What did you have for dinner II?

I may have to try that. We have a good Asian market in Kingsport, I'll have to raid the noodle isle. Have you tried ordering them from there? I'm curious as to how they ship them.
I need to click through on the link above, but the last I tried, they were only available on the Mainland in California. Anything else would involve hysterically high air freight prices. If you find anything local, especially if the grocer knows what saimin is, please let me know - I will drive!

Udon might be the next best option (vs ramen). Here’s a video recipe for saimin using ramen from a Big Island chef. As with anything involving Hawai’i, the video is leisurely paced:

Easy Saimin Recipe

Also these:

How to make Hawaiʻi-style saimin broth (and find Sun Noodles on the mainland)

Honolulu Star-Bulletin Features

I need to click through on the link above, but the last I tried, they were only available on the Mainland in California. Anything else would involve hysterically high air freight prices. If you find anything local, especially if the grocer knows what saimin is, please let me know - I will drive!

Udon might be the next best option (vs ramen). Here’s a video recipe for saimin using ramen from a Big Island chef. As with anything involving Hawai’i, the video is leisurely paced:

Easy Saimin Recipe

Also these:

How to make Hawaiʻi-style saimin broth (and find Sun Noodles on the mainland)

Honolulu Star-Bulletin Features
Ok definitely going to try that. I'll let you know if I find a good sub for the noodles.

Reactions: VolNExile
Made a somewhat authentic Brunswick stew for the guys at the fire station tonight. Rabbit, deer, pastured pork and chicken with Lima’s, corn potatoes and tomatoes. Good warm meal For what was supposed to be Helicopter life flight training but the bird never got to us from being diverted 2xs for real emergencies.

Trying to kill off the chicken-sausage arrabbiata from the other night. If anything, it's even hotter now. After eating, I had to scrub my lips and hit the Chapstick! And that was just from 2 kinda-heaping teaspoons of red papper flakes (and some smoked paprika, but no real heat there) on the equivalent of 12 servings. #RespectTheRedPepperFlakes

VN Store

Back