When we win: Storm the field? Yes or no.

Can't be, they are a loose collection of people without centralization or leadership. So there's no conforming uniform for them to wear. Just saying as an informed guy who doesn't cotton to hearsay. Actually, I think your comment is darn funny. Even now, I imagine field-stormers running out on the field and splattering Ga players, coaches, and cheerleaders with mustard. We'd catch it big time from the media, SEC, NCAA, sports writers/commentors, and maybe even the Russo-Chinese alliance. But it would still be a hilarious sight. So much so, I'm almost in favor of doing that. Maybe with a few shots of Jack Daniel's Rye, I'd get rid of the almost. CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 410688
Just imagine the air of confidence surrounding you and your buddies as each of you enter the stadium with 30 mustard bombs strapped to your chest !!!

Just imagine the air of confidence surrounding you and your buddies as each of you enter the stadium with 30 mustard bombs strapped to your chest !!!
Don't forget, this started with streaking while they stormed the field. So at some point they wouldn't be wearing anything but the mustard bandolier.

No. I don’t believe one of the best programs, historically, should storm the field for beating one of its peers. While GA is really good, I’d prefer to act like we’ve been there before, because we have. Winning should be the normal expectation. But if y’all want to storm the field, well….hell, I’ll bring my mustard with me and lead the way!!

From the student section after the 98 Florida game, your options were to go to the field or get trampled. It was an incredible memory though, and by sharing that memory with fellow Vols I’ve met probably 27 different people who “rode the goal post as it was carried out of the stadium.”

This “act like you’ve been there before” fun police thing is comical to me. You literally have to be about 25 years old to remember a time when we were nationally relevant and beating top 10 teams. You have to be about 45 to remember the last time we beat #1.

This “act like you’ve been there before” fun police thing is comical to me. You literally have to be about 25 years old to remember a time when we were nationally relevant and beating top 10 teams. You have to be about 45 to remember the last time we beat #1.

It's like they don't realize that 95% of people who storm the field are college students. They don't care about any of the "act like you've been there" logic. They've literally never seen us relevant.

Reactions: RhodesVol
I always say act like you've been there before. So no in that case. It is the number 1 team and we've been bad for 13 years in a row, so I wouldn't be mad.

It's like they don't realize that 95% of people who storm the field are college students. They don't care about any of the "act like you've been there" logic. They've literally never seen us relevant.
Exactly… it’s old guys imposing logic that college kids can’t slightly relate to.

The "act like you've been there before" folks don't seem to remember it would not be the first time we stormed the field at Neyland OR tore down the goal posts if we were to win Saturday. It's just been so long since we have wanted to, it seems like forever.

I wouldn't, but I'm not going to whine if others want to.

Reactions: RhodesVol
We should storm the field if we score more than 28 points. Regardless of the final score.
I love my Vols but we lose this game big
42-3
42-7
High mark is 10 points

Never. Tennessee should never storm the field given our history we are too historic in football to ever do this
I agree with you but the problem is most of the students weren’t born when we were in our heyday in the late 90’s and don’t know the history before that either. All they’ve seen is disappointment. If the impossible happened, you can bet your rear end they’ll storm the field.

Reactions: jarnol32
Seems like we have this exact discussion once per year at least and after some twisted panties and arguing , it never matters in the end.

This all day. We have multiple generations of Tennessee fans who've grown up having NEVER "been there before." Let them rush the field. Let them enjoy it. Tennessee has been MEDIOCRE for almost two decades now. If we're winning big games, it IS a big deal. Swallow the damn pride already. Reward the players for buying in. Reward the fans for sticking with Tennessee through thick and thin. Reward the students for showing up and showing out when their team needed them. And have a little fun with it, for crying out loud. Rushing the field doesn't tarnish Tennessee's history -- certainly not any more than the last twenty years of irrelevance have.

And furthermore, it's not like rushing the field is just some foreign exercise, it used to happen every so often up until the SEC got a stick up it's butt and saw an opportunity to complain about "player safety" as an excuse to collect more money for the conference budget. Then it became this big huge "oh they're gonna take 250,000 dollars from them" news cycle item for people to ramble on about.

Last edited:
Come on man. Behave like you have been there before and expect to be there again. It has certainly been a long time since Tennessee has beaten a #1; however, we have 6 claimed nattys. UGA has one. NOT storming the field would show class in a way we have not in recent years. We're historically a far superior brand, act like it.
UGA has named NC 6x but only claims the consensus titles like UT did before recently. UGA and UT history are similar. 2 consensus NC, tied for 2nd in SEC titles, 6 wins separate all time wins, almost tied record vs each other, etc.

The "act like you've been there before" folks don't seem to remember it would not be the first time we stormed the field at Neyland OR tore down the goal posts if we were to win Saturday. It's just been so long since we have wanted to, it seems like forever.

I wouldn't, but I'm not going to whine if others want to.
When was the last time

Don't storm the field..... it's just Georgia.

*IMO, Georgia will choke and we'll win Saturday

VN Store

Back