Votes: 436 36.9%
  • Don't count me, I'm a fan of a team other than the Vols

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Outside the state -- SPECIFICALLY, Atlanta Metro area

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Not only outside the state of Tennessee, but outside the U.S. entirely

Votes: 6 0.5%

• Total voters
Northeast Georgia, little town called demorest. Bout 45 minutes from Athens, 20 from Gainesville.

Know Demorest very well.. Sits on 441, south of 115 to Clarksville. Griffin by birth and for the next 31 years, Hartwell for 16 years. Commuted to Cleveland for a bit. Been to those ball fields over in Mt. Airy. Live in Cookeville, TN for 5 yrs now.

Know Demorest very well.. Sits on 441, south of 115 to Clarksville. Griffin by birth and for the next 31 years, Hartwell for 16 years. Commuted to Cleveland for a bit. Been to those ball fields over in Mt. Airy. Live in Cookeville, TN for 5 yrs now.
I like it down here, other than the dawg fans 🤣

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga

Yeah nice area, although Hartwell was not my favorite place. If we had not moved up here to the farm, we probably would have moved up around Cleveland area. Preferably some where easily accessible to Frogtown, Wolf Mountain, and Monte Luce wineries. lol. Our Freudenberg-NOK salaried xmas lunch treat was at Monte Luce (we were told before hand not to go back to plant). I had a few glassfuls.

Reactions: joevol33

IIRC, Demorest and Baldwin only maybe 5 miles apart. Don't know if still open, but I checked out a job at a textile plant there in Baldwin one time. Come from the north into Baldwin and turn up the hill to the right kinda near the airport.

Our GM's son (When I was at the textile plant in Hartwell) I kinda hung out with him till he side winded me professionally, played basketball at Piedmont.

I've often wondered what percentage of the folks in this forum live around Knoxville. Or anywhere in the state.

So here's a chance to nail it down a little.

For those of you who are not Vols fans, happy to have you here, but please pass on this poll. The vast majority of you live outside Tennessee, and you'd throw off the profile. Thanks.

Go Vols!

p.s. and EDIT: synthesizing results -- I'll update this if the percentages change significantly --

1. About 10% of us (32 of 308) actually live in the Knoxville area. So we're mostly not a Knoxville crowd. That's perhaps surprising, to some here.

2. Almost two-thirds of us (190 of 308, 62%) currently live in Tennessee. That seems about right, actually.

3. Among those of us who do live in state, we're split 16% west, 34% central, 50% east. That's interesting.
Live in Ocala Fl
Amongst the gator herd

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
IIRC, Demorest and Baldwin only maybe 5 miles apart. Don't know if still open, but I checked out a job at a textile plant there in Baldwin one time. Come from the north into Baldwin and turn up the hill to the right kinda near the airport.

Our GM's son (When I was at the textile plant in Hartwell) I kinda hung out with him till he side winded me professionally, played basketball at Piedmont.
I think lumite, actually went by another name for a while, has something over there. That's actually what I do, I'm a loom fixer at a textile place here. Our company is pretty good, and best paying thankfully😄

Would've been interesting to have had the Atlanta metro in this poll, as well. I suspect it's probably the 3rd largest source of people to VN (behind Knoxville and Nashville), but no clue what % it would be.
There's a lot of Vols here in Georgia, but for some reason I'm the only one these goobers call a dawg fan!!

VN Store

Back