Wes Moore Twitter Rumor

Grahamland

Can anyone discredit or acknowledge this? I don’t know the source, but they have a ton of followers.

I personally think he’s too old, and isn’t the best long term hire. I also don’t know about his recruiting prowess. That’s just me though.

Wes Moore is a good coach but at 61 he's too old in my opinion. I still think Jeff Walz will wind up the Tennessee women's basketball coach. Knoxnews has a 50 photo spread of Coach Walz and I don't think they would do that unless he's about to become the Tennessee women's basketball head coach.

Louisville women's basketball coach Jeff Walz through the years

My parents are friends with Wes and his wife Linda. Went to church together for years when Wes was UTC coach. My mom still speaks with his wife Linda occasionally. It will be hard to get Wes and his wife to leave North Carolina because that's home to them and where their family is and is the only reason he left UTC to go home to NC. They loved Chattanooga, the community and the church and if not for the family, he would have still been in Chattanooga. They are great people and love Tennessee and he is a great WB coach. I know money talks but my Mom says it will be hard to get him to leave where he is from and NO she isn't going to ask his wife either.

Will be interesting how this plays out.

Hmm, if someone like Lawson or Catchings did actually want some coaching experience at Tennessee, they could be the top assistant for Wes, and take over after ten or so years. I'm cool with this.

Reactions: dgcarter43
His team is still in the tournament also. So it’s not going to be that soon. Just wishful thinking is my guess.

Can anyone discredit or acknowledge this? I don’t know the source, but they have a ton of followers.

I personally think he’s too old, and isn’t the best long term hire. I also don’t know about his recruiting prowess. That’s just me though.

Miss. St. coach would be my choice. He took them from nowhere to natl. title contenders and still remain strong.

VN Store

Back