What Other Message Boards are Saying-Post Signing Day (Florida)

You’re welcome.

Mullen was criticized after ESD after not successfully flipping 2-3 recruits from schools they were already committed to, while keeping all of our verbal commits from defecting.

If all of our guys waited until ESD to announce...without verbally committing anywhere prior...then Mullen is criticized for locking down his class at the 11th hour. UF luck strikes again.

Spin cycle indeed.

“Nobody suffers winning like Florida fans,” including in recruiting.

😂. Nobody believes you. You don’t even believe yourself.
Considering I was saying I didn’t want Mehlen before Florida hired him and he was rumored to be our target.. I’d say everyone believes me. Including myself. Again, he’s good for you because he can strike out on the vast majority of in state talent and still sign 17 highly ranked in state guys. Here, he doesn’t have that luxury. He’d be recruiting 17-25th. Didn’t want him then, don’t want him now. We’ll see how long you’re happy with him.

Goodbye as you are now on ignore.

Alright, I’ll play along. So you’re seriously trying to make the case that 13-12 Pruitt is a better hire than Mullen? Your real question should be is he a better hire than Butch Jones as they’re neck and neck in wins/losses after two seasons at UT. Pruitt’s gotta go 18-8 over the next two years to keep pace with Jones, not sure he can pull that off. And Jones’ average recruiting class rankings are ahead of Pruitt’s.

Meanwhile, Mullen has gone 21-5, won two straight NY6 Bowl games, and most relevantly, has beaten Pruitt by a combined 81-24 in their two head to head meetings.

And regarding recruiting, I guess you’re feeling great because UT is one spot ahead of UF (for now) on Rivals, although they’re behind UF on 247 and ESPN. I’ve complimented UT’s classes, but some apparently don’t understand the concept that it’s perfectly fine for BOTH UF and UT to have good classes.

Since Mullen has been at UF, and Pruitt at UT, Mullen’s three classes have averaged #10 on 247 and #11 on Rivals. Pruitt’s classes have averaged 15th on 247 and 13th on Rivals, 5 spots behind Mullen on 247, 2 spots behind on Rivals. ESPN is even more dominant in favor of Mullen.

So, while I’m trying to congratulate you on a very solid class this year, I’m not following where you’re dumping on Mullen, without dumping even more on your own coach. And before your say “it’s Florida, he SHOULD do better,” save that nonsense. Tennessee has always been a top spot for recruits. Great facilities, great city, etc.

You keep yours, we’ll keep ours, and we both have to get it in gear to go after Georgia. UF and UT are slap-boxing compared to what those dudes are doing. Lose your denial over Mullen and Florida, if you don’t, it’s only going to make watching these future UF championships more painful.
You have to take into consideration that Mehlen got the job at the number one school in one of the most talent rich high school football states in the country. The fact that Pruitt is even in the conversation in recruiting with Mehlen given the difference in advantages to me proves that Pruitt is the superior recruiter.

Mehlen actually got owned on in state talent. Only signed 10 of the top 50 in state players. And they were all still 4 stars....

You’re not even trying to get stuff correct now. Dexter and Wingo are 5 stars from Florida.

Florida had 16 signees in the top 100 in Florida, Miami had 12, and I didn’t even bother to count FSU because their class is trash and it’s less than UF and Miami.

Florida’s class is by far the best in the state.

But go on...

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
You have to take into consideration that Mehlen got the job at the number one school in one of the most talent rich high school football states in the country. The fact that Pruitt is even in the conversation in recruiting with Mehlen given the difference in advantages to me proves that Pruitt is the superior recruiter.
There is no question about this.

Considering I was saying I didn’t want Mehlen before Florida hired him and he was rumored to be our target.. I’d say everyone believes me. Including myself. Again, he’s good for you because he can strike out on the vast majority of in state talent and still sign 17 highly ranked in state guys. Here, he doesn’t have that luxury. He’d be recruiting 17-25th. Didn’t want him then, don’t want him now. We’ll see how long you’re happy with him.

👏👏👏, I was fixing to go full blown ORB on him, probably still will, but you won’t see it, as you will now have on ignore. 🙂

This is exactly what I have always been saying...He would suck at Tennessee, but Florida is the perfect situation for him. You have to work a lot harder at recruiting to succeed at UT....at least right now.

