What is your degree in and why?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Bachelors Psychology. So I could learn to spell psychology I guess is the only real reason.

School of hard knocks .... Actually attended MTSU for a year studying pre-dental. Hated the school and the course. Enlisted in the US Air Force after my freshman year and never looked back. Pretty much have an Associates in Criminal Justice from the USAF, but have been working in a factory for the last 40 years as a supervisor ..... Pays better than security or law enforcement and less dangerous. Might get back into security after retirement as part time income.

AA in General Studies. Easiest way to get a degree

BA in Org. Management (if I decide to finish it lol). Only thing that gives some credit for my MOS.

BS in Speech Communications. I originally wanted to get into broadcasting and or government. Now I manage a work force grant and end up doing a lot of public speaking for workshops/classes and in court when I am giving progress reports on participants. So I do use the stuff I learned, just not in exactly the way I thought.

Last edited:
BA in BS (Political Science) - because the Air Force said any degree would work for me to get commissioned
BS in BA - Accounting - because the Air Force RIF'ed me and a bunch of my fellow officers and the pol sci degree was pretty much worthless
MBA - current employer and GI bill paid for all of it so why not.
might start a PhD since it will be paid for 90-95% by my employer.

Last edited:
BA in Psychology because I could pass it without studying, and it is pretty interesting
BA in Economics because the bank I worked for wanted me to have a business degree and I wasn't ready for grad school
MBA in Management because everyone in Oak Ridge has a grad degree
A dissertation away from a doctorate in Management, see the above comment about Oak Ridge.

BS in Criminal Justice. Not really sure why.
Have you used it? My baby girl wants to get into that, forensics, and the FBI. She's only 14, but been talking about that kind of stuff for at least two years. It may change, but right now she wants to do something of that nature that'll get her into the FBI.

Have you used it? My baby girl wants to get into that, forensics, and the FBI. She's only 14, but been talking about that kind of stuff for at least two years. It may change, but right now she wants to do something of that nature that'll get her into the FBI.
No, I haven't. Waste of (a lot) of money.

VN Store

Back