Week 2 CFP - Vols ranked 5th

Post or quote my comments from last night saying a 13-0 TCU would not make the playoff then…..

Seems like an easy thing to do with how blatantly I’m lying…..

If today was the final poll then you'd be wrong and I'd be here laffing at you.

But this is not the final poll so you're not wrong yet. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

But I'm out I can't read anymore. Hood luck.

If today was the final poll then you'd be wrong and I'd be here laffing at you.

But this is not the final poll so you're not wrong yet. I'm not sure why that's so hard to understand.

But I'm out I can't read anymore. Hood luck.

Something tells me you’re laughing regardless if today is final poll or not. 😂😂😂😂

I’ve worn my welcome. Goodnight buddy.

This was literally my point the whole time. You’re trying to say i made a blanketed comment that TCU at 13-0 would not make the playoff regardless of any other team. Which sadly you are lying about…. I very clearly said 13-0 TCU wouldn’t get in over a 13-0 Clemson in which Clemson going undefeated was still a possible thing at 7:43 PM on Saturday night.

You said TCU didn’t matter and even if they went undefeated they wouldn’t make the playoffs. That was ignorant. This has never been an either or situation. There have always been and still exist numerous scenarios that involve either, both, or neither making the playoffs.

That’s why it was ignorant for you to proclaim it didn’t matter if TCU was undefeated

I'm fine with where the Vols are ranked atm. Undefeated P5 teams should generally have the benefit of doubt vs a 1 loss P5 team. There is no team in college football that can match our final resume with 1 loss, assuming we win out. If any team gets in over us with a loss, the whole thing is a farce.

You said TCU didn’t matter and even if they went undefeated they wouldn’t make the playoffs. That was ignorant. This has never been an either or situation. There have always been and still exist numerous scenarios that involve either, both, or neither making the playoffs.

That’s why it was ignorant for you to proclaim it didn’t matter if TCU was undefeated

If and only if, Clemson went 13-0….. since Clemson can’t go 13-0 anymore, 13-0 TCU would be in the playoff. Yet somehow I’m lying about what I said…..

TCU has got a couple games they will have to win to make it in.

Michigan needs to beat OSU.

Oregon needs to lose a game.

Tennessee and Georgia need to win out and both will.

Reactions: counterdevotee
LSU should win out the rest of their games. If they do, they’re in over Bama. LSU has a better defense than TN but Daniels is not Hooker and he’s certainly no Bryce Young. Y’all should be able to handle them rather easily.

As far as MSU and KY goes, LOL. You can sleep-walk through those games. No contest.
I agree, you’re probably right. Let’s just hope that Arkansas and aTm keep playing the way they’ve been playing.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Something tells me you’re laughing regardless if today is final poll or not. 😂😂😂😂

I’ve worn my welcome. Goodnight buddy.
No. You said they wouldn't put an undefeated TCU over an 11-1 Tennessee. I'll wait until Tennessee is 11-1 and TCU is in and were not before I call you out. 👍

Reactions: Vol8188
If and only if, Clemson went 13-0….. since Clemson can’t go 13-0 anymore, 13-0 TCU would be in the playoff. Yet somehow I’m lying about what I said…..

That’s ignorant. Once again (since you didn’t address this):

There still are and always have been scenarios that included both TCU and Clemson, neither of them, or one of them.

To pretend otherwise is ignorant.

I agree, you’re probably right. Let’s just hope that Arkansas and aTm keep playing the way they’ve been playing.
Jimbo is a fraud. As far as Arky goes, I’m not sure what went wrong for them this season but it makes me a little sad. I like Pittman and hope they pull it together. Next season of course lol.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
That’s ignorant. Once again (since you didn’t address this):

There still are and always have been scenarios that included both TCU and Clemson, neither of them, or one of them.

To pretend otherwise is ignorant.

How is it ignorant when the committee has done more ignorant than what he's suggesting? Lol.

I could have totally seen an undefeated Clemson get in because they've been a fixture there and an undefeated TCU not get in over a 1 loss Tennessee team with its resume. That seems pretty likely to me. I think some of you are just annoyed by his arrogance in claiming its a lock.

But we'll all see at the same time.

How is it ignorant when the committee has done more ignorant than what he's suggesting? Lol.

