Wes Moore Twitter Rumor

Honestly I tend to agree with this. I believe she and Niele Ivey both have an "IT" factor that coaches like Jolly-Harper and Moore do not. But they have no HC experience so there is nothing to base this on.

But having talked to several LV fans in private, a lot of them love the idea of Niele Ivey being hired and many of them also believe Kara would turn it around in a heartbeat. Most of them also like Hammon. I believe all of them have an "IT" factor. They are young and have a fire in their bellies that I think would propel them to success here.

I trust those of you who say that Ivey would be a terrific hire, so I would be SO happy about that, too. She is certainly a physically beautiful woman whom the girls’ friends would have nothing to poke fun at! lol

I’ll tell ya. I’m just glad I’m not Fulmer. No matter what he does there will be people who criticize his decision. I know how much he loves Lady Vols basketball, so I am confident he’ll do the best he can. But I DO have my fingers crossed about certain things, I can’t lie.

I’ll fully support ANYone he hires, though. The players — both present and past — have earned that level of support for all the joy the program has brought me and my family over the decades. I’ll be there next season!

Reactions: T_Vol376
I trust those of you who say that Ivey would be a terrific hire, so I would be SO happy about that, too. She is certainly a physically beautiful woman whom the girls’ friends would have nothing to poke fun at! lol

I’ll tell ya. I’m just glad I’m not Fulmer. No matter what he does there will be people who criticize his decision. I know how much he loves Lady Vols basketball, so I am confident he’ll do the best he can. But I DO have my fingers crossed about certain things, I can’t lie.

I’ll fully support ANYone he hires, though. The players — both present and past — have earned that level of support for all the joy the program has brought me and my family over the decades. I’ll be there next season!

I’m trying to tell myself I’ll be positive and supportive of the new coach regardless. The only one I’ll have a hard time with is Moore. He is a great coach and I’m sure we would win more games, but I don’t view him as a national championship caliber hire. Or a good long term decision.

Reactions: lvocd
I honestly believe that alumni should be consulted. A fellow fan of mine said he should consult with Mique, Catchings, Lawson, Parker and yes, even Holly and Bridgette Gordon, about who they believe would be the right choice. I mean, the football team consults with Peyton Manning about every single coaching change (and he even got a vote on who the next AD was when Currie was hired), so why not? And Lawson is a trustee at that. They should have a say-so.

Obviously any former player would have the support of the alumni. Harper, Fargas, McCray. I'm not sure Walz would. Moore would. I believe Ivey would as well, as would Hammon.

I honestly believe that alumni should be consulted. A fellow fan of mine said he should consult with Mique, Catchings, Lawson, Parker and yes, even Holly and Bridgette Gordon, about who they believe would be the right choice. I mean, the football team consults with Peyton Manning about every single coaching change (and he even got a vote on who the next AD was when Currie was hired), so why not? And Lawson is a trustee at that. They should have a say-so.

Obviously any former player would have the support of the alumni. Harper, Fargas, McCray. I'm not sure Walz would. Moore would. I believe Ivey would as well, as would Hammon.

Holly should have absolutely no say. She had a terrible rapport with the current team. I fear that if they know she had any hand in selecting the new coach it would immediately undermine the new hire. The rest you mentioned should absolutely have an opportunity to give their two cents once they have it down to two or theee candidates.

Reactions: volman128
Raoul tweeted that the Lady Vols job is Kellie Harper's if she wants it.
If that is the case unless Raoul is Phil she is our new coach. And consulting with the former LVs then all men are out of the equation. I would be surprised it that is going to be the case!

In my mind Harper is simply everyone wanting another Pat. They have many similar qualities, both Tennessee girls, the blue eyed stare etc. But we don’t need another Pat, we need another winner. And her track record isn’t exactly great.

They were the Cinderella in the tournament this season and this was also her Cinderella team IMO. This is the only season she’s had any real success.

That MO State team had a lot to be inspired by this season as well. What with Jackie Stiles having ocular melanoma and a great senior leader in Gitzen.

I’d rather see us go in the compete opposite direction of Pat to avoid comparison as much as possible.

Last edited:
In my mind Harper is simply everyone wanting another Pat. They have many similar qualities, both Tennessee girls, even the same strawberry blonde hair.

