What did you have for dinner II?

Cholent which is a bean and meat stew. It was simmered overnight for over 12 hours. The egg appetizer is called eier mit zwiebel, the eggs were cooked whole in the stew and later carmalized onions were added to the egg appetizer. And for dessert we had apple kugel.

2A76B5F7-8A01-407E-B0D3-1CEB5E885437.jpeg6F9D503B-2CE5-452C-9305-D4A9B04F8C0B.jpeg

Cholent which is a bean and meat stew. It was simmered overnight for over 12 hours. The egg appetizer is called eier mit zwiebel, the eggs were cooked whole in the stew and later carmalized onions were added to the egg appetizer. And for dessert we had apple kugel.

View attachment 285339View attachment 285340
A bowl of matzo ball soup and or some gefilte fish would be nice with that also;)

View attachment 285339View attachment 285340
Bravo to your Mother, looks incredible......

And here I thought I had a multicultural diet.

I finally see a break in the chaos after this week so hopefully I can eat a lot more robustly again. Wife has been making us some Peruvian standards (chicken + rice basically) lately, which are great, but we're ready for some variety!

Marinating some chicken breasts, which will be grilled. Picked some basil to go with fresh mozzerella and a gorgeous tomato we got at the grocery store. Ours aren't ready yet.
Marinating some chicken breasts, which will be grilled. Picked some basil to go with fresh mozzerella and a gorgeous tomato we got at the grocery store. Ours aren't ready yet.
Still stomping my feet in protest of avatar..... Wife making a sausage penne pasta tonight. Post pics later.

VN Store

Back