I could have totally seen an undefeated Clemson get in because they've been a fixture there and an undefeated TCU not get in over a 1 loss Tennessee team with its resume. That seems pretty likely to me. I think some of you are just annoyed by his arrogance in claiming its a lock.

But we'll all see at the same time.
Go read all his posts in the "CFP scenarios" thread and you will see that his arrogance is only matched by his selective and dishonest memory.

Go read all his posts in the "CFP scenarios" thread and you will see that his arrogance is only matched by his selective and dishonest memory.

I tangled with him once, but realized he really just doesn't have the mental capacity to comprehend his surroundings. Bless his little heart.

I did. I followed the conversation and called him out on his opinionated "facts". Tennessee ain't 11-1.

Either way I wouldn't let it ruin my night.

We need:
To win all three of our remaining games.
TCU to lose at least one game.
Oregon to lose at least one more game.
USC to lose to Notre Dame.
USC to beat UCLA.

Addendum: I say this because I firmly believe any one loss PAC 12 team will move ahead of us..... not because it's right....and I may just be paranoid....but I think there will be "back room" pressure for a PAC team to be one of the final four.

Why? The Pac 12 is dead. Its just a walking corpse with no power right now. It has no power because it doesn't deliver television eyeballs. You know why there's a playoff? Television money. The committee should strongly want 2 or even 3 SEC teams. We deliver television eyeballs. By far and away the most watched football games each week are SEC games. Not even the Big 10 comes close.

I hope if neither TN or TCU makes it, they pair us up in a bowl to settle this.
I won't go that far as I want TN in the CFP but if the weird stuff has to happen then yeah I want TN vs TCU and put a beat down on them so bad the local PD looks in to charging TN with abuse

Just went and looked at TCU’s schedule. Their one impressive win was against OU which in hindsight isn’t too impressive right now. They will get clobbered in the first round.

They won't make it. They have around a 25 percent chance of beating Texas according to FPI, which has been pretty accurate this year when its at 70+ percent. The other computer prediction site I look at has Texas at a 68 percent chance to win. It's something like 241-102 when it predicts a team in the 60-69% range. Both models picked Georgia last week and the second model I'm referring to picked Georgia by 12 or 13 points.

Here's the problem. We've already made all the waves that we can make. Schedule is front loaded. All the teams w conference title games and year end showdowns have the opportunity to match our SOS but the time the committee makes the final vote.
Hopefully it falls out way, but we didn't take care of business properly to make it ironclad.

The other precedent set tonight, you lose on the road, you drop 4 spots. A home loss should add another spot or two to that drop. We couldn't have lost to a better team, nor can anyone else ranked ahead of us. So any team ahead of us that loses should fall behind us, period.

Reactions: bpalmer28
One thing the committee cannot explain……last week Bama had the edge over TCU.

This week Tennessee does NOT have the edge over TCU.

Although Tennessee has a better SOS than Bama had. Tennessee has a better SOR than BAMA had, and Tennessee has better wins than Bama had…..no way whatsoever to justify that.

Not saying they cannot justify TCU over Tennessee……simply what I said.

By the way TCU has an SOR of 4 and SOS of 68

Tennessee SOR of 2 and SOS of 2

The TCU issue is irrelevant. They win out 13-0, they are in. The lose anywhere, and their out. 100% monochrome.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Here's the problem. We've already made all the waves that we can make. Schedule is front loaded. All the teams w conference title games and year end showdowns have the opportunity to match our SOS but the time the committee makes the final vote.
Hopefully it falls out way, but we didn't take care of business properly to make it ironclad.

We don't have to make more waves. We just have to win and as long as LSU, Alabama and Georgia keep winning the wave we made is bigger than any one loss team wave. It's frankly b.s. that we fell 4 spots by losing to the #1 ranked team on the road.

Jimbo is a fraud. As far as Arky goes, I’m not sure what went wrong for them this season but it makes me a little sad. I like Pittman and hope they pull it together. Next season of course lol.
I couldn’t agree with you more. Obviously I don’t know and have never met Jimbo so I may be mistaken, but he does kinda comes off as a fraud and a jerk. I also really like Pittman, he comes off as a really good person and a good coach.

So what’s your thoughts? Will aTm give Jimbo another year or so bc of an enormous buy out, or are they ready to cut ties? They are certainly not where they expected to be right now.

VN Store

Back