What if.....

Well, Heck, under the conditions that you just described most anyone could be outstanding
The scenerio you described sounds like Ken Dorseys situation at Miami or Jake Cokers situation at Bama
Also Trent Filter at the Ravens.

My point is when talking about a QB, all context matters. I mean Alabama had a RB at QB and he put up great numbers. I know some want to push this notion that JG would suck anywhere he was but that is just highly unlikely. Especially if he was at Bama.

My 2 cents...TIFWIW

if we had a Bama type OL, it may have translated to two more wins last year. But getting blown out by Missouri and Vandy was not the OL. It was a poor performance on D. JG must absolutely play his best EVERY game. Great QB’s don’t fade away and put up duds. Yes a good OL would help, but we’ve had a decent sample size of JG. My take, he’s a slightly above average QB.

You simply don’t know a whole lot about football. Give us bamas oline and we would have probably won the east last year.

My point is when talking about a QB, all context matters. I mean Alabama had a RB at QB and he put up great numbers. I know some want to push this notion that JG would suck anywhere he was but that is just highly unlikely. Especially if he was at Bama.

Good point but JG would see the field at Bama only when holding the ball on PAT's.

JG had a bama type Oline. I think he would be an above average QB! What do you guys think?
He would be the exact same QB his is now. He might have more success but upgrades on the OL won’t improve reading the D, accuracies, or timing .

You simply don’t know a whole lot about football. Give us bamas oline and we would have probably won the east last year.

Keep telling yourself that. Seems like you’re the one not knowing much about football...takes much more than a good OL to be good.

Wrong. He will do very well even if he doesn’t, get 3-4 seconds to throw. He was much better last year until the Oline packed their bags and went home the last two games of the season. The Oline will play better this year even if 2-3 Freshmen play a lot of downs. The attitude will be much better with Chaney leading the offense and attitude, other think talent, is the most important to winning football games.
Hope you are right!

JG is 62 percent accurate in this throws so you would think with more time he could up that some. It wasn't just JG we also couldn't run the ball effectively so that certainly makes you QB look worse.

Reactions: alaVOL
JG had a bama type Oline. I think he would be an above average QB! What do you guys think?

Absolutely. It amazes me how underrated those big boys up front are. Look at all great offenses in college and the nfl and I guarantee they have an all American / all pro OL. Everyone loves to talk about the skill players especially the Qb but they are nothing without a great OL. I have seen many qbs with a great skill set who are ineffective with a poor OL and many qbs with an average skill set who look great with a strong OL (yes I’m talking about Tom Brady in this category).

Look at his HS tape...he cant...he has never fully recovered from the injury...the JG we recruited is not the the JG we have now....
He didn't run in high school either or at least not much. couple hundred yards total. Hell the high school QB here where i'm at ran for 1500 yards and 30+ tds (just guessing off the top of my head but close) JUST THIS YEAR. That is what you call a running qb

What if Daniel Lincoln had not shanked the Bama kick in 2009? Bama would have lost 12 - 10 and that loss would have kept them from playing Notre Dame for national Championship

Not necessarily. They still would have faced then#1 in Atlanta. With a win, they would have likely gotten back to BCS title.

Not often enough. If he did, he might be a little better prepared on Saturdays, and read a few defenses, correctly, pre-snap,

Yea that 1.5 seconds he had should have been plenty. And i guess you know whats going on during the week. I don't think he is a great qb but for you to assume that you know what is going on is ridiculous.

JG has absolutely ZERO pocket presence. He got rocked so many times ( granted we have a horrible online) with out even turning his head.. plus he’d lose the ball. I get that it’s the blind side but the dude has to turn his head to ready the field anyways.. use those perifs 👀

There are many unrealistic ideas in this thread. JG is a quality qb who even under great duress throws very few ints. He protects the ball and is still 60+%. A solid or an even better Bama type line would make him a top 2 in the SEC at least. Defenses don't respect our run game so his job is tough to do in <2 sec.

VN Store

Back