Where were you? - September 11, 2001

Any photos of WTC 7 debris field?

Just curious how it would compare.

Here is one view with WTC7 at the top. It was wedged between two other buildings which would limit debris to the left or right, but you can see that debris even exceeded it's footprint to the top and bottom of the photo. If you watch the strike of WTC2, you can see some large debris flying out of the opposing side from the strike in the direction of WTC7. Then look closely at the collapse of each tower. There is massive debris peeling away and falling considerably outside of the footprint of each respective tower. This would have caused significant damage to the surrounding area. Google WTC6 and look at the damage sustained there. There were several buildings in the vicinity that were destroyed. Some of which were not associated with WTC or the port authority. Only two were hit by planes.

1200px-World_Trade_Center_Site_After_9-11_Attacks_With_Original_Building_Locations.jpg

You seem to not want to answer questions, yet you clearly enjoy decrying what others claim to be fact while spouting utter nonsense yourself. It's one thing to question events. It's quite another to be so obtuse that you can only question and ridicule the beliefs or thoughts of others while offering no complete opinion or thoughts on such a widely viewed event. You continue to claim three buildings fell within their footprint in a manner consistent with controlled demolition.

Here is the debris field of the Bank of Lisbon tower after being demolished in Johannesburg.

View attachment 306529

Here is the debris field at ground zero.
View attachment 306530

Those squares denote the footprint and are more than 200' on each side for scale. Anyone who thinks those buildings fell within their respective footprints is either a damn fool or intellectually dishonest.
You do know that the volume of 100+ floors of buildings will eventually have to spread, right? I didn't think I needed to explain that to most people. Yes, the buildings fell straight down, the videos prove this. Once they reached the bottom, the material then spread out over the area.

You do know that the volume of 100+ floors of buildings will eventually have to spread, right? I didn't think I needed to explain that to most people. Yes, the buildings fell straight down, the videos prove this. Once they reached the bottom, the material then spread out over the area.

You don't have anything to explain to anyone. You just want to throw **** at passers-by.

unnamed.jpg

Look at all that debris fAlLiNg In ItS oWn FoOtPrInT.

Hell, you can see the corner of the building through the smoke and dust hanging close to a hundred feet outside of it's footprint. What looks like splinters and shards are structural members dwarfed by a building that was an acre of real estate on each floor. The building was not even 7 times in height as it's width and depth. It wasn't going to fall over like a tree.

Reactions: NashVol11
Pretty much. Outside of that one corner, the other 95% of the building fell straight down. The video evidence proves it.

These two things are exactly alike,

Other than one video shows a planned demolition resulting in a collapse of a building so clean that one can observe the building falling neatly into it's own footprint without even generating enough dust to obstruct the view until it hits the ground.

The other video shows a building that caught and held an airplane weighing about a 1/4 of a million pounds and burned for an hour before yielding and collapsing onto itself and propelling debris hundreds of feet away from its own footprint and generating a dust cloud three times the width of the building that obstructed the view as each floor collapsed into the next all the way to the ground.

Aside from that, they're exactly the same.

Reactions: NashVol11
These two things are exactly alike,

Other than one video shows a planned demolition resulting in a collapse of a building so clean that one can observe the building falling neatly into it's own footprint without even generating enough dust to obstruct the view until it hits the ground.

The other video shows a building that caught and held an airplane weighing about a 1/4 of a million pounds and burned for an hour before yielding and collapsing onto itself and propelling debris hundreds of feet away from its own footprint and generating a dust cloud three times the width of the building that obstructed the view as each floor collapsed into the next all the way to the ground.

Aside from that, they're exactly the same.

Why was the Bank of Lisbon Building demolished?

Ras, I think you're going to have to wait for the next two 100+ story buildings to get hit by wide body airplanes to prove your point. Sorry buddy, but neither of us will live that long.

Because it caught fire. They did, however, have the good fortune of being able to plan and execute a controlled demolition to cleanly bring the building down within it's own footprint rather than have a 250k lb plane filled with jet fuel fly into it, thus weakening the structural integrity of the tower by slicing through multiple floors and exploding on impact before collapsing and hurling debris across an area multiple times the size of it's own footprint while generating a mushroom cloud of dust and debris that obstructed the view of the collapse. So at least they had that going for them.

I’m referring to If we could have made it into a top four selected by Committee after our LSU loss. I think that it was possible, perhaps not probable though
There's no way in the world Tennessee would have been in a 4-team playoff after losing the SECCG to LSU. They fell back to 8th in the AP Poll after that loss - I know the AP Poll and CFP ranking are different things, but there wouldn't have been that big of a discrepancy.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
Because it caught fire. They did, however, have the good fortune of being able to plan and execute a controlled demolition to cleanly bring the building down within it's own footprint rather than have a 250k lb plane filled with jet fuel fly into it, thus weakening the structural integrity of the tower by slicing through multiple floors and exploding on impact before collapsing and hurling debris across an area multiple times the size of it's own footprint while generating a mushroom cloud of dust and debris that obstructed the view of the collapse. So at least they had that going for them.

And it stood there a year before they had to demolish it. Interesting.

Also, lets assume that the weight of the planes did play a factor in WTC 1 & 2 collapsing (it really didn't because the buildings were designed to withstand the impact, which is why they didn't fall on impact, but I digress...)

No planes hit WTC 7...

Also, lets assume that the weight of the planes did play a factor in WTC 1 & 2 collapsing (it really didn't because the buildings were designed to withstand the impact, which is why they didn't fall on impact, but I digress...)

No planes hit WTC 7...
Come on Ras

It's not really interesting. There are many buildings that have suffered structure fires and stood for a long time after. The common denominator in all of them is that they didn't get hit by a wide body jet full of fuel causing a massive explosion and ripping through multiple floors at once. Interesting.

Also, lets assume that the weight of the planes did play a factor in WTC 1 & 2 collapsing (it really didn't because the buildings were designed to withstand the impact, which is why they didn't fall on impact, but I digress...

It wasn't designed in the 1960s for the impact and ensuing explosion of a jet that originated in the 1980s. You can calculate the mass and speed differentials of a 1960s aircraft with those of a 1980s aircraft and equate force of impact, but the differential in the payload of fuel capacity were not accounted for in the original design. The planes that hit the towers carried twice the fuel of common planes in the 1960s. (It's funny that you see this as a digression when it was actually you still throwing ****).

No planes hit WTC 7...

What did hit WTC7?
unnamed.jpg

What hit the Deutsche Bank bldg?

220px-FEMA_-_4019_-_Photograph_by_Michael_Rieger_taken_on_09-21-2001_in_New_York.jpg

What hit WTC6?

25ztJG8r786z82vRasUayh-1200-80.jpg

What hit St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church?

St.-Nicholas-Church-119.jpg

nO pLaNeS hIt ThEm, AnD tHe ToWeRs FeLl In ThEiR oWn FoOtPrInT.

90 days away from the 20th anniversary and we will probably still have troops in Afghanistan rolling out by then.

I teach 5th-8th Social Studies, and on Friday, I plan to focus on the September 11, 2001 terror attacks. Unfortunately, kids today do not have a clue how truly big of an event that was. It’s a day that I can remember every single thing that happened, from the weather to where I was when I found out.

Where were you on September 11, 2001? What were you doing?
walking to class in the Art building on UT campus. It was eerily silent when I got there.

at work in the neighborhood nuclear plant....things got a little puckered

Might want to get your RAD report and get them looked at. Of course I am old, so mine are always puckered. Like a freightened turtle.

VN Store

Back