What Other Message Boards are Saying-Post Signing Day (Florida)

@Jaws I have one question and it’s not to roast you. I want your honest opinion. After all the deflections from top recruits that didn’t ever show up at FL, do you still believe it was a higher ranked class than UT. Btw, we didn’t have 2 no shows like you said, not sure where you got that from.

Reactions: Jaws
Actually, Bass was 100% correct that UF only signed 10 of the top 50 in Florida.

And, my take is that Bass is also correct in saying that Mullen was owned in-state. As example, UF only signed one of the top 10 in-state guys per 247 Composite. Bass didn't say who owned Mullen.. you just jumped to a comparison of UF and Miami. Clemson signed 3 top 10 guys in Florida, UGA signed 2 top 10 guys in Florida. So, various schools took a bite out of Mullens' ass, and at a time when the FSU and Miami programs are down.

Also, Wingo isn't close to a 247 Composite 5 star as you stated above, right after advising Bass he wasn't getting stuff correct.

Also, while we're getting stuff correct, I'm not aware that the Vols had anyone fail to enroll from the 2019 signing class. You stated in another post that at least two Vols didn't make it. We did have one guy (Melvin McBride) show up and enroll, and then doctors evaluated him and he unfortunately medically retired.

Five no shows sounds like a lot from one signing class, especially for a school like UF that wasn't facing NCAA sanctions or a coaching change. But, you stated in another post that other schools had more. Can you advise other school(s) that had more than five signees not show up last year?

Also, committed/unsigned players such as Britt and Manuel for UF are included in class ranking calculations, at least on 247, and I'm guessing also on Rivals. You posted that those two guys weren't included in UF's ranking. I realize those two likely won't sign now with UF, unlike last year when several signed with UF and didn't show up.

My information was coming from Rivals. I’ve already addressed most of your post in other answers, so try and get caught up if you can. I will help you out on a few things. Did Anthony Harris stay in UT’s 2019 recruiting class, because I read that he was academically ineligible and had to go to JUCO. Harris and McBride make two, so again, where do you re-rank UT’s class having lost those two? It was a small class to begin with, you only netted 19 players, one less than Florida netted, yet y’all are trying to sell how cataclysmic UF’s losses were that year.

Last thing, Florida by far, signed the most and best players from Florida as an aggregate. Sure, Bama and Clemson and UGA and others plucked a few, as they’ve done since recruiting has been followed. Florida got 11 of the top 54 on Rivals and 16 of the top 100. 64% of UF’s class are Florida kids.

By the way, while y’all are attempting (unsuccessfully) to dump on Mullen for his in-state recruiting, Mullen got as many top players from Florida as Pruitt did from Tennessee. 😂

According to Rivals, Pruitt only singed 9 of the top 40 players in Tennessee. Applying the same logic you and Bass are applying to Mullen, Pruitt got “owned” in his own state. Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma, TexAM and even Kentucky plucked dudes from the top 10 in Tennessee.

Look, this is too easy for me, let me help y’all out. Florida AND Tennessee had very solid recruiting classes this cycle. Both closed the gap v Georgia. Would both fan bases liked to have gotten a few more and landed a top 3 class, of course. But both classes are good enough, with coaching and developing, to compete for the SEC East.

Last edited:
@Jaws I have one question and it’s not to roast you. I want your honest opinion. After all the deflections from top recruits that didn’t ever show up at FL, do you still believe it was a higher ranked class than UT. Btw, we didn’t have 2 no shows like you said, not sure where you got that from.

I had Anthony Harris and McBride leaving the 2019 class for UT. If I got that wrong, let me know and I’ll admit my mistake. I just looked again and it shows McBride leaving for medical reasons and Harris leaving for academics. So that puts UT at 19, right? Florida’s attrition for the 2019 class had them at 20. We’d also need to know who lost guys from every other team in the NCAA, or at least the top 25 or so in order to re-rank them. So my answer is you can’t accurately re-rank these guys, which is why nobody attempts to. And again, what is UF’s class after you add back in 5* transfer Benton Cox and All-American transfer Jon Greenard?

My overall point is, fans who hate Florida try to use Mullen’s 2019 class as some sort of cataclysmic recruiting event that’s going to eventually set Florida back to the McElwain era. Florida still netted 20 guys in that class and the losses have long since been negated by transfers coming in.

