When Saban retires, what would CJP do if Bama called

They hired some real duds and coke heads but they didn’t scrape the la tech bottom of the barrel.

I dunno, at least Dooley did get commitments. I don't think Price ever achieved that, unless you count the woman in his room after the strip club visit.

Reactions: butchna
Actually, if Pruitt is successful here here like Dabo is at Clemson why is it Dabo wont leave what he has built but Pruitt will leave what he built? That's what I understand some of these responses are saying. They both have Alabama blood so what's the big difference? Seriously wanting to know.
By the way,,I've given up on Saban retiring or anything for a long time. He will coach forever with our luck.lol

Dabo has a loaded team. His backup QB would likely start at most SEC schools.
If Trevor Lawrence stays healthy, their offense may be even better than last season.

Their D will be fine, especially if Niles Pinkney is healthy and Kendrick switches to cornerback, as is likely. They have really good defensive ends and a solid linebacking corps.

With Ngata and Ladson joining the receiving corps, they will have a very explosive passing game, even with Amari hurt.

Etienne, Feaster, and Dixon are one of the best RB combos in the country.

If the Tigers win it all even one more time, Dabo probably stays at Clemson and retires in his current lake house.

Anyone think Sark replaces Saban over Pruitt? Better yet, Botch Jones should replace him.

Remember when everyone was worried about Butch leaving for Michigan?

Maybe we should just wait and see.

And Dooley was going to GA. If Pruitt is killing it, he ain't going anywhere. If he's not killing it, bama won't come calling.

I get going home and all that, but following a legend usually doesn't work out. If he is doing so good at TN that bama wants him, he will be making a ton of money and making his own name for himself. What's the motivation unless he likes Tuscaloosa that much better than Knoxville.

Same conference and exposure. Same opportunity to win Natty's, why would he leave.

Are New York minutes shorter or longer than standard minutes?

NY minute is shorter than standard minutes

Exactly what time period is “Waller Go”. Minutes, hours, days?

What time line is the word “Fiddin ta”. Minutes, hours or days

Who is “Y’all”. Everyone in that general area? Or anyone who fits the mold of the current conversation?

1. Stay here and build a legacy

2. Leave for Bama

3. Or follow the guy who follows Saban

Your thoughts please also this is contingent on Pruitt doing well here and salary offers are roughly equal.

It would be great if Pruitt recommended Butch Jones for the Bama job.

He quite possibly could leave. And in that scenario he would almost certainly be leaving behind a winning program.

If Fulmer is still here, we shell out big bucks for a proven coach to come in and continue success.

If Fulmer isn't here and it's some Haslam cronie like Currie, God help us all.

Reactions: matt1107
If Pruitt has enough success here where Bama wants him, he might have different opinions of Tennessee by then. The first coach we get to win big will be embraced like no other in Knoxville

I am not a believer in Pruitt. We were desperate for a hire and I decided to be open minded
I think he can get us to a 10 win season but won’t get us to SEC or National Championship
Some coaches have the killer instinct. He doesnt
Example: Saban replaced a proven an in critical game for a less proven player because he wanted to win the game. That tactic worked
Pruitt on the other hand, could have won the South Carolina game last year If we had even 1 less qb sack. We beat USC & we go bowling
Pruitt kept JG in game the entire time and he kept getting sacked or ran for his life. Keller would have released the ball quicker and not been sacked. More completions We win the game
Pruitt May want to win but not enough to make the hard decisions. This is why we stay at 10 win seasons
Spurrier made gutsy calls & so did Saban. They won championships

Did Saban and Spurrier make those types of decisions their first year as HC? I'd bet Pruitt does after10-12 years, a handful of SEC Championships and a couple of National Championships. If he doesn't, get back to me and I'll admit I was wrong.

I think Tee’s being built up to be the successor. Backup plan Derrick Ansley. All IF Pruitt leaves for Bama. He won’t leave for another job imo.
I think it is hard to say anyone is being built up as a successor right now.

The catch 22 I always had with Pruitt being the hire was that what if he leaves us for Bama post Saban? I say this assuming that Dabo says no, Bama freaking out and making a huge offer to Kirby to try to get him to leave UGA only for him to say no.... If you're Bama and you have Pruitt has done well at Tennessee (a few SEC title game appearances, maybe a playoff berth) in 4-5 years, or whenever Saban retires, what would be better than stealing a Bama alum from your rival that is on the uppity up?

With that said if Bama is poaching our coach, that means Pruitt will have been a massive success. Regardless of the fact, I think Fulmer's final two (Pruitt and Mel Tucker) were solid candidates. My preference was Tucker just because of the Pruitt-Bama angle.

