What did you have for dinner II?

Braised some beef short ribs and pulled them. Then used them in steak salad.
I'm sorry sir, but wouldn't that be called Rib Salad???? Picked up Teriyaki and Buffalo wings on the way home from the granddaughters 1rst B day party. Had a vanilla and orange cupcake for a snack before dinner LOL. And for my Vol friends, my sons in laws are Bama fans ( I've taken them to Neyland with me before and they are good folks) but I wore my Power T camo orange hat and photo bombed alot of their pics!

I'm sorry sir, but wouldn't that be called Rib Salad???? Picked up Teriyaki and Buffalo wings on the way home from the granddaughters 1rst B day party. Had a vanilla and orange cupcake for a snack before dinner LOL. And for my Vol friends, my sons in laws are Bama fans ( I've taken them to Neyland with me before and they are good folks) but I wore my Power T camo orange hat and photo bombed alot of their pics!
Technically. But "rib salad" makes me think of pork spare ribs. Though I'm not sure how that would work. Lol

Reactions: Vjcvette
Technically. But "rib salad" makes me think of pork spare ribs. Though I'm not sure how that would work. Lol
I never understood the whole concept of steak salad and I'm guilty too. When you have "Chicken salad" its chopped chicken relish mayo etc... WHen you have "Egg salad" you have boiled eggs diced mixed with mayo mustard sweet pickle etc... SHrimp salad diced or whole baby shrimp with mayo etc... but steak salad is some leftover sliced steak served over mixed green lettuce. Who invited the rabbits?

I never understood the whole concept of steak salad and I'm guilty too. When you have "Chicken salad" its chopped chicken relish mayo etc... WHen you have "Egg salad" you have boiled eggs diced mixed with mayo mustard sweet pickle etc... SHrimp salad diced or whole baby shrimp with mayo etc... but steak salad is some leftover sliced steak served over mixed green lettuce. Who invited the rabbits?
Slathering a steak in mayo is likely to get you stabbed in large parts of the country, so the name wasn't taken. In fact, I submit to you that those mayonnaise based concoctions being called "salad" is the real problem here.

Slathering a steak in mayo is likely to get you stabbed it large parts of the country, so the name wasn't taken. I'm fact, I submit to you that those mayonnaise based concoctions being called "salad" is the real problem here.
I like mayo what can I say?😚 I make high brow mayo with our fresh chicken eggs sometimes and I call it aioli ... that’s like Latin for fancy mayonnaise I think.😝 Alright enough for One evening. Joe’s gonna hit this thread Monday and be like wth happened here? ✌️

I like mayo what can I say?😚 I make high brow mayo with our fresh chicken eggs sometimes and I call it aioli ... that’s like Latin for fancy mayonnaise I think.😝 Alright enough for One evening. Joe’s gonna hit this thread Monday and be like wth happened here? ✌️
Fair enough. I'll refrain from getting in my Mayo soapbox. It makes the natives restless anyway.

Reactions: bag12day
Doctored up frozen 5 cheese pizza with homegrown purple peppers, shaved shallots, Hungarian paprika, and fire roasted artichoke hearts

What memories from back in the day when I didn't realize some of our meals was because of white priviledge.

Mom would doctor up $1 Totino's pepperoni pizzas with onion, velveeta, and tomatoes. $5 dinner for five. we tore those things up.

The other cheapy that I was fond of was the chipped beef and gravy on toast meal. the only shaved meat in a jar on the shelf that wouldn't go bad for years. She'd chop that up, make a gravy for it, and spoon it over the toast. thought it was a special treat. And that Chicken ala King too.

Reactions: tntar heel
Saturday was a good day for the taste buds. Shrimp boil with tasty wild caught gulf shrimp, fresh corn, taters and onions. And filet tips sauteed to a nice medium with a splash of whiskey sauce.

Followed up Sunday with Mississippi Pot roast (Seared chuck roast with butter, pepperocini's, Ranch seasoning, and onion soup mix). Finished off in crock pot. Mashed potatoes, and butter peas with mayo and sweet red pepper relish.

VN Store

Back