Where were you? - September 11, 2001

I think the "suckers and losers" thing is a blending of lies and comments taken out of context. The comments on McCain are obviously true in two senses. Trump did actually make them and what Trump said about McCain were true.

You may be right about the blend theory. Certainly possible.

Would be best if the sources came forward and relayed exactly what he said.

I was in elementary school, and a teacher came in to our class. She whispered something to our teacher who immediately went and grabbed one of those old TVs on a cart they used, with an antenna attached. Turned on some garbage quality network. We watched until the 1st tower fell, and then the school started to let out. Got home and watched the rest with my parents. I was only 9, but 9/11 is so surreal it is still seared into my brain.

Reactions: AM64
Trump is the one with greed, ego, and contempt in his heart. At one time or another, if a person or group does not pledge undying fealty to him, he retaliates with vindictiveness way out of proportion.

I understand and agree, but you are not going to change that. Just don't let it consume you.
Politics did consume me at one time, and it started to affect relationships with family and friends. Soon I discovered I did not change anyone's way of thinking, and that I was the one mostly frustrated.

6th grade. In our first class after home room. Then everyone was moved back to their home room. I just remember going home and my dad was watching it on TV, telling me how some Palestinians were handing out candy to kids and celebrating.

Woke up between hits to the tower. Saw the second one. Sat on the couch all day in disbelief. Had to teach class the next day but couldn't do it. It seemed so trivial compared to what had happened and the implications. We talked about it a bit but basically just cancelled class.

Was living in Phoenix at the time and have to say that WS was one of the most surreal sports moments I've ever experienced. We watched game 7 outside BOB and it felt like the whole city was there. I've been to many louder games but never one that felt so emotional, for both sides

Reactions: AM64 and tntar heel
To return to the original question I was home when the first plane hit and was watching CNBC. At first reported as a small plane hit and showed some smoke. Seemed minor. I remember thinking, how could that happen? Clear blue skies, how did he accidentally hit a building?

By the time I got where I was going it was clear what was going on. People were just in shock.

Reactions: OldVolMan
To return to the original question I was home when the first plane hit and was watching CNBC. At first reported as a small plane hit and showed some smoke. Seemed minor. I remember thinking, how could that happen? Clear blue skies, how did he accidentally hit a building?

By the time I got where I was going it was clear what was going on. People were just in shock.
CNBC spreading fake news....small plane. You still watch them?

I was teaching. The administrators went around pulling two or three teachers into the hallway at a time to tell them, I remember them saying this............"Planes have been flown into both Twin Towers, they are currently burning, they think it is probably terrorists, do not tell the students what has happened and make sure they are not on their phones."
I then went pack into a classroom full of students and tried to process the news while continuing to teach as if nothing was going on. Students quickly started being checked out, rumors started spreading (I overheard one group of kids at lunch saying Atlanta had been bombed), and eventually the administration made an announcement around 1:00 about what had happened. At that point I turned on a TV and watched and discussed the news with the students still remaining at school.

I was in elementary school, and a teacher came in to our class. She whispered something to our teacher who immediately went and grabbed one of those old TVs on a cart they used, with an antenna attached. Turned on some garbage quality network. We watched until the 1st tower fell, and then the school started to let out. Got home and watched the rest with my parents. I was only 9, but 9/11 is so surreal it is still seared into my brain.

I like many others here were adults on 9/11, and I never really before thought much about the difference in how adults and kids view events. Yes, I understood my son was upset in a different way than me; but I shun psychology, psychologists, and all they stand for; so it was a "noted" and move on kind of thing. Your comment brought back a typical HS day when a pep rally turned into an assembly. That day was November 22, 1963, and our principal announced the assassination of President Kennedy. There are many events that I don't remember about that day, but that moment in time is etched into my memory ... and now how people process and are more impressionable at different times in their lives.

Meh, look at all of the ways those feelings were turned against us over the last 19 years.

I think I should start a 9/10 movement or holiday, because we will probably never get back what we lost after 9/11.

I agree with this.

The same is true after Covid. The precedent has been set and the people compiled eagerly.

Reactions: ajvol01

VN Store

Back