What if.....

A lot. You missed the whole point. Bama can win with mediocre qbs because of everything around them. Tennessee can’t. If we don’t have a great qb we can’t win. JG isn’t great. Crompton could’ve won a title at bama lol

I would agree for the QBs previous to Jalen Hurts, but Clemson showed a game manager QB wouldn’t have won these past three years the way Clemson and GA are playing now.

JG had a bama type Oline. I think he would be an above average QB! What do you guys think?

What if Daniel Lincoln had not shanked the Bama kick in 2009? Bama would have lost 12 - 10 and that loss would have kept them from playing Notre Dame for national Championship

Reactions: Alto1
What if Brian Williams had no shot air ball free throws against Michigan State? We win ans advance to play Florida for national championship

What if our special teams players made the tackle against Memphis in 1996 and we end up winning that game, as opposed to being embarrassed by that loss?

What if Pat out recruited Gino and we get a couple of the players that ended up at UConn? We likely beat UConn and collect more championships.

Please!! He still has to be able to think quickly. (many plays require changing a call at the line or hand off or run or throw) Lack of experience is not an excuse at this point. The guy just hasn't got the smarts or the passing or running ability to get the job done at the level required in the SEC.

Wrong. He will do very well even if he doesn’t, get 3-4 seconds to throw. He was much better last year until the Oline packed their bags and went home the last two games of the season. The Oline will play better this year even if 2-3 Freshmen play a lot of downs. The attitude will be much better with Chaney leading the offense and attitude, other think talent, is the most important to winning football games.

Last edited:
What JG has in talent is lost in his ability to read defenses. Just my opinion and I'm no QB coach but having to learn a new offense and learn how to read defenses may be too much for him in 2019. Talented, yes no doubt, but a better o line would help any QB so I'm not sure it's the only fix.

My 2 cents...TIFWIW

if we had a Bama type OL, it may have translated to two more wins last year. But getting blown out by Missouri and Vandy was not the OL. It was a poor performance on D. JG must absolutely play his best EVERY game. Great QB’s don’t fade away and put up duds. Yes a good OL would help, but we’ve had a decent sample size of JG. My take, he’s a slightly above average QB.
Every qb has some bad games. Peyton had a few here himself.

So a bad game or two each year from the qb is normal. That is where having a good team comes in. Sometimes the running game and d need to win a game.

It can't always be on the qb.

JG had a bama type Oline. I think he would be an above average QB! What do you guys think?

Average.

He has a good arm, but nothing outstanding, his elusiveness and running is below average. He’s a dime-a-dozen QB in my opinion. Would he be better behind Bama’s o-line? Sure he would, but he’s never gonna be THE reason a team is winning.

A Bama quality O-line would give him a ground attack, which opens up play action downfield opportunities. It also slows the pass rush, reducing turnovers via forced, tipped and hurried throws. Not to mention back-side sacks that cause fumbles. I'd say JG is an average QB. With all this in place, he'd be an above average QB/Game manager.
I’m not sure there will be a better response than this. This IS correct. Thank you for spreading truth!

You've got to be kidding me! It would be nice if the Moderators could add a list of thread titles to eliminate, any that ever start with "What if ...". Particularly if it's only "What if". Also, what happen to the 100 post minimum? Wouldn't that give the newbies time to realize you should never start a thread titled "What if"??????
Suck it

What if JG had a stable strength and conditiong program?
What if he had the same OC for his duration at TN?
What if he had a QB coach his whole time at TN?
What if he would have had a stable of dominant, elite RBs?
What if he would have had a stable of dominant, elite WRs and TEs?
What if he would have had one of the best defenses year after year?
What if he would have had the REAL best staff in America?

We will never know.

We will never know.
You have a point. I just feel like the kids gonna explode any minute and light it up. I hope so anyway. He does have a pretty good staff now though.

You have a point. I just feel like the kids gonna explode any minute and light it up. I hope so anyway. He does have a pretty good staff now though.

I think he could. But I believe the utter insane instability since he has been here has taken its toll on him. Factor in our horrid OL and lack of reliable playmakers and you get JG. As much as I like him, I think Shrout beats him out this year. I could be wrong. But whatever QB gives us the best chance to win is who I want on the field.

We will never know.

Well, Heck, under the conditions that you just described most anyone could be outstanding
The scenerio you described sounds like Ken Dorseys situation at Miami or Jake Cokers situation at Bama
Also Trent Filter at the Ravens.

VN Store

Back