What Other Message Boards are Saying-Post Signing Day (Florida)

If we signed 17 in state players In the 2021 class that would be one of the worst recruiting classes in TN history. Yet Mehlen does that at Fl and he’s ranked 7th on 247. That’s the difference. This year we will recruit more players from NC, Virginia, and Ga than we will from Tn.
No doubt Ga has been our hotbed for recruiting, i still think In state will continue to rise, though I’m not one of those that believe we’ve failed if we don’t get all Tennessee kids, just the ones that benefit Tennessee, but I believe Kirby might be overstepping by going full blown going country wide, could be wrong on that. 🤷‍♀️

No doubt Ga has been our hotbed for recruiting, i still think In state will continue to rise, though I’m not one of those that believe we’ve failed if we don’t get all Tennessee kids, just the ones that benefit Tennessee, but I believe Kirby might be overstepping by going full blown going country wide, could be wrong on that. 🤷‍♀️
I agree. He did not do well in state this year. This will come back to bite him if he does not do well with the ones he got from other states.

Just gonna say this. @me if you feel it's necessary.

I'm usually one of the bigger di*ks on here, and I've gotta say...lighten up on our Fl fans a little. The thread was started to get input from them. It has turned into a bashing them thread. We do that in every other thread.

To be honest...they're also better posters (for the most part) than 90% of the posters that come over from the FF.

JMO

It’s a little sad that this is so true.

Thanks for the honesty. No doubt that's rare these days. Eh?

Caveat here, though: Butchna poignantly mentioned that Florida recruited Florida in their heyday. I can clearly remember...going back into the 90's...how Spurrier, et al kept a large piece of that Florida talent pie for themselves; not ever needing transfers or grovelling for committed-but-not-signed players. Even Muschamp managed to do better. I don't know what's wrong down there. But something's rotten in Gainesville.

Don't know where you get this at all.

In the 90's, none of the Florida schools locked down the state. They sort of all did jointly.

When Meyer came along, Miami and FSU were in the crapper and he truly did get what he seemed to want over anyone else who came sniffing around. There were still guys like CJ Spiller that left the state.

In the last several years, the problem is the out of state schools.....namely Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State while some guy named Meyer was their coach.

Here's the deal. IMO, as of today, I think Florida's talent level is there to compete for championships EXCEPT......

the Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow, Fred Taylor, etc., difference makers that all teams at that level seem to have. And the difference between Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, and last season's LSU and everyone else is that those teams have them. And, what makes all of us jealous, they seem to have 3 or 4 of those on each side of the ball.

Don't know where you get this at all.

In the 90's, none of the Florida schools locked down the state. They sort of all did jointly.

When Meyer came along, Miami and FSU were in the crapper and he truly did get what he seemed to want over anyone else who came sniffing around. There were still guys like CJ Spiller that left the state.

In the last several years, the problem is the out of state schools.....namely Clemson, Alabama, and Ohio State while some guy named Meyer was their coach.

Here's the deal. IMO, as of today, I think Florida's talent level is there to compete for championships EXCEPT......

the Percy Harvin, Tim Tebow, Fred Taylor, etc., difference makers that all teams at that level seem to have. And the difference between Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, and last season's LSU and everyone else is that those teams have them. And, what makes all of us jealous, they seem to have 3 or 4 of those on each side of the ball.

I think this is spot on.

I also find it odd that some UT fans are ripping on Mullen after back to back top 7/8 type classes. UT fans hold Florida to one helluva high standard, “raise that class a whopping 4 spots Mullen or you suck as a recruiter!”

They’re really complimenting Mullen and Florida but they don’t realize it.

One other note on Mullen and recruiting. He’s making two major changes that will only help. First, he’s building facilities. The stand-alone facility will put them on par with Bama and Clemson and UGA’s of the world. Secondly, he’s adding some known killers on the staff in recruiting (Tim Brewster) and rumors of Charlie Strong, who has always been a legend in Florida High Schools. Maybe that’ll get Mullen’s classes up those 3 or 4 spots to get him in top 5 and get UT/FSU/Ga fans off his back.

I think this is spot on.

I also find it odd that some UT fans are ripping on Mullen after back to back top 7/8 type classes. UT fans hold Florida to one helluva high standard, “raise that class a whopping 4 spots Mullen or you suck as a recruiter!”

They’re really complimenting Mullen and Florida but they don’t realize it.

One other note on Mullen and recruiting. He’s making two major changes that will only help. First, he’s building facilities. The stand-alone facility will put them on par with Bama and Clemson and UGA’s of the world. Secondly, he’s adding some known killers on the staff in recruiting (Tim Brewster) and rumors of Charlie Strong, who has always been a legend in Florida High Schools. Maybe that’ll get Mullen’s classes up those 3 or 4 spots to get him in top 5 and get UT/FSU/Ga fans off his back.
I stopped reading after “I also find it odd that some UT fans are ripping Mehlan (sorry, that’s what I saw), after that, lost interest 😴

Because it’s silly, and wishful thinking. Numerous teams lost recruits to numerous issues last year. UF lost 5. Some teams lost just as many, some lost even more, some lost 3 or 4. That impacted UF sooooo much that they went 11-2 and will be preseason top 10 again this year, and will have the deepest team they’ve had in the Mullen era.

