What is your degree in and why?

Have you used it? My baby girl wants to get into that, forensics, and the FBI. She's only 14, but been talking about that kind of stuff for at least two years. It may change, but right now she wants to do something of that nature that'll get her into the FBI.
you better hope she does not confiscate the play phone

Have you used it? My baby girl wants to get into that, forensics, and the FBI. She's only 14, but been talking about that kind of stuff for at least two years. It may change, but right now she wants to do something of that nature that'll get her into the FBI.
I wanted to be a detective. I was 2 classes short of double majoring in psychology. I was a huge fan of the show Criminal Minds at the time and thought it would be awesome to do something like that. It just wasn't in the cards. You have to be a cop first to do a lot of jobs in that field, and that's not something I was willing to do. Way too underpaid and dangerous. No thanks.

Unfortunately my dad was the "if you drop out of college you'll never amount to anything" type. So at the end of the day, I just had to pick something. If I had to do it all over again I'd have just learned a trade. I find myself watching a lot of HVAC videos on YouTube, maybe that was my calling after all lol.

A really good friend of my wife's majored in "Security and Intelligence Studies" at King University and she just got hired at the TBI for background check processing for gun purchases. The pay is barely better than McDonald's, $16/hr to start, but its a foot in the door at least.

Awesome nice work just to put the time in nothings easy I don’t care what it is we’ll done a lot easier what s as m I saying but all require time and commitment

BS in Electrical Engineering from UT. Because I was told I was really good at math and it payed good. Got to fish a lot on the bass team but I’m back paving with the family asphalt business bc the future is mine apparently.? I doubt it though.

Reactions: volfan2024
I wanted to be a detective. I was 2 classes short of double majoring in psychology. I was a huge fan of the show Criminal Minds at the time and thought it would be awesome to do something like that. It just wasn't in the cards. You have to be a cop first to do a lot of jobs in that field, and that's not something I was willing to do. Way too underpaid and dangerous. No thanks.

Unfortunately my dad was the "if you drop out of college you'll never amount to anything" type. So at the end of the day, I just had to pick something. If I had to do it all over again I'd have just learned a trade. I find myself watching a lot of HVAC videos on YouTube, maybe that was my calling after all lol.

A really good friend of my wife's majored in "Security and Intelligence Studies" at King University and she just got hired at the TBI for background check processing for gun purchases. The pay is barely better than McDonald's, $16/hr to start, but its a foot in the door at least.

I think that is a wonderful degree you earned. No matter what your age, you can still use it. So do it.
My suggestion:
1) do a google search on detective skill set.
2) cross reference to other jobs that share the same list on the skill set as detective.
3) google famous people who have a background in those careers
4) read biographies of all of the ones that "catch your eye"
6) search local people with same careers as them.
7) E-mail them then set appointment to meet at their place of employment and mention your old and now new motivations to develop your own skill set.

Some of my most important skills are
- sales (story telling, targeted questioning)
- Theater (i was a thespian for a time). This is how I was offered so many job in different fields, all because of well I interviewed
- research (knowledge is power)

I have met so many interesting people in my life. I've been very fortunate, and what seems to separate successful people from the dottlers (?) is a degree of focus.

Bro, there are literally thousands of positions in government, public, and private sector that need people with criminal justice degrees and a variety of work experience. Many of them making almost 100k with 2 years experience in applicable fields.

A lot of jobs that require a degree pay like chit.

Get a trade (HVAC, plumbing etc). Screw a piece of paper to show how “smart“ you are.

I think that is a wonderful degree you earned. No matter what your age, you can still use it. So do it.
My suggestion:
1) do a google search on detective skill set.
2) cross reference to other jobs that share the same list on the skill set as detective.
3) google famous people who have a background in those careers
4) read biographies of all of the ones that "catch your eye"
6) search local people with same careers as them.
7) E-mail them then set appointment to meet at their place of employment and mention your old and now new motivations to develop your own skill set.

Some of my most important skills are
- sales (story telling, targeted questioning)
- Theater (i was a thespian for a time). This is how I was offered so many job in different fields, all because of well I interviewed
- research (knowledge is power)

I have met so many interesting people in my life. I've been very fortunate, and what seems to separate successful people from the dottlers (?) is a degree of focus.

Bro, there are literally thousands of positions in government, public, and private sector that need people with criminal justice degrees and a variety of work experience. Many of them making almost 100k with 2 years experience in applicable fields.
Thank you for posting this

A lot of jobs that require a degree pay like chit.

Get a trade (HVAC, plumbing etc). Screw a piece of paper to show how “smart“ you are.
True, but also a lot pay really well.

I met a guy with a criminal justice degree, that later worked for State Department and learned as much he could about each country he was assigned to. He then created a security detail business in EVERY country he lived in. He's now retired with his government pension and his passive income from his businesses internationally. He's a healthy millionaire and his only education was that crimial justice degree.

Reactions: volfan2024

We have the GBI here in Georgia also, she's talked about it a lot also. Ironically, criminal minds is what got her started 🤣. I absolutely agree with trade education, it's what I did, and I've been blessed in my work. I actually recently had a job offer, and accepted a job from Johnson and Johnson because of my mechanical background. Amazing pay and benefits, and actually much less physical labor than what I used to do.

Thank you for posting this
anytime my fellow Vol brotha.

Can I say one more thing?
It's fine to watch motivational videos and go to seminars. Reading is always a plus.
That's all well and good. But no matter what.
ALWAYS BANK ON YOUrself.
Because whatever your motivations are in your heart and mind, that is what will truly drive you!
There's only so much you can bring in externally to help with the motivation internally.
Own it.

So bank on yourself always.
- No one else will live your life for you
- No one else has your specific desires how you have them
- Therefore there is zero reason to doubt your path (doubt is a complete waste of time)

It's fine to watch motivational videos and go to seminars. Reading is always a plus.
ALWAYS BANK ON YOUrself.
Because whatever your motivations are in your heart and mind, that is what will truly drive you!
There's only so much you can bring in externally to help with the motivation internally.
Own it.

- Therefore there is zero reason to doubt your path (doubt is a complete waste of time)
Where'd you get your degree in motivational speaking? Well worth your money imo🤣

Reactions: LittleVol

ALWAYS BANK ON YOUrself.
Own it.

4b833ef8-93ab-41d2-b959-4ff4fa3e537d-Joel_Osteen_in_LA.jpg

We have the GBI here in Georgia also, she's talked about it a lot also. Ironically, criminal minds is what got her started 🤣. I absolutely agree with trade education, it's what I did, and I've been blessed in my work. I actually recently had a job offer, and accepted a job from Johnson and Johnson because of my mechanical background. Amazing pay and benefits, and actually much less physical labor than what I used to do.

I thought you talked incessantly for a living.

I believe my degree(s) have the least. I’ve only taken 1, and the BA won’t require another

I do agree with your reasoning though lol

I don't even want to think about math. Angle of attack, thrust to mass, center of gravity, weight and friction....

FBI not what it used to be. Top of the fed food chain is USMS, IMO.

VN Store

Back