Neither Pat nor Kellie have/had strawberry blonde hair. ;) Kellie is a real blonde and Pat was a brunette.

Holly should have absolutely no say. She had a terrible rapport with the current team. I fear that if they know she had any hand in selecting the new coach it would immediately undermine the new hire. The rest you mentioned should absolutely have an opportunity to give their two cents once they have it down to two or theee candidates.

This may sound crazy, but if that’s what she wanted, I would absolutely be okay with including Holly in the group I’d honor with an opportunity to PRIVATELY express opinions about who should be considered candidates for the next hire. Given her emotionally-compromised state I might hesitate to give a lot of creedence to her opinion at this time, but I’d honor her status as one of the handful of players with her jersey in the rafters, and who took over the program during THE most heartbreaking time in WCBB history, with an opportunity to express her opinion. It would hurt noone to do that. It doesn’t mean that anyone has to do what she suggests.

Reactions: VolBall09
In my mind Harper is simply everyone wanting another Pat. They have many similar qualities, both Tennessee girls, even the same strawberry blonde hair. But we don’t need another Pat, we need another winner. And her track record isn’t exactly great.

They were the Cinderella in the tournament this season and this was also her Cinderella team IMO. This is the only season she’s had any real success.

That MO State team had a lot to be inspired by this season as well. What with Jackie Stiles having ocular melanoma and a great senior leader in Gitzen.

I’d rather see us go in the compete opposite direction of Pat to avoid comparison as much as possible.

I can respect that opinion.

I swear, this is tough! As a fan since the 70s, my heart and mind are being pulled in every direction right now. I really just want my beloved Lady Vols to be legitimate contenders again.

Neither Pat nor Kellie have/had strawberry blonde hair. ;) Kellie is a real blonde and Pat was a brunette.

In early years it was darker. But during my lifetime it was always lighter in color. Their physical similarities are almost creepy to me. Maybe others don’t see it but she almost looks like she could be her daughter.

I just think we need to go a new direction. We don’t need a surrogate Pat. That’s how her hire would feel to me. Because she certainly isn’t the best possible coach we can get. Just the most similar to what fans are used to...we see how that went for Holly.

Reactions: cutiepie5
I can respect that opinion.

I swear, this is tough! As a fan since the 70s, my heart and mind are being pulled in every direction right now. I really just want my beloved Lady Vols to be legitimate contenders again.

You’ve been a fan longer than I’ve been alive. I tip my hat to you. I was just a little kid when Pat started winning championships. I was transfixed every time she was on television though. I never saw someone get so much out of players. Especially in the women’s game. It was obvious she didn’t just raise the bar, she set it.

In early years it was darker. But during my lifetime it was always lighter in color. Their physical similarities are almost creepy to me. Maybe others don’t see it but she almost looks like she could be her daughter.

I just think we need to go a new direction. We don’t need a surrogate Pat. That’s how her hire would feel to me. Because she certainly isn’t the best possible coach we can get. Just the most similar to what fans are used to...we see how that went for Holly.

Again, I hear you and absolutely respect (and at least partially, if reluctantly, agree with) what you’re saying. But oh my goodness, I simply can’t totally discount the possibility of the storybook tale of how the girl from Middle Tennessee came home to try to bring the program back to the glory that her Middle Tennessee-born legendary coach once reached.

The storyline/raw emotional electricity in that scenario are just too great to be ignored. The motivation to succeed would either make Kellie go off the deep end OR become the coach we all are someday so happy Phil hired.

I’ll admit I’m a mess right now trying to sort all my thoughts and feelings about all this. One thing is always a certainty, though: I love Lady Vols Basketball!

You’ve been a fan longer than I’ve been alive. I tip my hat to you. I was just a little kid when Pat started winning championships. I was transfixed every time she was on television though. I never saw someone get so much out of players. Especially in the women’s game. It was obvious she didn’t just raise the bar, she set it.

Thank you. Your post made my day, but please know that your opinion is just as respected as any of those expressed by us older fans. I like to think that we all want the same thing, and I am confident that we’re blissfully close to having our hopes and dreams come to life. The Lady Vols WILL be a much better team next season. Of THAT we can both be certain.

VN Store

Back