I’ll admit that yes, 2019 was an unusually bad year for UF and Mullen in terms of losing recruits. 5 is too many. I think 2019 was a flukey type year. Looking back at Mullen’s 2018 class, he only lost three guys and none of those were due to academics and all three departures were well after the players had been on campus and with the team for at least a season. So it’s not like losing guys is some sort of a trend. 2018, he basically lost 0 because everyone stayed with the team at least a full year, 2019 he lost 5, 2020 remains to be seen, but I’m confident it won’t be 5 again.

Last edited:
I hate Florida and I hate their trolls that show up here..on VOLnation...to remind us how bad we have been on the daily...and I think Mehlan would have ultimately done little better at Tennessee than he did at MSU, hence why I did not want him...and I am the originator of the "Mehlan" sobriquet...BUT...

I have also stated over and over again that he is a good coach no matter how goofy he is, and Florida and Mehlan are a great combination and will always be a really good to great team under him as long as he has a great defensive staff...

He would definitely have improved our program, and was a lot better choice than most of the other names associated..especially ShiaNO and Boeren...BUT...

He would NEVER have won a SEC, much less a National Championship at Tennessee...period...He just does not have enough juice as a recruiter and overall evaluator to pull top talent from every state in the Union like a Tennessee HC has to be able to do to compete for the heights we aspire to, and are very historically capable of with the right HC...

I absolutely believe Pruitt is that coach..he will only get better and better..that much is obvious to anybody really paying attention..

In essence you guys got your coach and we got ours..I just hate that we were destroyed to the foundations when Pruitt got here...but..

We are comin...believe that..☠

I hate Florida and I hate their trolls that show up here..on VOLnation...to remind us how bad we have been on the daily...and I think Mehlan would have ultimately done little better at Tennessee than he did at MSU, hence why I did not want him...and I am the originator of the "Mehlan" sobriquet...BUT...

I have also stated over and over again that he is a good coach no matter how goofy he is, and Florida and Mehlan are a great combination and will always be a really good to great team under him as long as he has a great defensive staff...

He would definitely have improved our program, and was a lot better choice than most of the other names associated..especially ShiaNO and Boeren...BUT...

He would NEVER have won a SEC, much less a National Championship at Tennessee...period...He just does not have enough juice as a recruiter and overall evaluator to pull top talent from every state in the Union like a Tennessee HC has to be able to do to compete for the heights we aspire to, and are very historically capable of with the right HC...

I absolutely believe Pruitt is that coach..he will only get better and better..that much is obvious to anybody really paying attention..

In essence you guys got your coach and we got ours..I just hate that we were destroyed to the foundations when Pruitt got here...but..

We are comin...believe that..☠
we are going to roll dem clowns this year.

load the box. boom!

What was Lingurads reason for leaving the U? I know they are struggling there but is there another reason he left?

we are going to roll dem clowns this year.

load the box. boom!
They are always going to be a tough out..I want to close the gap with them, and have at least a good shot of winning late in the game.

Until HB or Maurer master the offense...JG is going to make us struggle...hell he makes us struggle against bad to mediocre defensive teams. I have zero faith in him as anything other than a quality backup. He does well in that role, but he is not wired to be a quality starting QB.

If one of the others has mastered the offense by then, then we have a good chance of winning against UF...if not..🤷‍♂️

They are always going to be a tough out..I want to close the gap with them, and have at least a good shot of winning late in the game.

Until HB or Maurer master the offense...JG is going to make us struggle...hell he makes us struggle against bad to mediocre defensive teams. I have zero faith in him as anything other than a quality backup. He does well in that role, but he is not wired to be a quality starting QB.

If one of the others has mastered the offense by then, then we have a good chance of winning against UF...if not..🤷‍♂️

JG is your Franks. The physical tools are there, but you’re not sure what you’ll get on gameday. More often than not he singlehandedly keeps both teams in the game.

UT’s future is HB and/or Maurer.

JG is your Franks. The physical tools are there, but you’re not sure what you’ll get on gameday. More often than not he singlehandedly keeps both teams in the game.

