When Saban retires, what would CJP do if Bama called

1. Stay here and build a legacy

2. Leave for Bama

3. Or follow the guy who follows Saban
4. Call Rick Barnes for salary increase advice.

Your thoughts please also this is contingent on Pruitt doing well here and salary offers are roughly equal.

Bama won’t call. Not until Pruitt shows he can build/win/sustain. He hasn’t come close to showing that yet.

Reactions: vettefool
Until we're competing with the likes of Bama, Georgia, and Clemson, he's not going anywhere. Probably going to take another 5yrs at least, and that's IF Pruitts the guy. I'd lean more towards Kirby, Jimbo, or an NFL guy getting the nod before Pruitt.

3464C880-6882-4D67-9042-B1B867062B11.jpegIf he cant prove his salt here then why would bama fans want him.
I think his future is here until he proves he is HC ready.

1. Stay here and build a legacy

2. Leave for Bama

3. Or follow the guy who follows Saban

Your thoughts please also this is contingent on Pruitt doing well here and salary offers are roughly equal.

Keep on beating Bama

We won't have to worry about JP running home to Bama; the Dark Lord had a hip replacement and is part cyborg now. He'll probably coach for another 30 years or so.

Reactions: volgrad500
You know, secretly, deep down inside... Butch is pining for that job.. ptcarter whispers, "please don't tell him"..

Not in basketball, Not when you are a sweet 16 coach. And not when you have 1 conference tourney in 30th years of coaching.

Cal is not worth 9 million, I will add.
Jeremy Pruitt would take the Alabama head coaching job in a New York Minute

New York Minute Eh?

I need the numbers for the Florida lottery since I'm closer to Fl than Tn, but then again I'm rather close to Ga also.... Oh yeah.... Power Ball would be nice too! You have no more insight into what he would or would not do as my 15 month old granddaughter does. If Bama was to call on him that means UT is back... he built it, and as we have seen with AD CPF he will pay to keep him. Funny how others have alluded that CDS wouldn't leave Clemson because he built it but seem to think CJP would drop us like a hot potato but then again this whole topic has been discussed until it's not worth the time to respond to but I got suckered in by your immature fact less comment.

Off season is always the worse!

New York Minute Eh?

I need the numbers for the Florida lottery since I'm closer to Fl than Tn, but then again I'm rather close to Ga also.... Oh yeah.... Power Ball would be nice too! You have no more insight into what he would or would or would not do as my 15 month old granddaughter does. If Bama was to call on him that means UT is back... he built it, and as we have seen with AD CPF he will pay to keep him. Funny how others have alluded that CDS wouldn't leave Clemson because he built it but seem to think CJP would drop us like a hot potato but then again this whole topic has been discussed until it's not worth the time to respond to but I got suckered in by your immature fact less comment.

Over season is always the worse!
Wow,what a jerk:rolleyes:

Just got 93 million, for ten years, at Clemson. Safe to say, he isn't going anywhere. So, if CJP does very well(And I think he will), Bama is more likely to come calling, when Saban hangs up his whistle. Thoughts?

I don't think Bama will hire a guy simply because he used to play/coach there. They will go after whomever they think the best coach in the country is. If that happens to be CJP, then most likely UT will be in a very, very good place. IMO.

Reactions: kbear01
I don't think Bama will hire a guy simply because he used to play/coach there. They will go after whomever they think the best coach in the country is. If that happens to be CJP, then most likely UT will be in a very, very good place. IMO.

Right. Saban is from WV and went to Kent State and never coached at Alabama until he was hired as HC.

Am I wrong, for not being worried? If he does well enough, to get Bama's attention, then we will be in a great place. Is there any chance that CJP would stay? Would $$$ keep him here? Providing we can even compete, monetarily, with Bama Football. Alabama is his Alma Mater. Returning home, to the most storied program in the country(Other than Notre Dame), would be hard to resist, for any former member of the Tide. There would be no hard feelings, from me.

Reactions: SDV

VN Store

Back