When we win: Storm the field? Yes or no.

We haven’t beaten an AP No. 1 team since, what, 1985? We’re coming out of our worst 15 years in program history, and this is the first year for a new coaching regime. By that logic, this would be the biggest win in nearly 40 years.

If you win this game, storm the field and then celebrate all night long.

Storming the field, like everything else, has a tasteful way to go and a not so tasteful way.
When we beat the number one team, go to the field, congratulate each other, revel with the players, and after a few minutes disperse...no need for turf picking or goal post removal.

Reactions: RhodesVol
You don’t plan these sort of things, but I imagine if it happens it’ll be in dramatic fashion and storming the field will inevitably occur. We won three games last year, UGA is undefeated #1 and has crushed every team they’ve faced this year. It would be a huge win.

It’s their culture to lose games they are supposed to win. They do that at least once a year.
Smart can’t get it done. The longer he stays the longer they will be kept from winning another NC. They will probably keep him another 10 years getting close. It’s in their DNA.
There’s a 99% chance it’ll be the SEC championship game vs Bama, not this game vs us.

There are three scenarios right now that would qualify for field-storming.

(1) Beating Alabama. Full stop. 14 years. Doesn't matter who's ranked what. If we beat Alabama, everyone must immediately proceed to the field. Do not ask for permission. You will not need it. Proceed to the field, and optionally, smoke 'em if you got 'em.

(2) An unranked or heavy underdog Tennessee team beating a visiting #1 team.

(3) An unranked or underdog Tennessee team beating a visiting #1 / #2 ranked team on a huge "Dobbs heaves it" kind of final play or drive. This can also be thought of as the "Kick Six" scenario.

Those are the acceptable scenarios.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
I can remember several occasions with Dooley Jones and Pruitt that I thought fans should storm the field.

However, it was not for positive reasons. And had that happened? This fan base would be seen as insane.

Nah ... UF in 16’ was bigger, we’ve beaten the Dawgs our fair share after 98”, the Gators ... not so much.

We are 7-15 against Georgia since 1998, and this is easily the best Georgia team we will have played since then.

By contrast, we were 3-14 against Florida in 2016 since 1998.

Personally, even though it doesn’t snap some double digit streak, this would still be a bigger win.

Not saying I think we'll even play with Georgia for 3 qtrs much less beat them, but if we somehow did, to me the best possible thing we could do would be nothing . Act like it was no big deal. That'd be amazing if the fans and players just low key cheered like it was Tennessee Tech or something and walked out like business as usual.

Come on man. Behave like you have been there before and expect to be there again. It has certainly been a long time since Tennessee has beaten a #1; however, we have 6 claimed nattys. UGA has one. NOT storming the field would show class in a way we have not in recent years. We're historically a far superior brand, act like it.
. Normally I would agree with you. But it has been so long since we’ve “been there”, I’ve almost forgotten where “there” is. I really doubt that we even stay close to them. (Nobody else has.) But if a fluke happened, I wouldn’t blame folks for hitting the field.

. Normally I would agree with you. But it has been so long since we’ve “been there”, I’ve almost forgotten where “there” is. I really doubt that we even stay close to them. (Nobody else has.) But if a fluke happened, I wouldn’t blame folks for hitting the field.
Well Delmar, don't get "loved up on" and you'll be just fine :)

EDIT: 1 of my favorite movies EVER!

Reactions: Delmar
I wouldn't give UGA, BAMA, or UF the satisfaction of storming the field. We should have more pride than that. It makes us look desperate.
As much as it would mean to the program we should not act like we are Appy State beating Michigan.

With that said, I was there in 82 when we beat BAMA. Field stormed, goal posts down.
I'm much older now and view it differently.
I'm sure the student section will not think twice about it if we were to win.

Well Delmar, don't get "loved up on" and you'll be just fine :)

EDIT: 1 of my favorite movies EVER!
“The preacher said I wuz saved from all my sins—including that Piggly Wiggly I knocked over in Yazoo!”

Reactions: Tman44
If we beat them on a last second field goal I guess we can but if we dominate them like 56-0 as I expect us to then I may just golf clap.

Reactions: jimed1
I e said it before and I’ll say it again if we storm the field I will be setting up a go fund me to help the university pay for it.

Reactions: Ampman
No. We take a nice long calm look at the situation after the final horn. Then calmly and quietly walk out of Neyland Stadium. Appear exactly as calm cool and collected as Eric Berry the immediate moments after he clocked Knowshon Moreno.

VN Store

Back