I think there is no significant reason that Pruitt would stay at Tennessee just because he built the program his way over getting a chance to go home. I won't hold that against him because if we were in the same boat to still a Tennessee Alum coaching at Bama, we'd all be stoked to do it.

Fact of the matter is that Pruitt's only shot at Bama means he has to win here and have Dabo, Kirby, and maybe someone else say no... I think his only route to Bama is winning and being the 3rd or 4th option.....

With that said, I think the combo of Pruitt and Chaney is helpful for not just Tee as you mentioned, but Ansley as well.

Reactions: tbh
I think it is hard to say anyone is being built up as a successor right now.

The catch 22 I always had with Pruitt being the hire was that what if he leaves us for Bama post Saban? I say this assuming that Dabo says no, Bama freaking out and making a huge offer to Kirby to try to get him to leave UGA only for him to say no.... If you're Bama and you have Pruitt has done well at Tennessee (a few SEC title game appearances, maybe a playoff berth) in 4-5 years, or whenever Saban retires, what would be better than stealing a Bama alum from your rival that is on the uppity up?

With that said if Bama is poaching our coach, that means Pruitt will have been a massive success. Regardless of the fact, I think Fulmer's final two (Pruitt and Mel Tucker) were solid candidates. My preference was Tucker just because of the Pruitt-Bama angle.

I think there is no significant reason that Pruitt would stay at Tennessee just because he built the program his way over getting a chance to go home. I won't hold that against him because if we were in the same boat to still a Tennessee Alum coaching at Bama, we'd all be stoked to do it.

Fact of the matter is that Pruitt's only shot at Bama means he has to win here and have Dabo, Kirby, and maybe someone else say no... I think his only route to Bama is winning and being the 3rd or 4th option.....

With that said, I think the combo of Pruitt and Chaney is helpful for not just Tee as you mentioned, but Ansley as well.
Just my personal take. I’m sure Fulmer’s preference is for Pruitt to be a 15+ year mainstay, but his career arc as a HC would have been to pass down to Cut or Randy Sanders. I think it bothered him that he couldn’t sincerely interview Tee for the HC opening. Hiring Tee and expanding his experience in day to day operations could be seen as grooming him as a candidate. And that’s why Tee signed on imo. Ansley is going to be a HC somewhere sooner than later. Always better to have two names already on the payroll.

Hindsight is 20/20. I still don't see them going after Pruitt with less than a decade of HC experience unless he strings together multiple 10+ win seasons at UT, that include wins over Saban.
Agreed. I think it would take winning the SEC for Alabama to even consider Pruitt. He has to win some type of hardware. Just having a couple "good seasons" at Tennessee isn't impressive enough, especially if he never beats Saban in the process.

2. Leave for Bama

Your thoughts please also this is contingent on Pruitt doing well here and salary offers are roughly equal.
Sigh.....

2. Leave for Bama

Honestly, you young whippersnappers won't remember the last time Alabama had to replace a legend. They got rid of the next two followers, even though they did a pretty good job! For those fanatical fans, you have to be far enough away from the retirement date, and somehow will have to have a connection to Saban!

I am not a believer in Pruitt. We were desperate for a hire and I decided to be open minded
I think he can get us to a 10 win season but won’t get us to SEC or National Championship
Some coaches have the killer instinct. He doesnt
Example: Saban replaced a proven an in critical game for a less proven player because he wanted to win the game. That tactic worked
Pruitt on the other hand, could have won the South Carolina game last year If we had even 1 less qb sack. We beat USC & we go bowling
Pruitt kept JG in game the entire time and he kept getting sacked or ran for his life. Keller would have released the ball quicker and not been sacked. More completions We win the game
Pruitt May want to win but not enough to make the hard decisions. This is why we stay at 10 win seasons
Spurrier made gutsy calls & so did Saban. They won championships
Except JG played very well against SC and it isn’t likely KC has us up for most of that game like we were. Hurts was playing horribly and Bama was getting smoked when he made the change. Their offense couldn’t move the ball at all. Against SC our offense scored on more than half the possessions before the last possession so why would he make a QB change at that time? That absolutely makes zero sense.

If Pruitt has enough success here where Bama wants him, he might have different opinions of Tennessee by then. The first coach we get to win big will be embraced like no other in Knoxville

If Tennessee is at full power when Saban leaves I personally dont see why he would unless he just wants to be Bama's coach.

Jeremy Pruitt would take the Alabama head coaching job in a New York Minute

Don't tell the posters over in the Rick Barnes Actually Talked to UCLA thread, or the server comes down w weeping and gnashing of toofs. All our coaches bleed orange and have no business being paid market prices.

Reactions: butchna

VN Store

Back