UT’s future is HB and/or Maurer.
That future will probably/may not have arrived in time to take you guys out...I hate this game being where it is in the schedule and I always have...would love to get you guys in Neyland in November after we have had time to develop.

Reactions: Smokeytom
What was Lingurads reason for leaving the U? I know they are struggling there but is there another reason he left?

His Dad is sick I believe. Dad or Mom, but someone in family is not doing well at all and his hometown is much closer to Gainesville than Miami.

Aside from that, he had a knee injury at Miami and became increasingly unhappy there through that process and the fact that Miami’s season was was in total disarray.

Great, everyone is happy.

I hate Florida more than any other sports team. I mean, I have to pray on game days for forgiveness for the things I say. Lol. That being said, I appreciate the responses from you and the other gators. I agree with Bass that Mullen would be a bad fit here. I wasn’t sure if Pruitt would fit here either but his turn around this season really proved to me that his style is exactly what we needed. I don’t comment on Florida’s coaching or recruiting because I don’t know anything about it. So I’d suggest gators don’t comment on our coaches either because you don’t see the full context of the situation. To compare Butch and Pruitt is asinine and ignorant at best. (I don’t think you did. Just saying, in general.) We needed a cornbread eatin’, simple talking, plain ole football coach who could recruit with the best of them. I’ll say this too: Pruitt has to begin winning these battles for elite talent ASAP. Hopefully we can go 9-3 or better this year and the proof that we are truly back will be enough for top talent.

It’s not hard to understand. He’s a good coach. Nobody denies that. He’s not a great recruiter. He can get away with that in Fl as I’ve shown because there is so much talent. At TN he would not get away with that. And no matter how good of a coach he is, he isn’t winning anything finishing with Ky level recruiting classes like he would have here

Winning is the best recruiting tool. If Pruitt keeps winning, his ability to recruit will take us further than we’ve been since Fulmer. And sadly, the same goes for Mullen. If he keeps winning, he won’t have to be a great recruiter. Just be good enough and they will enjoy the fruits of all the talent in that nasty A$$ state. 😒 I hated the idea of him coming here for the very reason that we needed to upgrade our roster and our culture immediately and I didn’t believe he had the ability to do it. He’s a weirdo and his wife is the team whore, but all things being equal, if he was winning here and going 10-2 and winning NY6 games in his second year, his recruiting here would’ve be fine.

I actually like most of the Fl posters on here, unlike the Ga posters.

Me too. Crazy. Even Bama posters know their place. But the dawg posters have this elitist stench to them. They are Vandy without the education.

What gets me about the state of Florida recruiting is how many are leaving. 59 +4*s in FL. 35 are leaving the state. UF only got 10 of them.

1 of the top 12. And 3 of the top 22. That's got to sting.

By the way, while y’all are attempting (unsuccessfully) to dump on Mullen for his in-state recruiting, Mullen got as many top players from Florida as Pruitt did from Tennessee. 😂

Here’s where you are appearing to be ignorant. Although our instate talent is getting better by the year, it pales in comparison to Florida’s. So to get the top talent from TN isn’t as grand of an accomplishment as you’re making it out. Florida is like Texas. You could land a top class every year and NEVER LEAVE THE STATE. That’s not happening here. Winning is the greatest recruiting tool, period. Oh, and being a cuckold coach. That probably helps too.

I hate Florida more than any other sports team. I mean, I have to pray on game days for forgiveness for the things I say. Lol. That being said, I appreciate the responses from you and the other gators. I agree with Bass that Mullen would be a bad fit here. I wasn’t sure if Pruitt would fit here either but his turn around this season really proved to me that his style is exactly what we needed. I don’t comment on Florida’s coaching or recruiting because I don’t know anything about it. So I’d suggest gators don’t comment on our coaches either because you don’t see the full context of the situation. To compare Butch and Pruitt is asinine and ignorant at best. (I don’t think you did. Just saying, in general.) We needed a cornbread eatin’, simple talking, plain ole football coach who could recruit with the best of them. I’ll say this too: Pruitt has to begin winning these battles for elite talent ASAP. Hopefully we can go 9-3 or better this year and the proof that we are truly back will be enough for top talent.
He has already began "winning" these battles for elite talent, he did that last year and only got better this year according to the rankings..so not totally sure what your point is 🤷‍♂️

If you are saying he has to have top 3-5 classes to have a really good team..which you are right, he has not....then I disagree, but I guess I can at least understand that point disagree or not...but I am pretty sure that you don't get to 7th out of 110+ programs without winning quite a few battles for "elite" talent.

