What if.....

A Bama quality O-line would give him a ground attack, which opens up play action downfield opportunities. It also slows the pass rush, reducing turnovers via forced, tipped and hurried throws. Not to mention back-side sacks that cause fumbles. I'd say JG is an average QB. With all this in place, he'd be an above average QB/Game manager.

Please!! He still has to be able to think quickly. (many plays require changing a call at the line or hand off or run or throw) Lack of experience is not an excuse at this point. The guy just hasn't got the smarts or the passing or running ability to get the job done at the level required in the SEC.

My take, since I'm not dead set on his greatness or sucking.
He still wouldn't be Tua bit it was interesting to see how much Tua struggled with Clemson able to get pressure.
Completely changed his game.

I was being sarcastic. Seems its been brought up in 8 out if 10 threads and discussed in several.

It would be interesting and I think a bunch of people would be surprised... on both sides.

Reactions: Chilmonty
I was being sarcastic. Seems its been brought up in 8 out if 10 threads and discussed in several.

It would be interesting and I think a bunch of people would be surprised... on both sides.
Not about pressure but confusion. The DC had him lost on scheme. Exposed him.

Sorry, not over as much anymore. But agree, not as good as some think and better than others believe.

Reactions: Behr
i think he will be better behind an oline that can block in general. He is a geat QB has all the intangible qualities that a team needs. He just needs to be upright to throw to his targets

My take, since I'm not dead set on his greatness or sucking.
He still wouldn't be Tua bit it was interesting to see how much Tua struggled with Clemson able to get pressure.
Completely changed his game.

I had the same thought. Shocking actually.

I think it would rise him to a different level. Having protection and time to throw obviously makes a QB’s life so much easier. Plus throw in the face we now have a strong running game with this newly revamped O line. I think JG is bagged on way to much, he’s taken so many big hits in his time here, Tua probably hasn’t been hit hard 2-3 times all year. Just my 2 pennies

I dont disagree...i just feel like he was a differnt player before he got hurt...

Maybe. I’m not sure since I haven’t seen the tape. Regardless, if he’s the starter I just hope whoever is the QB coach improves him so the team can score more and win.

If we had a Bama O-line, our RBs would put up 225+ yards a game and JG would hit crossing routes/flat routes due to cheating LBs. Plus he wouldn't get up after every play dusting himself off. 8-4 minimum + bowl

Reactions: volsdeepnsc
You've got to be kidding me! It would be nice if the Moderators could add a list of thread titles to eliminate, any that ever start with "What if ...". Particularly if it's only "What if". Also, what happen to the 100 post minimum? Wouldn't that give the newbies time to realize you should never start a thread titled "What if"??????

How many championships did they win with those game managers?

A lot. You missed the whole point. Bama can win with mediocre qbs because of everything around them. Tennessee can’t. If we don’t have a great qb we can’t win. JG isn’t great. Crompton could’ve won a title at bama lol

And not as good at as most of them were. Remember he hesitates, sorta like not mentally fast enough. Not nice to say, but that is just the way it looks to me.

Our line is awful don’t get me wrong but even Pruitt has said multiple times JG gets lit up because he can’t see an obvious blitz coming. JGs biggest problem isn’t talent, he’s god awful at reading defenses and has no feel in the pocket. He’s got a big arm and used to have wheels back in HS. Now he’s a qb with a bad oline and has limited weapons to play with and couldn’t read a defense if they told him before the play what they’re in. Our offense is bad for all those reasons.

VN Store

Back