But yeah, hang on that “we re-ranked them and ONLY them to 17th last year.”
Nobody, lost what Florida lost out of one class.

Bringing up your 2019 record means nothing when you’re talking about your 2019 recruiting class. But keep talking out of your ass. It’s great entertainment

Florida folks are not happy unless they have the #1 ranked class and everyone else in the SEC has a class ranked outside the top 20.

In general, I think people are happy overall. I think Tae going to Miami was a shock, but there were a lot of DB's in this class. There was consternation about not getting a HS RB to sign and struggling with HS WR's. Britt and Manuel have academic issues so that's why they are not probably going to end up in the class and ride the lane train.

They did get Henderson at WR and Mullen works the transfer portal extremely well and got Lingard and Shorter.

But, this was a meat and potatoes class and it filled needs. That class is pretty much exclusively OL, DL, and DB. And they needed every damn one of them.

I'm happy. But, I think what most want is for Florida to land that stud skill position player from inside the state of Florida instead of losing them to Clemson and Alabama. You'd have to look over the years, but Clemson and Bama have been loaded with Florida guys at the skill positions and the Gator fan base is just tired of it.

I think it's great that they called out 99 gator, Lawrence Wright and Jaws for perspective. I think they forgot law gator though!

Reactions: hmhawk and Jaws
I said when Mullen took the UF job that it was better for him than the UT job because he is not a great recruiter. He will get more talent at UF because talent is closer to campus. He is goofy as hell, and he relies on coaching up kids. I have a very good friend who is a big alum at MSU.

Also, MSU fans were concerned with Mullen being too loyal to his staff. His OL coach is a very close friend, and MSU fans were critical of how their OL played at times. Mullen would not change it.

There’s no denying that Mullen can develop talent, especially on offense. But I don’t believe he can recruit at a national championship level.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Nobody, lost what Florida lost out of one class.

Bringing up your 2019 record means nothing when you’re talking about your 2019 recruiting class. But keep talking out of your ass. It’s great entertainment

Many, many teams have lost recruits for many reasons, including Tennessee. And why are you picking just 2019? I’ll tell you why, because you think that year hurts Florida the most, so you zero in on it. But what about 2018 and even 2017? When you include losses from those classes, Florida is literally middle of the pack with Tennessee, with many teams being way worse.

Here’s how silly your “Florida’s 2019 re-rank” argument is. Florida signed 25 players and was ranked 8th. Tennessee signed 21 players and was ranked 13th. While UF lost 5 players, Tennessee lost at least two that I could find, maybe more? But we’ll stick with the 2 I’m sure of. So after losing 2, UT netted 19 players. Florida netted 20 after losing 5. So UF’s class still has more players with a higher star ranking per player. So while you’re somehow re-ranking Florida’s class to 17th, where do you re-rank Tennessee’s class to after losing 2? From 13th to where? Of course, it’ll depend on every other team in the NCAA and who they lost. Almost every team loses 2-3 players for a host of reasons. When you re-rank EVERYONE, let me know. Until then, Florida was 8th, UT was 13th. And don’t even get me started on the transfers in and how they fit in to your “adjusted rankings.” Where would All-SEC DE Jon Greenard fit in? Florida is long past losing a hand full of recruits in the 2019 class.

There’s a reason why the services (Rivals, 247, ESPN) don’t even attempt to re-rank and rearrange after the fact.

Reactions: ViperVol86
Many, many teams have lost recruits for many reasons, including Tennessee. And why are you picking just 2019? I’ll tell you why, because you think that year hurts Florida the most, so you zero in on it. But what about 2018 and even 2017? When you include losses from those classes, Florida is literally middle of the pack with Tennessee, with many teams being way worse.

Here’s how silly your “Florida’s 2019 re-rank” argument is. Florida signed 25 players and was ranked 8th. Tennessee signed 21 players and was ranked 13th. While UF lost 5 players, Tennessee lost at least two that I could find, maybe more? But we’ll stick with the 2 I’m sure of. So after losing 2, UT netted 19 players. Florida netted 20 after losing 5. So UF’s class still has more players with a higher star ranking per player. So while you’re somehow re-ranking Florida’s class to 17th, where do you re-rank Tennessee’s class to after losing 2? From 13th to where? Of course, it’ll depend on every other team in the NCAA and who they lost. Almost every team loses 2-3 players for a host of reasons. When you re-rank EVERYONE, let me know. Until then, Florida was 8th, UT was 13th. And don’t even get me started on the transfers in and how they fit in to your “adjusted rankings.” Where would All-SEC DE Jon Greenard fit in? Florida is long past losing a hand full of recruits in the 2019 class.

There’s a reason why the services (Rivals, 247, ESPN) don’t even attempt to re-rank and rearrange after the fact.
Cool story bro. Ever heard the ol saying “the loudest voice isn’t always right “?

Your 3 paragraph response was a little desperate, kinda like the Mullens

@ViperVol86 maybe you should buy some jorts and move to Gainesville?

VN Store

Back