 families that control everything.

Attachments

• 13 Families.jpg
    13 Families.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: BisonVol
The greatest test of unity is whether or not we can look at people of opposing views and peacefully agree to disagree. After the tragedy of 9/11, we passed that test with flying colors. Your skin color didn't matter. Your religious beliefs didn't matter. It didn't matter what political party you aligned with. We all stood united as proud citizens of the United States of America first and foremost. That's what mattered most, just as it should.

19 years later, we fail that same test miserably. Millions of Americans on both sides of the political spectrum have fully embraced the idea of "if you're not with me, then you're my enemy." The Denver Broncos were even brash enough to put it on the back of t shirts and proudly tweet about it. There's no better way to create division than to embrace and enforce this mindset.

Ask yourselves, how long can America survive if we continue down this road? How long can we last if we continue to foolishly follow where the divisive politicians and even more divisive media lead us? The answer isn't promising.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
You may be right about the blend theory. Certainly possible.

Would be best if the sources came forward and relayed exactly what he said.
It’s the same as media stating he said “all Mexicans are racists” or “nazis are very fine people”. They simply obfuscate what was actually said and make a narrative that’s factually incorrect

Reactions: AM64
I was teaching. The administrators went around pulling two or three teachers into the hallway at a time to tell them, I remember them saying this............"Planes have been flown into both Twin Towers, they are currently burning, they think it is probably terrorists, do not tell the students what has happened and make sure they are not on their phones."
I then went pack into a classroom full of students and tried to process the news while continuing to teach as if nothing was going on. Students quickly started being checked out, rumors started spreading (I overheard one group of kids at lunch saying Atlanta had been bombed), and eventually the administration made an announcement around 1:00 about what had happened. At that point I turned on a TV and watched and discussed the news with the students still remaining at school.
Why wouldn’t you tell the kids? That’s pretty stupid

I teach 5th-8th Social Studies, and on Friday, I plan to focus on the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. Unfortunately, kids today do not have a clue how truly big of an event that was. It’s a day that I can remember every single thing that happened, from the weather to where I was when I found out.

Where were you on September 11, 2001? What were you doing?

Sitting in a work office when we got the news about the first tower.

VN Store

Back