Wes Moore Twitter Rumor

Raoul tweeted that the Lady Vols job is Kellie Harper's if she wants it.

If in fact she is hired, expect another 6-7 years of mediocrity with the Mississippi States and South Carolinas regularly stomping the Lady Vols. If she couldn't win in the ACC, she sure as hell won't win in the SEC.

You know this how? If she can keep Sharonna Reaves and the current team and signees, she would be successful pretty quickly.

If in fact she is hired, expect another 6-7 years of mediocrity with the Mississippi States and South Carolinas regularly stomping the Lady Vols. If she couldn't win in the ACC, she sure as hell won't win in the SEC.

In early years it was darker. But during my lifetime it was always lighter in color. Their physical similarities are almost creepy to me. Maybe others don’t see it but she almost looks like she could be her daughter.

I just think we need to go a new direction. We don’t need a surrogate Pat. That’s how her hire would feel to me. Because she certainly isn’t the best possible coach we can get. Just the most similar to what fans are used to...we see how that went for Holly.

I totally agree and was thinking how Kelly has some strikingly similar features to Pat. Very eery...

I too think that fans are looking for the second coming of Pat and want Kelly to be that. I think breaking tradition will be good for the program in the long run. It would be a lot easier to fire a coach who is not connected to the program for underachieving before we reach the lows that we have the past few seasons. It gets complicated with former Lady Vols...I strongly believe that Holly was able to coach for as long as she did because she was a LVFL. We can’t afford another 7 years and I feel Kelly would be given more time than an outsider to underachieve just like Holly was given.

Last edited:
You know this how? If she can keep Sharonna Reaves and the current team and signees, she would be successful pretty quickly.

I have heard nothing but wonderful things about Reaves, and so my sentimental self joins many others in hoping that the next coach sees fit to consider her when forming her/his support staff.

That said, in all my years of watching coaching changes, I have to say that at least 90 percent of the time a new coach is hired, the former coach’s support staff automatically assumes they need to find new jobs. In all honesty, this is probably best more often than not. But if *I* were hiring assistants, I might be willing to make Reaves the exception to my rule.

Reactions: EarlVolFan
I totally agree and was thinking how Kelly has some strikingly similar features to Pat. Very eery...

I too think that fans are looking for the second coming of Pat and want Kelly to be that. I think breaking tradition will be good for the program in the long run. It would be a lot easier to fire a coach who is not connected to the program for underachieving before we reach the lows that we have the past few seasons. It gets complicated with former Lady Vols...I strongly believe that Holly was able to coach for as long as she did because she was a LVFL. We can’t afford another 7 years and I feel Kelly would be more time than an outsider to underachieve just like Holly was given.

Cutiepie5 gets it.

Ya think a decision has been made already??
What about waiting until after NCAA tourney so we can interview other candidates
I hope they wait until after the tourney because that shows that they are taking their time to make the best choice.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Hahaha you beat me to it!
I could not look at that terrible thing week after week. Much worse than Holly’s shirts

I watched him coach for 15 years at UTC and don't recall him wearing anything remotely like this. All I ever saw was him owning the other teams in the league for the better part of 15 years. 12 championships in those 15 years. No, it wasn't the SEC, but he was beating the other SoCon teams with his own SoCon-talent players.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Do you think he won 12 league championships at UTC WITHOUT recruiting?? If he did, that speaks even better to his coaching ability.

Recruiting to the ability to win the SoCon is different than an recruiting to win the SEC. As it stands, he hasn't even come close to winning the ACC with his recruiting OR coaching.

VN Store

Back