What was the story with Penix Jr?

West Coast Vol

I’m not sure what the relevance of this comment is meant to be. Played an excellent game against a very good Ohio State team. No shame in admitting we made a mistake letting him get away. I’d love to have a team this season that could play that well against Ohio State.

ABINGDON VOL FAN

I’m not sure what the relevance of this comment is meant to be. Played an excellent game against a very good Ohio State team. No shame in admitting we made a mistake letting him get away. I’d love to have a team this season that could play that well against Ohio State.
It’s a stupid post on his part.

BigOrangeTrain

Just stating that in the end, if the TEAM doesn’t all play well, you lose.

ABINGDON VOL FAN

Around here the mantra is the only reason our defense is bad is because of JG. So basically the only thing that matters is QB.
The Qb play does have a negative impact on the defense in at least a couple ways. No one is stating we still wouldn’t have problems on D. You’re on a roll today.

ABINGDON VOL FAN

Here is the point. Football is a team sport. Penix had a Heisman day. Played outstanding. Yet they lost. Why? The defense let them down. That’s the point.
I’m not sure the D let them down, considering the Qb and offensive talent Ohio State has. How many future NFL players are on that offense?

BigOrangeTrain

The Qb play does have a negative impact on the defense in at least a couple ways. No one is stating we still wouldn’t have problems on D. You’re on a roll today.
Does offense effect the defenses ability to stop slants? Tackle? Defend the middle of the field? How about our DBs ability to defend passes? How about our inability to generate a pass rush? Is that all the QBs fault?

VN Store

Sponsors