What did you have for dinner II?

Been slammed with work lately so dinners have been quick and not fancy. Ordered Chipotle for delivery last night after teaching a class online. Wife and I both ordered salads, and they arrived with no lettuce and no fajita veggies and mine was covered in corn salsa which I didn't want and didn't even have another type of salsa I ordered. They got the meat right for us both, I guess.

When we called they just told us they were out of lettuce and veggies and to come back tomorrow (today) for free bowls. We'll see how that goes. So far it was a total failure.

Beef & kidney pie filling - cubed chuckeye, trimmed lamb kidneys, chopped, diced shallots, onions & carrots, softened in butter & juices, beef bone stock, tomato & red pepper soup, flour & butter for thickening; simmered together, it becomes savory pie filling with gravy, only I served it with the last of the potatoes au gratin & green peas, no pie crust. Er muh gaud, yum.

Junior Double Cheeseburger at bowling alley last night.

Grass fed Wagyu short ribs tonight. also thawed some Wagyu ground beef but haven't decided. Might just sear off some patties for lunch while putting the ribs on the smoker for the afternoon.

Thinking I might also get some blackeye peas in the pot and add browned wagyu ground meat, spiced up and served out over rice

Wife is gone to GA to help sister for a week home from chemo. so, thinking about some things she don't let me cook cause she thinks I can't. I love fish/seafood stews/curries. Also considering a seafood gumbo.

Last edited:
Oh, it's on now.

Just picked up a jar of roux powder at the local Cajun seafood market. Don't have to labor over my own. And it's good to add a dash to the gravy when doing steak and gravy.

One healthy filet of walleye (will save a small portion to sautee. walleye is great). Shrimp. Oysters. Crab. Chicken. andouille. lobster tail. Gonna be a killer gumbo tonight. Was going back and forth between the gumbo or seafood stew. Kroger being out of clam juice made that decision for me I guess.

Then crock pot of blackeyed peas with sausage and wagyu ground meat going on tonight for the rest. And Wagy short ribs on smoker while gumbo cooking. My meals will be set for pretty much the whole time I'm on my own the next 5 days.

Oh, it's on now.

Just picked up a jar of roux powder at the local Cajun seafood market. Don't have to labor over my own. And it's good to add a dash to the gravy when doing steak and gravy.

One healthy filet of walleye (will save a small portion to sautee. walleye is great). Shrimp. Oysters. Crab. Chicken. andouille. lobster tail. Gonna be a killer gumbo tonight. Was going back and forth between the gumbo or seafood stew. Kroger being out of clam juice made that decision for me I guess.

Then crock pot of blackeyed peas with sausage and wagyu ground meat going on tonight for the rest. And Wagy short ribs on smoker while gumbo cooking. My meals will be set for pretty much the whole time I'm on my own the next 5 days.
Walleye is absolutely delicious.

The Hungarian bowls and plates with the flowers you see pictured are ones that were used in the Hungarian restaurant at the 1982 Worlds Fair in Knoxville. The Hungarian pavilion sold them at the end of the fair instead of taking them back to Hungary.

zoldborso leves csirke (Hungarian green pea soup with chicken)
87A63B67-A5DA-4B2A-BBE1-9FE9ED7BD75D.jpeg
kaposztás tészta (Hungarian cabbage and noodles)
518A1566-01D0-4698-826B-AFFEE589B326.jpeg

The Hungarian bowls and plates with the flowers you see pictured are ones that were used in the Hungarian restaurant at the 1982 Worlds Fair in Knoxville. The Hungarian pavilion sold them at the end of the fair instead of taking them back to Hungary.

zoldborso leves csirke (Hungarian green pea soup with chicken)
View attachment 285134
kaposztás tészta (Hungarian cabbage and noodles)
View attachment 285133
Those plates are Beautiful

VN Store

Back