That future will probably/may not have arrived in time to take you guys out...I hate this game being where it is in the schedule and I always have...would love to get you guys in Neyland in November after we have had time to develop.
HB’s coming out party is going to be the UF game. He’s going to lead the Vols to a W and confidence will skyrocket with players, coaches, fans and we’ll be in Atlanta. Write that down.

Winning is the best recruiting tool. If Pruitt keeps winning, his ability to recruit will take us further than we’ve been since Fulmer. And sadly, the same goes for Mullen. If he keeps winning, he won’t have to be a great recruiter. Just be good enough and they will enjoy the fruits of all the talent in that nasty A$$ state. 😒 I hated the idea of him coming here for the very reason that we needed to upgrade our roster and our culture immediately and I didn’t believe he had the ability to do it. He’s a weirdo and his wife is the team whore, but all things being equal, if he was winning here and going 10-2 and winning NY6 games in his second year, his recruiting here would’ve be fine.

By the way..you crack me up...me and you both are not your typical milquetoast type of guys in our position..lol. 😁 I am glad I am not the only one that has a little salt...👍

What gets me about the state of Florida recruiting is how many are leaving.

What gets me about the state of Tennessee is how many are leaving. Pruitt only singed 9 of the top 40, he allowed 8 of the top 15 to get away and 21 of the top 40 to get away.

That’s got to sting.

He would not have recruited good enough at UT...

Lol..are you really this stupid?

Just using the same logic. Some here are ready to shut Florida down because Mullen didn’t completely fill his class with all the top talent from Florida (even though he got more than anyone), but they see no issue with Pruitt losing top Tennessee kids to Oklahoma, TexAM, Auburn, Clemson and evening Kentucky.

I know your counter, “but Jaws, but Jaws, there is way more talent in Florida than Tennessee!!” Exactly, which means way more competition for the players! Which means recruiting Tennessee should be a cakewalk for Pruitt.

You can’t have it both ways. Mullen is awful because he didn’t sign ALL of the top 10 in Florida but Pruitt is great despite not signing all of the top talent in Tennessee.

My information was coming from Rivals. I’ve already addressed most of your post in other answers, so try and get caught up if you can. I will help you out on a few things. Did Anthony Harris stay in UT’s 2019 recruiting class, because I read that he was academically ineligible and had to go to JUCO. Harris and McBride make two, so again, where do you re-rank UT’s class having lost those two? It was a small class to begin with, you only netted 19 players, one less than Florida netted, yet y’all are trying to sell how cataclysmic UF’s losses were that year.

Last thing, Florida by far, signed the most and best players from Florida as an aggregate. Sure, Bama and Clemson and UGA and others plucked a few, as they’ve done since recruiting has been followed. Florida got 11 of the top 54 on Rivals and 16 of the top 100. 64% of UF’s class are Florida kids.

According to Rivals, Pruitt only singed 9 of the top 40 players in Tennessee. Applying the same logic you and Bass are applying to Mullen, Pruitt got “owned” in his own state. Auburn, Clemson, Oklahoma, TexAM and even Kentucky plucked dudes from the top 10 in Tennessee.

Look, this is too easy for me, let me help y’all out. Florida AND Tennessee had very solid recruiting classes this cycle. Both closed the gap v Georgia. Would both fan bases liked to have gotten a few more and landed a top 3 class, of course. But both classes are good enough, with coaching and developing, to compete for the SEC East.
Anthony Harris was a projected blueshirt precisely due to his academic issues, so he wasn’t a SIGNEE...keep up. McBride was our lone SIGNEE who no longer plays football for us because he NO LONGER PLAYS FOOTBALL! Keep thinking that’s the same as a 5 star DB showing up on your campus along with four other signees, barely unpacking and then...
1581173146524.gif
comparing your state’s talent base to ours and failing to understand that taking the vast majority of the best in our state over your relative leftovers makes me think that merely getting dressed every day isn’t an “easy” achievement for you. 😏

VN Store

Back