We In!

The person responsible for this bid was the legend Pat Summitt! She built and created this amazing women's program and I knew they would get in simply because of the Tenn. name and history! That elite reputation that Summitt left the program in is still good enough to get even this horrible team in. Now next year, I don't know, maybe there will be big changes in the offseason regardless of how they do in the tournament.
The coaches of every team on the LV's schedule next year lobbied to have Tennessee in the tournament. They don't want her going anywhere lol.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Holy hell, Tennessee-Connecticut in the Sweet 16. I can't even. It's going to happen. This is like when you lock eyes with those two nice Mormon folks across the parking lot and they make a beeline toward you with smiles on their faces. You look around for anything to head toward, but it's too late and now they're here and shaking your hand and asking if you have time to talk and you know you never had a chance.

It's absolutely going to happen. I can't even.

:D:D:D This post is funny! Lol

Oh my gawd, you may be on to something. I mean, really... what else would stick a bigger dagger into the heart of this dreadful season than a 98-15 beatdown in the long-anticipated showdown with Connecticut in the Sweet 16? Let's just get this thing over with! lol

Lololol. Yup. Losing to UConn would be the nuclear cherry bomb on top of a crappy season. It’ll be the summation of the season which Murphy’s law dictated the entire time. All of Holly’s bad “firsts”...The perfect ending to “everything that could go wrong DID go wrong”. The basketball gods are not happy. Lol.

According to this the SEC teams in are Miss St, SC, Kentucky, Texas A&M, Missouri, Tennessee, and Auburn

Out would be Arkansas, LSU, Alabama, Florida, Vandy, Ole Miss, and Georgia and that actually sounds exactly right.

Maybe this is it not long now only couple hours we'll know for sure.

Holly has driven the Lady Vols program into the ground, but by them getting in the NCAA tournament, I’m afraid we can look for several more years of Holly. If she cared for the Lady Vols program, she would resign, but I don’t I don’t see that happening.

Stranger things have happened - Con isn't the team of a few years ago

I agree with that, they have also had a couple of games this season where they couldn't throw a tennis ball in the ocean, like the Oklahoma game. One bad shooting night could be all it takes. I don't think we will get to the Sweet 16 to play them, but Maryland could beat them. They have the bigs inside and Charles is a hard guard for anyone on the UCONN team. She's such a combo player I can't really imagine who would guard her. She can post-up Dangerfield all night, take Williams to the rim as much as she wants and he wont have Collier on her or she'll be in foul trouble. Would have to be Walker and I'm not sure she's up for it.

I have the feeling that Tennessee will someway make it to the Sweet 16 only to be historically humiliated by UConn
Of course! Because how else can this seven years of bad luck possibly end! Apparently I deserve another big dose of sorrow from my sports hobby. Who else but Geno, the ultimate old time LV villan and historical humiliator to end this mess?

Or, because thankfully we're unlikely to get that far, we could merely get kicked to the curb by a lesser arch foe, Brenda "Hands Off Can-dance" Friese.

By the way, remember when we use to love the idea of playing UConn eventually in the tourney, not cower and whimper like tiny babies LOL? That was kinda fun.

I've seen this scenario too often throughout sports history. A talented team who gives inconsistent effort underperforms during the regular season. Then all of a sudden decides to give maximum effort during the postseason and goes on to win one or two rounds. I think Tennessee will beat UCLA and Maryland. Then lose to UConn by 15-20 points.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Lololol. Yup. Losing to UConn would be the nuclear cherry bomb on top of a crappy season. It’ll be the summation of the season which Murphy’s law dictated the entire time. All of Holly’s bad “firsts”...The perfect ending to “everything that could go wrong DID go wrong”. The basketball gods are not happy. Lol.
And all of this we should have known when in her very first game she lost to UT freakin Chattanooga, which at that time, unlike now, was completely unthinkable. The basketball gods were definitely trying to warn us.

Hey what if Wes Moore, the first coach she lost to, succeeds her? More wierd stuff!

I disagree with Calhoun on one point - that making the tournament could be enough to keep Holly on the job.

Though I have always taken the optimistic, "believe" path, the harsh reality is that a first round loss to UCLA is very possible. If the LVs do pull the upset ,they most likely will be subjected to a crushing defeat by Maryland.

The humilating sting of a first round loss and/or blow-out in this first weekend I believe will create a bigger push for a coaching change then invisibility of not making the tournament at all.

I've seen this scenario too often throughout sports history. A talented team who gives inconsistent effort underperforms during the regular season. Then all of a sudden decides to give maximum effort during the postseason and goes on to win one or two rounds. I think Tennessee will beat UCLA and Maryland. Then lose to UConn by 15-20 points.
Everything about this particular team in question, says they will lose to UCLA by 3-6 points.

Of course! Because how else can this seven years of bad luck possibly end! Apparently I deserve another big dose of sorrow from my sports hobby. Who else but Geno, the ultimate old time LV villan and historical humiliator to end this mess?

Or, because thankfully we're unlikely to get that far, we could merely get kicked to the curb by a lesser arch foe, Brenda "Hands Off Can-dance" Friese.

By the way, remember when we use to love the idea of playing UConn eventually in the tourney, not cower and whimper like tiny babies LOL? That was kinda fun.
The talent level of the Tennessee women's basketball program is nowhere close to being anywhere near what it was when Tennessee won National Championships in 2006-2007 and 2007-2008.

Reactions: volnationnj
I disagree with Calhoun on one point - that making the tournament could be enough to keep Holly on the job.

Though I have always taken the optimistic, "believe" path, the harsh reality is that a first round loss to UCLA is very possible. If the LVs do pull the upset ,they most likely will be subjected to a crushing defeat by Maryland.

The humilating sting of a first round loss and/or blow-out in this first weekend I believe will create a bigger push for a coaching change then invisibility of not making the tournament at all.
I disagree... the one box that had to be checked was keeping the "streak" alive. And yes, it can be truly said that Tennessee is still the only team to make all 38 NCAA women's basketball tournaments. I think that is enough (at least for this year) to save her. The selection committee should make Holly's Christmas list this year. She owes them big time!

Reactions: Momto2
Massey has Tennessee w/ a 30% chance to beat UCLA. I think it's truly 50/50 and that's only if Tennessee decides they are excited to play. If they come out lackluster, uninterested, and turning the ball over 5 times in the first 5 mins then you've seen how those games go.

I disagree... the one box that had to be checked was keeping the "streak" alive. And yes, it can be truly said that Tennessee is still the only team to make all 38 NCAA women's basketball tournaments. I think that is enough (at least for this year) to save her. The selection committee should make Holly's Christmas list this year. She owes them big time!

Well, we will see soon enough how it all plays out.

How do you sneak in as an 11 seed? I don't understand the seeding part of the tournament. I would think if you were one of the last four teams that made it in, you would be a 16 seed, not an 11 seed.

The lower seeds are typically champions of lesser conferences -- the one-bid conferences. The middle seeds are where the at-large teams (like UT) are slotted.

If you look at one of Creme's brackets, he puts the automatic bids in all caps.

VN Store

Back