Florida is so stacked with insane talent, he would have to be a horrible coach to not always have a pretty good class there...and he is not a bad coach.
Yep...and everytime we say that it gets turned into a argument about how good of a coach he is. The point is he would have not been able to turn Tennessee around before he was fired because he is not a great recruiter. I'm not interested in hearing about his success at FL. But you can bring me all the news of him failing that you can find: losing a third of his recruiting class, 0 on ESD and NSD, losing to the 2 teams he played with a better roster...GA and LSU, etc.

Didn’t want him then, don’t want him now.

And I suppose even a 3rd straight 4+ TD win this year wouldn’t change your mind. By the way, have you seen the 2021 recruiting start Mullen is off to? The “Mullen can’t recruit” narrative reminds me so much of how convinced the “Meyer’s offense won’t work in the SEC” or “Tebow’s style won’t last in the SEC” crowds were.

Mullen will have multiple top 3 recruiting classes at Florida before he’s finished.

Yep...and everytime we say that it gets turned into a argument about how good of a coach he is. The point is he would have not been able to turn Tennessee around before he was fired because he is not a great recruiter. I'm not interested in hearing about his success at FL. But you can bring me all the news of him failing that you can find: losing a third of his recruiting class, 0 on ESD and NSD, losing to the 2 teams he played with a better roster...GA and LSU, etc.
It’s not hard to understand. He’s a good coach. Nobody denies that. He’s not a great recruiter. He can get away with that in Fl as I’ve shown because there is so much talent. At TN he would not get away with that. And no matter how good of a coach he is, he isn’t winning anything finishing with Ky level recruiting classes like he would have here

Yep

It’s not hard to understand. He’s a good coach. Nobody denies that. He’s not a great recruiter. He can get away with that in Fl as I’ve shown because there is so much talent. At TN he would not get away with that. And no matter how good of a coach he is, he isn’t winning anything finishing with Ky level recruiting classes like he would have here
Totally agree. That's what I said when I thought we were going to hire him. And the goofier he acts the happier I am that we did not get him. Can't imagine having to have to put up with that following Butch. He would have done as well here as the Pirate, and I could have at least enjoyed him!

That’s what some do not get, Florida is and has been a recruiting feeding ground and any head coach hired in that state should be salivating at the opportunity, it’s almost become lazy recruiting in their own backyard. Tennessee, in years passed, head coaches have had to network and build relationships outside the state. Recruiting in state is on the upswing now because of different factors. Any coach at that gawd awful school that loses in state recruits more that he gets, is meh.

That’ll be determined soon. So far, absolutely nothing supports that.
You are insane. Look at the talent in the state of Florida and look at the talent in TN. While TN is getting better at the high school level it is not happening in our back yard. It takes 10 times the resources and work to compete out of Knoxville than it does to compete at Florida. I would classify Mullen as a good game day coach. Him being a well known head coach coming off a great season in a state were you trip over another 4 star every 5 feet should be one of the biggest advantages in the country. FSU , Miami are both dumpster fires. Right now he should be landing a top 4-5 class without even having to recruit beyond his own state. The fact that he is not is astounding to me. Keep ignoring the obvious. The truth is the truth. Again I think Mullen is a very solid coach but his recruiting is underwhelming.

That’s what some do not get, Florida is and has been a recruiting feeding ground and any head coach hired in that state should be salivating at the opportunity, it’s almost become lazy recruiting in their own backyard. Tennessee, in years passed, head coaches have had to network and build relationships outside the state. Recruiting in state is on the upswing now because of different factors. Any coach at that gawd awful school that loses in state recruits more that he gets, is meh.
If we signed 17 in state players In the 2021 class that would be one of the worst recruiting classes in TN history. Yet Mehlen does that at Fl and he’s ranked 7th on 247. That’s the difference. This year we will recruit more players from NC, Virginia, and Ga than we will from Tn.

Just gonna say this. @me if you feel it's necessary.

I'm usually one of the bigger di*ks on here, and I've gotta say...lighten up on our Fl fans a little. The thread was started to get input from them. It has turned into a bashing them thread. We do that in every other thread.

To be honest...they're also better posters (for the most part) than 90% of the posters that come over from the FF.

JMO

Just gonna say this. @me if you feel it's necessary.

I'm usually one of the bigger di*ks on here, and I've gotta say...lighten up on our Fl fans a little. The thread was started to get input from them. It has turned into a bashing them thread. We do that in every other thread.

To be honest...they're also better posters (for the most part) than 90% of the posters that come over from the FF.

JMO
BOOOOOOOOO @you lol. I did not think anyone was killing them. Just debating opinions. Maybe I should go back and reread. I also do not mind their input most of the time. Most of them are civil at least.

VN Store

Back