What was the story with Penix Jr?

The University of Tennessee = The Arkham Institute for the Coaching Criminally Insane.

Didn’t he sign or commit to Tennessee? What was his story? He is starting for Indiana now.
Fox tried to bait him by saying he was recruited by Tennessee. He didn't go with it. Penix simply said something along the lines of he felt Indiana was going to change their culture... Obviously he didn't feel UT was going to be able to change.

Your original statement was the mantra around here was that our defense was bad because of our qb. Yes, we have qb issues a’plenty but he’s not the reason our defense is horrible. It’s a team sport and our team isn’t good.

I agree with you. My point was that some around here want to blame virtually every problem this team has on JG. It’s an erroneous and BS notion.

It has been talked about on multiple threads about how good Guarantano is in practice. But, this isn't unusual is it? Joel Klatt was the starting quarterback for Colorado for three years. I heard him on the radio talking the other day about how he was the fourth best practice quarterback on their team, but live the others crapped the bed and he got better. We have JG the practice all-american and game day zero.

With some coaching and playmakers we could have a dynamic qb on our roster right now in Bailey. It wouldn’t matter if you had Manning on your team right now. Pruitt has no clue what he’s doing. He isn’t going to start anyone but JG. If he’s back as coach he will start JG next year.

Reactions: cgrish
Your original statement was the mantra around here was that our defense was bad because of our qb. Yes, we have qb issues a’plenty but he’s not the reason our defense is horrible. It’s a team sport and our team isn’t good.

Yes it is a team sport, but when your supposedly leader sucks then it literally sucks the life out of the whole team. I think the rest of the team minus qb is good enough to compete with anyone.

Here is the point. Football is a team sport. Penix had a Heisman day. Played outstanding. Yet they lost. Why? The defense let them down. That’s the point.

That's not true.... OSU's offense is unreal and they got out to a 35-7 lead and Indiana came scratching back and held OSU to 4-5 3 and outs . That was really good and they have a good defense. Don't know if OSU went through the motions at that point or not but Indiana is a really good team.

Fox tried to bait him by saying he was recruited by Tennessee. He didn't go with it. Penix simply said something along the lines of he felt Indiana was going to change their culture... Obviously he didn't feel UT was going to be able to change.
He got cut loose and made the best out of it. He was a Butch commit so “culture” is subjective.

And here we have been told that Pruitt knows what championship teams look like.

He may know what championship teams look like but apparently doesn't know jack sh** about QBs.

Penix Jr. balling out while they have floundered with JG just makes Pruitt look foolish.
At the end of the day it goes on Pruitt, but I’ve heard that he trusted Helton to make that call.

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
I don’t think this is nearly as a egregious as telling Tajh Boyd to hit the bricks. You want to talk about a culture changing guy? He should be thanked by Dabo and Clemson fans forever for laying the foundation for their level of greatness they are achieving right now.

VN Store

Back